What's new

Why Pakistan's Market Beats China's And India's

I still don't understand why Pakistan should get so much hurt being compared with Bangladesh? Bangladesh is not untouchable. They were part of Pakistan and are not even your enemy. For several years they had the best economic growth rate in South Asia. They taught the world the advantages of micro financing in emancipation of masses. Their achievements in exports and forex reseves are remarkable.
I wish Pakistan a good economic growth and will wait for you to tag me when Pakistan achieves the growth rate of Bangladesh. best wishes!
kid these threads that im posting for the past two days is because to tell cartoons like u that what is our caliber and what r we actually made of. Comparing us with a country like Bangladesh is an insult to us which is a mere indian vessel state and nothing more.

But anyways these forums r for educated and intellectually mature people, which happens to be the largest military forum in the world in terms of memberships. They r about 100,000 now since 2005 when it was made.

U should go and watch Pokemon or Doremon...This Defence.pk is no place for u.

I can see that my statement hurt you. I apologise. I did not mean to.
My troll statements are almost always in response to someone else's.

I am for the most part, just a follower of facts.
no not hurt me, im just appalled by the lack of knowledge here.

See pakistan was always a rich land compared to India as a whole. It's just that they have mismanaged compared to India which itself was shittily managed. So I would not be surprised if pakistan gets rich. Also they have a army rule and domination of Punjabi Sunkist like in China. So if one or two good generals come pakistan will turn around.

How?
Please read the reply at #21 of your fellow countryman. He will clear your confusion should you have any.
When you call someone brother, you wont hate being compared with him.
Why would you take an individuals words true for the whole nation? .... Did we tell you that he is our representative? or has he been ambassador of Pakistan?

I still don't understand why Pakistan should get so much hurt being compared with Bangladesh? Bangladesh is not untouchable. They were part of Pakistan and are not even your enemy. For several years they had the best economic growth rate in South Asia. They taught the world the advantages of micro financing in emancipation of masses. Their achievements in exports and forex reseves are remarkable.
I wish Pakistan a good economic growth and will wait for you to tag me when Pakistan achieves the growth rate of Bangladesh. best wishes!

By Pakistan having good economic growth, that would imply India to stop bankrolling Afghan-based terrorist outfit to undermine the economy of Pakistan as per the official confession from some Indian officials and Ajit Doval regarding their sponsored-terrorism comment.

The only way Pakistan economy took hit is during 1971, 80 [Russia invasion] and now [Indian-funded terrorism].
With problems-free, Pakistan was poised to be Tiger in Asia for the economical world banking on Karachi as economical port alone, but with another economical port joining with Pakistan, projected to put Pakistan on the global map in term of economical world sooner. :D

It was terrorism that hold Pakistan back. That was the only reason why India and Bangladesh were able to edge Pakistan. With stable economy, India and Bangladesh don't stand a chance. Pakistan was Asian tiger in economical world for a reason even with China back then. South Korea and Turkey saw big deals of Pakistan and hence formulated their economical model. Now they are growing progressive nations. Too bad, Pakistan distanced from its own economical model and put itself in the endless crisis that took years to sort them out, and still is.

As long as democracy remains stable continuously, Pakistan is projected to be big player in the foreseeable future. Until then, Pakistan will have to settle with the title "Regional Player". No nation can harm Pakistan, but Pakistan can be threat to its own citing the historical events of illegaly Marshall Law takeover with improper use of the systems never yielded fruitful result in the past.

There was attempted military takeover recently with Imran Khan as tool to use which was aborted by the understanding between General Raheel and Nawaz Sharif but for how long is the key given General Raheel is expected to end his term sooner.

Right now, Pakistan has the long way to go. I am glad Pakistan has turned its corner around. Keep it up; General Raheel and Nawaz Sharif. :tup:

Are you about your statement Don't stand a chance?

Bhai jaan, let me assure u they were not arabs, yes America to some extent but America has only helped us for bare minimum. Arab world was actually poor back in the day, they got their rise in late 60s and 70s. It was actually the civil Democratic leader called Mujeeb ur Rehman the reason ''the process got interrupted'' as u wrote. Political stability is the key word here, specially after the death of Kennedy (what a great Friend of Pakistan he was) by this CIA-MOSSAD nexus through rouge jew CIA operatives he was eliminated. And then after our help for Arabian world in 1967 and 1973 wars America and Israel started plotting against us, America was like meri billi mujhe sy meow!!! Thats where the down fall started and that 71 killings also played its part in our international reputation too. Then by bringing Bhutto who nationalized everything and brought 'Quota system' then Zia CIA assured our down fall in nose dive position. This entire process fucked our R&D and industrial and manufacturing capabilities, Hence no real FDI and this is where these Japanese companies started to pour in and established monopoly that stays till today. In between sanctions also played a big part in it Which discouraged the western investors, and hence dented their technological inflow in civilian industry as well as military industry.

Thats how i look at it.

But in Mushy's times we did managed to attract the largest FDI till that time, and that is true because he did some economic reforms. That Shaukat Aziz was mastermind behind that.

no real indian presence here, not even of @Razia Sultana and @Acknowledge :rofl:

U kid know nothing about my country.

"The process got interrupted'' I see you came prepared for my short-cut comment. :D

In Mushy's time, he got handful of funding during between 2004-2005 in exchange for services provided which is underlined as confidential. That only bought time for stable economy but for how long? Reality kicked in as the funding stopped rolling, and we saw during the ruling of Zardari.

Then, in the history of Pakistan under the ruling of PMLN, there has been largest investments that came like grove which has never been the case with the previous rulers of Pakistan. Pakistan not only recovering to become stable but projected to generate enough revenue to become independence economical nation in the foreseeable future.

I believe in the investment, not paperwork. I heard a lot of how he reformed the economy but we don't know how. There was no explanation at all. If you put 2+2 together, you can guess just reading between the lines. The largest funding during between 2004-2005 which aspired Pakistan with economical reform. It is easy to reform the economical policy with money you get, but without money, that's when it gets tricky. What Nawaz Sharif does is he brings money from the International banks to invest in Pakistan hoping to generate reasonable profits and it all started with Lahore as project, and the investment started rolling one by one as they saw the investments ended with roaring profit.

Fund to bankroll economy is only temporary, but investments that yields reasonable revenue is the long term solution to make the nation economically very stronger and independence. That's happening now since PMLN came into powers.
Musharraff was not business-man, and i stand corrected as i read with his so-called 'reformative economical policy' with giant [funds] loophole sitting on the top of it. It was hiding in plain clear. :D

Are you about your statement Don't stand a chance?

In the competitive world, Bangladesh and India don't stand a chance. They only thrive when Pakistan is in ruins. It is not coincident why Bangladesh and India are thriving with Pakistan is in ruins. For some reasons, their livelihood depends on the destruction of Pakistan. Precisely why Modi is having nervous breakdown upon hearing CPEC and Indian-funded terrorist outfit decimated by Pakistan army big time.

If Pakistan becomes stable, Bangladesh and India are out of the business. Because they are nothing in front of competitive Pakistan in dog-eat-dog world hence the past reputation 'Tiger in Asia' in term of economical world. :D

"The process got interrupted'' I see you came prepared for my short-cut comment. :D

In Mushy's time, he got handful of funding during between 2004-2005 in exchange for services provided which is underlined as confidential. That only bought time for stable economy but for how long? Reality kicked in as the funding stopped rolling, and we saw during the ruling of Zardari.

Then, in the history of Pakistan under the ruling of PMLN, there has been largest investments that came like grove which has never been the case with the previous rulers of Pakistan. Pakistan not only recovering to become stable but projected to generate enough revenue to become independence economical nation in the foreseeable future.

I believe in the investment, not paperwork. I heard a lot of how he reformed the economy but we don't know how. There was no explanation at all. If you put 2+2 together, you can guess just reading between the lines. The largest funding during between 2004-2005 which aspired Pakistan with economical reform. It is easy to reform the economical policy with money you get, but without money, that's when it gets tricky. What Nawaz Sharif does is he brings money from the International banks to invest in Pakistan hoping to generate reasonable profits and it all started with Lahore as project, and the investment started rolling one by one as they saw the investments ended with roaring profit.

Fund to bankroll economy is only temporary, but investments that yields reasonable revenue is the long term solution to make the nation economically very stronger and independence. That's happening now since PMLN came into powers.
Musharraff was not business-man, and i stand corrected as i read with his so-called 'reformative economical policy' with giant [funds] loophole sitting on the top of it. It was hiding in plain clear. :D

In the competitive world, Bangladesh and India don't stand a chance. They only thrive when Pakistan is in ruins. It is not coincident why Bangladesh and India are thriving with Pakistan is in ruins. For some reasons, their livelihood depends on the destruction of Pakistan. Precisely why Modi is having nervous breakdown upon hearing CPEC and Indian-funded terrorist outfit decimated by Pakistan army big time.

If Pakistan becomes stable, Bangladesh and India are out of the business. Because they are nothing in front of competitive Pakistan in dog-eat-dog world hence the past reputation 'Tiger in Asia' in term of economical world. :D
Im a student of IR, this is my subject and area of interest we r discussing, so expect me to come prepared always.

1)about yr first paragraph.... the funding stopped because civilian leader Zardari himself agreed to Carry Lugar bill, under which America itself funds the NGOs and American AIDE program for all the non productive activities in Pakistan ie manufacturing and then supporting Gays-Lesbians or building a certain community in Pakistan's elite called liberals who promote their own ideas over ours. America hopes that by doing this clash of ideas and civilizational values will happen in Pakistan which would eventually end this country and their long pending plan for its destruction. This aint a conspiracy theory but actually our agencies have raided such schools and seminaries where their own embassy officials were present doing these sort of activities in islamabad. That school is all girls school called FG model girls school n College F7 Islamabad opposite Jinnah Super Market. Since u may think im some conspiracy theorist then let me be very candid with u. I know this because i live close by. By signing on that Bill the civilian leader zardari had practically agreed to slaughter our new generations and pervert their little minds. 50 million from that civilian AIDE also goes to our media channels through PEMRA since 2008. Have u observed that since 2008 Pakistani media had stopped America bashing but rather Voice of America type programs started appearing and to attract youth Geo started programs like ''Aalia ny Pakistan chor dia'', ''Wasu aur Main'' another channel ''Goras of Pakistan''. Strange music channels started appearing with with blunt naked Indian and American songs. On the other hand people like Hassan Nisar, Najam Sethi etc etc started to appear to question our national, religious ideologies and values, then Came Aman ki Asha etc etc. Films like Bol, Khuda K Lea started to appear under Geo's banner off course which used to be the highest recipient of that AIDE as being Pakistan's most viewed channel back then............This is the chronology of all those things, hence as a result national got frustrated, demoralized that she remains till this day and as a result within masses of common people them certain reactionary groups started to emerge in the form of religious extremists and politicians took full advantage of such circumstances and distraction of masses by looting as much as they would.

2)if u think we r recovered, yr mistaken......we have lost way too much as a society to recover in such a short period of time. This new economic boom is just a single boon thrown towards a hungry desperate dog. Just to keep him alive for a few more days. Thats the reality. And u will see that in a few years down the line. We will never be able to pay this 8% interest on this 46 billion loan. BTW it isnt an investment rather a loan disguised as an investment. And Nawaz Sharif, a civilian leader has signed it with out ever arguing with Chinese.

I dont know if yr Pakistani or not but that is whats happening in ground.

Lets leave that india rhetoric of Bangladesh and india aside in our own debate.

Last edited:
Im a student of IR, this is my subject and area of interest we r discussing, so expect me to come prepared always.

1)about yr first paragraph.... the funding stopped because civilian leader Zardari himself agreed to Carry Lugar bill, under which America itself funds the NGOs and American AIDE program for all the non productive activities in Pakistan ie manufacturing and then supporting Gays-Lesbians or building a certain community in Pakistan's elite called liberals who promote their own ideas over ours. America hopes that by doing this clash of ideas and civilizations values will happen in Pakistan which would eventually end this country and their long pending plan for its destruction. This aint a conspiracy theory but actually our agencies have raided such schools and seminaries where their own embassy officials were present doing these sort of activities in islamabad. That school is all girls school called FG model girls school n College F7 Islamabad opposite Jinnah Super Market. Since u may thing im some conspiracy theorist then let me be very candid with u. I know this because i live close by. By signing on that Bill the civilian leader zardari had practically agreed to slaughter our new generations and pervert their little minds. 50 million from that civilian AIDE also goes to our media channels through PEMRA since 2008. Have u observed that since 2008 Pakistani media had stopped America bashing but rather Voice of America type programs started appearing and to attract youth Geo started programs like ''Aalia ny Pakistan chor dia'', ''Wasu aur Main'' another channel ''Goras of Pakistan''. Strange music channels started appearing with with blunt naked Indian and American songs. On the other hand people like Hassan Nisar, Najam Sethi etc etc started to appear to question our national, religious ideologies and values, then Came Aman ki Asha etc etc. Films like Bol, Khuda K Lea started to appear under Geo's banner off course which used to be the highest recipient of that AIDE as being Pakistan's most viewed channel back then............This is the chronology of all those things, hence as a result national got frustrated, demoralized that she remains till this day and politicians took full advantage of such circumstances and destruction of masses by looting as much as they would.

2)if u think we r recovered, yr mistaken......we have lost way too much as a society to recover in such a short period of time. This new economic boom is just a single boon thrown towards a hungry desperate dog. Just to keep him alive for a few more days. Thats the reality. And u will see that in a few years down the line. We will never be able to pay this 8% interest on this 46 billion loan. BTW it isnt an investment rather a loan disguised as an investment. And Nawaz Sharif, a civilian leader as signed it with out ever arguing with Chinese.

Exactly jumping to conclusion India stand no chance is silly.. world can't ignore 1.3Billion population and a growing market.. as well from 40+ billion $ majority into power projects with sovereign guarantee.. pak not taking concrete steps towards growth.. rather fully dependent on one project..

That was not Ayub Khan. That was generous funding of Arab worlds and USA to pump Pakistan running into stable economy nation. They had high hopes on Pakistan, but somewhere in the middle, the process got interrupted. Ayub Khan just happened to be there, although democratic leader would have done far better, and to the extent, the dark history of Bangladesh would have been prevented.

Under General Musharraf, That was something wasn't right mathematically considering there was hardly investments in Pakistan while claimed to have functioned as stable economy suggested it was the handsome funding that rolled Pakistan running. Overall, General Musharraf has done nothing noteworthy but only set the nation back with the birth of TTP under his ruling and allowing MQM [his favorite organization] to rule Karachi to ensure Karachi ended up in ruins.

Less said about General Zia, the better. In the history of military leader, the result has never been friendlier. Quite frankly, it makes sense why. They were men of discipline, not innovative nor businessmen. That's something Nawaz Sharif does offer despite his shaddy outlook. You need business-man in nature who can set the nation alright in term of economically.
then should not we employ a CEO for running the country?

also want to know
actually there are no such sectors which are performing better. agriculture targets are not being achieved, our exports are falling, our remmittances should go down as the oil prices are going down and Arab world has started to suffer, textile industry is not functioning as it should have etc etc.
but energy sector with investments coming from China is to some extent performing well.

then should not we employ a CEO for running the country?

actually there are no such sectors which are performing better. agriculture targets are not being achieved, our exports are falling, our remmittances should go down as the oil prices are going down and Arab world has started to suffer, textile industry is not functioning as it should have etc etc.
but energy sector with investments coming from China is to some extent performing well.

CEO would do better job running the nation in economical world. Precisely the same reason why Pakistan economy has stabilized under the ruling of business-man in nature; Nawaz Sharif. If there is one thing he is good at; it is to convert tiny amount into large revenue with the long-term investments in mind. Zardari wasn't business-oriented man so he could afford to do one thing and one thing only which eventually became 10% by reputation as per the popular opinion. Zardari is smart and cunning politician, but since he lacks experience and expertise in business related, he couldn't stop Pakistan economy from collapsing which reached to the point that it was impossible to recover from. When i look back and i look now, i am surprised as how Nawaz Sharif managed to turn the nation around.

I don't know if i mentioned before. That was the day i changed Imran Khan to Nawaz Sharif; however with realistically expectation in mind that no nation was going to become developed overnight, but it is also true that Pakistan has come the long way. And precisely why business-oriented men in charge should assume responsibility over politicians. Uthman (R.A) was business man in trading and how he took the economy forward and tripled the treasury in short time. Because only business men listen to reason. And money is the such cooling fan that bridges the nations together putting their differences asides for the long term benefits. :D

1)about yr first paragraph.... the funding stopped because civilian leader Zardari himself agreed to Carry Lugar bill, under which America itself funds the NGOs and American AIDE program for all the non productive activities in Pakistan ie manufacturing and then supporting Gays-Lesbians or building a certain community in Pakistan's elite called liberals who promote their own ideas over ours. America hopes that by doing this clash of ideas and civilizations values will happen in Pakistan which would eventually end this country and their long pending plan for its destruction. This aint a conspiracy theory but actually our agencies have raided such schools and seminaries where their own embassy officials were present doing these sort of activities in islamabad. That school is all girls school called FG model girls school n College F7 Islamabad opposite Jinnah Super Market. Since u may thing im some conspiracy theorist then let me be very candid with u. I know this because i live close by. By signing on that Bill the civilian leader zardari had practically agreed to slaughter our new generations and pervert their little minds. 50 million from that civilian AIDE also goes to our media channels through PEMRA since 2008. Have u observed that since 2008 Pakistani media had stopped America bashing but rather Voice of America type programs started appearing and to attract youth Geo started programs like ''Aalia ny Pakistan chor dia'', ''Wasu aur Main'' another channel ''Goras of Pakistan''. Strange music channels started appearing with with blunt naked Indian and American songs. On the other hand people like Hassan Nisar, Najam Sethi etc etc started to appear to question our national, religious ideologies and values, then Came Aman ki Asha etc etc. Films like Bol, Khuda K Lea started to appear under Geo's banner off course which used to be the highest recipient of that AIDE as being Pakistan's most viewed channel back then............This is the chronology of all those things, hence as a result national got frustrated, demoralized that she remains till this day and politicians took full advantage of such circumstances and destruction of masses by looting as much as they would.

2)if u think we r recovered, yr mistaken......we have lost way too much as a society to recover in such a short period of time. This new economic boom is just a single boon thrown towards a hungry desperate dog. Just to keep him alive for a few more days. Thats the reality. And u will see that in a few years down the line. We will never be able to pay this 8% interest on this 46 billion loan. BTW it isnt an investment rather a loan disguised as an investment. And Nawaz Sharif, a civilian leader as signed it with out ever arguing with Chinese.

I am going to disagree and i have mentioned the reasons before. Besides, i have posted with similar about dealing with the nations in the competitive economical world. It has included the example of Zardari too. It is above your quote within the same post.

That being said, only time will tell. Years after years Military assumed powers; the dark history of Bangladesh to the birth of TTP and the birth of MQM in 80's almost became extinct until resurrected by Military man which sets Pakistan backward especially in Karachi which happened to be the economical port of Pakistan at that time. As usual, democracy continues to revive the nation with hope while deem legitimatelly appropriate for the International investors. So-called reformative economy policy while using fund to bankroll the reformative economy policy to keep running is hardly the economy to begin with while funded-reformative economy policy tends to have the shortened expiry date naturally.

C

I am going to disagree and i have mentioned the reasons before. Besides, i have posted with similar about dealing with the nations in the competitive economical world. It has included the example of Zardari too. It is above your quote within the same post.

That being said, only time will tell. Years after years Military assumed powers; the dark history of Bangladesh to the birth of TTP and the birth of MQM in 80's almost became extinct until resurrected by Military man which sets Pakistan backward especially in Karachi which happened to be the economical port of Pakistan at that time. As usual, democracy continues to revive the nation with hope while deem legitimatelly appropriate for the International investors. So-called reformative economy policy while using fund to bankroll the reformative economy policy to keep running is hardly the economy to begin with while funded-reformative economy policy tends to have the shortened expiry date naturally.
That is why we r changing that, Gwadar is the key here.....Karachi and its people as well as their psyche are unsuitable to be trusted as Economic hub for the entire country. Its more of liability on rest of Pakistan rather then any real beneficial area and entity. u have got almost 22 million people who cant do anything against a few thousand MQM terrorists. This just shows how much really those people r trust worthy. While this cant happen nor would the people allow such a badmashi in Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Muzafarabad, Gilgit or even Quetta unless he is a baloch himself.
But in Karachi, the supposed capital of sindh province, outsiders either mahajirs, pathans, balochies or whatever rule.

Hence forth its not a credible, dignified place to be trusted for being an economic hub for whole of Pakistan.

Exactly jumping to conclusion India stand no chance is silly.. world can't ignore 1.3Billion population and a growing market.. as well from 40+ billion $ majority into power projects with sovereign guarantee.. pak not taking concrete steps towards growth.. rather fully dependent on one project..
buzz off kid, its our own internal matter, this debate has out nothing to do with u or yr kind.

CEO would do better job running the nation in economical world
one side of picture. it should be noted that an organization has totally opposite interests and goals when compared to a country`s. A ceo may well handle economic side of picture but there are lots of need to be considered when pursuing economic policy of a country.keep in mind that,irrespective of the fact that a ceo and a prime minister have more or less same duties to perform but a leader having support of its constituency has to take sometimes such decisions which a imposed person cant take due to the fact of its job nature activities.
As far as Zardari`s experience was concerned so it may be a one factor but whole thing was not due to this. other factors also played very important role mainly the 'focus on priorities and domestic as well as foreign outlook' played a very crucial role in demising of Pak economy other then the fact that Musharaf and its cohorts developed such a structure of economy which had to fall once they left.

Back
Top Bottom