What's new

Why Pakistan's Market Beats China's And India's

Yup that 5 year economic plan of Gen Ayub Khan. BTW democracy hasnt got anything to do with it. Pakistan was averaging @7.5% just 9 years ago and touched 8% in 2007 under Gen Musharaf. Gen Ayub and Gen Mushy both were armymen.

That was not Ayub Khan. That was generous funding of Arab worlds and USA to pump Pakistan running into stable economy nation. They had high hopes on Pakistan, but somewhere in the middle, the process got interrupted. Ayub Khan just happened to be there, although democratic leader would have done far better, and to the extent, the dark history of Bangladesh would have been prevented.

Under General Musharraf, That was something wasn't right mathematically considering there was hardly investments in Pakistan while claimed to have functioned as stable economy suggested it was the handsome funding that rolled Pakistan running. Overall, General Musharraf has done nothing noteworthy but only set the nation back with the birth of TTP under his ruling and allowing MQM [his favorite organization] to rule Karachi to ensure Karachi ended up in ruins.

Less said about General Zia, the better. In the history of military leader, the result has never been friendlier. Quite frankly, it makes sense why. They were men of discipline, not innovative nor businessmen. That's something Nawaz Sharif does offer despite his shaddy outlook. You need business-man in nature who can set the nation alright in term of economically.

its a positive development but its going to take decades for sectarian violence to settle, then your have the persecution of minorities, and how punjab wants the biggest cut out of everything, so resources are not shared equally. Then you have pakistanis who are educated with diplomas wanting to leave the country and go to the west due to poor opportunities, there is nothing in place to stop this from occurring.
the problem is that back in the 60s and 70s many of these things didn't exist. the 90s were a lost decade economically due to sanctions and now pakistan is putting all its eggs in this cpec project, china on the otherhand is investing in a bigger economic trade route which will pass via russia.

its a positive development but its going to take decades for sectarian violence to settle, then your have the persecution of minorities, and how punjab wants the biggest cut out of everything, so resources are not shared equally. Then you have pakistanis who are educated with diplomas wanting to leave the country and go to the west due to poor opportunities, there is nothing in place to stop this from occurring.
the problem is that back in the 60s and 70s many of these things didn't exist. the 90s were a lost decade economically due to sanctions and now pakistan is putting all its eggs in this cpec project, china on the otherhand is investing in a bigger economic trade route which will pass via russia.

Just little knowledge for you, the reason why Punjab wants biggest share is because Punjab hosts more than 50% Pakistan's population. So logically speaking if you host biggest chunk of the population you require biggest chunk of resource to feed those masses, doesn't it ?

Punjab would be more than welcome to share resource equally if population could be managed "EQUALLY".

Just little knowledge for you, the reason why Punjab wants biggest share is because Punjab hosts more than 50% Pakistan's population. So logically speaking if you host biggest chunk of the population you require biggest chunk of resource to feed those masses, doesn't it ?

Punjab would be more than welcome to share resource equally if population could be managed "EQUALLY".
bolochistan is almost like africa theres been no development there for decades. its about providing the basic rights and infastructure to the people of the country.

bolochistan is almost like africa theres been no development there for decades. its about providing the basic rights and infastructure to the people of the country.

Hence CPEC in Balochistan. As for the market, it makes sense to go with larger province. After all, Pakistan has to make some money in return which is what you call market; Lahore is bigger market to fetch. It is demand and supply. Punjab demands and Balochistan supply. It is win-win situation.

It is true, Baluchistan by land mass is the biggest province of Pakistan. We should focus our attention not only to develop Baluchistan but also other provinces that will help reduce urbanization and other parts of the country could be focused.

That was not Ayub Khan. That was generous funding of Arab worlds and USA to pump Pakistan running into stable economy nation. They had high hopes on Pakistan, but somewhere in the middle, the process got interrupted. Ayub Khan just happened to be there, although democratic leader would have done far better, and to the extent, the dark history of Bangladesh would have been prevented.

Under General Musharraf, That was something wasn't right mathematically considering there was hardly investments in Pakistan while claimed to have functioned as stable economy suggested it was the handsome funding that rolled Pakistan running. Overall, General Musharraf has done nothing noteworthy but only set the nation back with the birth of TTP under his ruling and allowing MQM [his favorite organization] to rule Karachi to ensure Karachi ended up in ruins.

Less said about General Zia, the better. In the history of military leader, the result has never been friendlier. Quite frankly, it makes sense why. They were men of discipline, not innovative nor businessmen. That's something Nawaz Sharif does offer despite his shaddy outlook. You need business-man in nature who can set the nation alright in term of economically.
Bhai jaan, let me assure u they were not arabs, yes America to some extent but America has only helped us for bare minimum. Arab world was actually poor back in the day, they got their rise in late 60s and 70s. It was actually the civil Democratic leader called Mujeeb ur Rehman the reason ''the process got interrupted'' as u wrote. Political stability is the key word here, specially after the death of Kennedy (what a great Friend of Pakistan he was) by this CIA-MOSSAD nexus through rouge jew CIA operatives he was eliminated. And then after our help for Arabian world in 1967 and 1973 wars America and Israel started plotting against us, America was like meri billi mujhe sy meow!!! Thats where the down fall started and that 71 killings also played its part in our international reputation too. Then by bringing Bhutto who nationalized everything and brought 'Quota system' then Zia CIA assured our down fall in nose dive position. This entire process fucked our R&D and industrial and manufacturing capabilities, Hence no real FDI and this is where these Japanese companies started to pour in and established monopoly that stays till today. In between sanctions also played a big part in it Which discouraged the western investors, and hence dented their technological inflow in civilian industry as well as military industry.

Thats how i look at it.

But in Mushy's times we did managed to attract the largest FDI till that time, and that is true because he did some economic reforms. That Shaukat Aziz was mastermind behind that.

no real indian presence here, not even of @Razia Sultana and @Acknowledge :rofl:

U kid know nothing about my country.

no real indian presence here, not even of @Razia Sultana and @Acknowledge :rofl:

U kid know nothing about my country.
The reason why I'm not here is because I don't consider stock markets as any sustainable indicator of economic growth.

Particularly in light of the fact that Nawaz Sharif making a law that ensures that money laundering and black money can be converted using Pakistani Stock exchanges.

Part of the Karachi exchange’s lightning growth is due to an unusual amnesty enacted in January 2012. The authorities declared that from that date, investors would be allowed to buy shares with no questions asked about where their money came from
http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/07/economist-explains-19

Good for you if you are invested in KSE, but Nawaz's above mentioned move hurts no one but the common Pakistani. I hope you can figure out 'how' this hurts the common Pakistani despite making the stock market boom.

For your future information - The things I do monitor :
1. GDP growth rate
2. Domestic Savings Rate
3. Trade

And someone was comparing Pakistan's economy with Bangladesh's and even suggested that Bangladesh will surpass Pakistan's in 1.5 decades @Razia Sultana @Acknowledge :rofl:
I still don't understand why Pakistan should get so much hurt being compared with Bangladesh? Bangladesh is not untouchable. They were part of Pakistan and are not even your enemy. For several years they had the best economic growth rate in South Asia. They taught the world the advantages of micro financing in emancipation of masses. Their achievements in exports and forex reseves are remarkable.
I wish Pakistan a good economic growth and will wait for you to tag me when Pakistan achieves the growth rate of Bangladesh. best wishes!

I still don't understand why Pakistan should get so much hurt being compared with Bangladesh? Bangladesh is not untouchable. They were part of Pakistan and are not even your enemy. For several years they had the best economic growth rate in South Asia. They taught the world the advantages of micro financing in emancipation of masses. Their achievements in exports and forex reseves are remarkable.
I wish Pakistan a good economic growth and will wait for you to tag me when Pakistan achieves the growth rate of Bangladesh. best wishes!
There are quite a lot parallels between India and Bangladeshi economy ...why don't you point out those first?

There are quite a lot parallels between India and Bangladeshi economy ...why don't you point out those first?
If there is a debate on such a topic, we would not like the truth to be hidden. We Indians are already envious of economic growth rate of Papua New Guinea. Indian govt. started to focus on micro financing after Bangladesh won Nobel Prize for economics. The good must be appreciated and emulated and not despised. But it reflects one thing that howsomuch you call Bangladeshis your brothers and sisters you have an inherent dislike for them and an unreasonable superiority complex.

The reason why I'm not here is because I don't consider stock markets as any sustainable indicator of economic growth.

Particularly in light of the fact that Nawaz Sharif making a law that ensures that money laundering and black money can be converted using Pakistani Stock exchanges.

Part of the Karachi exchange’s lightning growth is due to an unusual amnesty enacted in January 2012. The authorities declared that from that date, investors would be allowed to buy shares with no questions asked about where their money came from
http://www.economist.com/blogs/economist-explains/2013/07/economist-explains-19

Good for you if you are invested in KSE, but Nawaz's above mentioned move hurts no one but the common Pakistani. I hope you can figure out 'how' this hurts the common Pakistani despite making the stock market boom.

For your future information - The things I do monitor :
1. GDP growth rate
2. Domestic Savings Rate
3. Trade
im sorry but thats our own internal matter, that hasnt got anything to do with u or the fact that it negatively influences our economy. We arnt perfect i have said that but no one is perfect anyways. Thats even mentioned in this thread's OP too, about our vulnerability etc.

Look im no economic/commerce expert im jut a PhD student of IR. This isnt my subject or area of expertise, having said that the little that i know Stock Exchanges deal with stock market, shares and investment in share/stock market, that do play vital role in economy and economic indicators

Regarding what u consider and dont consider:lol: yr the same guy who was trying to prove to me 2 says ago that some bingo land is gonna surpass Pakistan's economy in 1.5 decades and they have surpassed us even in all social indicators even literacy rate! Do u even know that even after two days im still appalled by the fact that u guys r so ignorant abt my country that even had to compare us with a country like Bangladesh who doesnt even have an independent foreign policy to begin with.

Im sorry to say that our such fruitful discussion had to come at such a level that i have to say that u have lost credibility man because of this. Most of yr countrymen in this forum are trolls and blind nationalist radicals, after a long time i had a discussion with a person who backups his arguments with sources and tries to argue logically. Dont get me wrong i do have respect for u even as a newly recruit in the forum. But im still baffled that a man of yr caliber is still so ignorant about my Great country! Even an educated person like yrself not a mere RSS recruit, this level of ignorance i had expected from those radicals man where u have to even insult us to compare with Bangladesh?

Look man, i repeat im just a PhD student of international relations in his late 20s who lives in islamabad, im by no means an expert on either science n technology, economics, or engineering, my usual sources r by reading internet abt economics, newspapers and social media as guys mostly in my age do. But even a man of my low caliber knows enough where we stand in these 3 subjects as a country. I couldnt even provide u enough or should i say not a single source to backup my claims and arguments then other day, it was only when @Fallen King came up with sources and proved me and my points. This is the level of ignorance i have abt these subjects, since they arnt in my sphere of interests. My interests r in strategic, diplomacy and other IR related things. But u seem to be enough knowledgeable to know what what yr talking about,.

What still baffles me the most is that the level of lack of knowledge u have about my country that even yr ignorant about basics about these subject when it comes to my great Country called Pakistan whose forum member u r and on top of that interacting with its host members, who live in that country man!!!!

This is my sole motivation to be sharing threads about these economics and science for the past two days and always mentioning u and that @Razia Sultana, who to be honest just looks like a teenager from the quality of her posts, but u, u dont give such an impression, but u even lack any indepth knowledge abt CPEC(where this all started) too let alone other things which im trying to tell u by opening those threads.

Remember dude, we r kind of people who get what they want, be it anything......havnt u understood how a country like ours who had to go through series of sanctions, hardships, struggles still managed to become a nuclear power and that too fastest growing too according to west, who has even made such midget warheads that can be even launched from simple Rocket launcher RPGs? Or for the fact that its a country who is a constant throne in the back of a country with 1.2 billion population and 2 trillion economy???

Comparing us with Bangladesh, if is not an insult, then i dont know what that actually is.

Last edited:
im sorry but thats our own internal matter, that hasnt got anything to do with u or the fact that it negatively influences our economy. We arnt perfect i have said that but no one is perfect anyways. Thats even mentioned in this thread's OP too, about our vulnerability etc.

Look im no economic/commerce expert im jut a PhD student of IR. This isnt my subject or area of expertise, having said that the little that i know Stock Exchanges deal with stock market, shares and investment in share/stock market, that do play vital role in economy and economic indicators

Regarding what u consider and dont consider:lol: yr the same guy who was trying to prove to me 2 says ago that some bingo land is gonna surpass Pakistan's economy in 1.5 decades and they have surpassed us even in all social indicators even literacy rate! Do u even know that even after two days im still appalled by the fact that u guys r so ignorant abt my country that even had to compare us with a country like Bangladesh who doesnt even have n independent foreign policy to begin with.

Im sorry to say that our such fruitful discussion had to come at such a level that i have to say that u have lost credibility man. Most of yr countrymen in this forum are trolls and blind nationalist radicals, after a long time i had a discussion with a person who backups his arguments with sources and tries to argue logically. Dont get me wrong i do have respect for u even as a newly recruit in the forum. But im still baffled that a man of yr caliber is still so ignorant about my Great country! Even an educated person like yrself not a mere RSS recruit, this level of ignorance i had expected from those radicals man where u have to even insult us to compare with Bangladesh?

Look man, i repeat im just a PhD student of international relations in his late 20s who lives in islamabad, im by no means an expert on either science n technology, economics, or engineering, my usual sources r by reading internet abt economic, newspapers and social media as guys mostly in my age do. But even a man of my low caliber knows enough where we stand in these 3 subjects as a country. I couldnt even provide u enough or should i say not a single source to backup y claims and arguments, it was only when @Fallen King came up with sources and proved me and my points. This is the level of ignorance i have abt these subjects, since they arnt in my sphere of interests. My interests r in strategic, diplomacy and other IR related things. But u seem to be enough knowledgeable to know what what yr talking about,.

What still baffles me the most that the level of lack of knowledge u have about my country that even yr ignorant about basics about these subject when it comes to my great Country called Pakistan whose forum member u r and on top of that interacting with its host members, who live in that country man!!!!

This is my sole motivation to be sharing threads about these economics and science for the past two days and always mentioning u and that @Razia Sultana, who to be honest just looks like a teenager from the quality of her posts, but u, u dont give such an impression, but u even lack any indepth knowledge abt CPEC(where this all started) too let alone other which im trying to tell u by opening those threads.

Remember dude, we r kind of people who get what they want, be it anything......havnt u understood how a country like ours who had to go through series of sanctions, hardships, struggles still managed to become a nuclear power and that too fastest growing too according to west, who has even made such midget warheads that can be even launched from simple Rocket launcher RPGs? Or for the fact that its a country who is a constant throne in the back of a country with 1.2 billion population and 2 trillion economy???

Comparing us with Bangladesh if isnt an insult, then i dont know what that actually is.
I can see that my statement hurt you. I apologise. I did not mean to.
My troll statements are almost always in response to someone else's.

I am for the most part, just a follower of facts.

If there is a debate on such a topic, we would not like the truth to be hidden. We Indians are already envious of economic growth rate of Papua New Guinea. Indian govt. started to focus on micro financing after Bangladesh won Nobel Prize for economics. The good must be appreciated and emulated and not despised. But it reflects one thing that howsomuch you call Bangladeshis your brothers and sisters you have an inherent dislike for them and an unreasonable superiority complex.
:o::( How?

Back
Top Bottom