What's new

Why Pakistani think Indians as Baniya people ?

May be in Punjabi, but I am referring original meaning. Non-dharmic isn't a thing at all.... the closest thing to non-dharmic is Dasyu

Mlechha is person of Non-indian origin, especially white...
No it doesn't mean that at all. Where are you from? Mleccha now means anyone non desi. Originally it mean anyone not from Aryavarta.

kripya-yahan-gyan-na-baatein.jpg

I think the term existed in punjab as well before separation. These hindu merchants used to lend money on interest to people on their own terms.

I think the people who used to lend money were called perhaps "Seth" as even today when someone becomes rich (in terms of money not land) he is called "Seth" for fun sake. So in old times "Seth" was a term used for person possessing a lot of money.

It's due to the fact that anyone who is considered a "enemy" of Islam are given the stereotype of being sneaky and calculating. Just look at Jews, Muslims stereotype them as greedy, stingy and afraid to fight Muslims up front. Now they are doing it with Hindus by calling us baniya.

Its because baniyas , who are traders were very influential in Pakistan in pre-partition days. Most muslim borrowed loans from baniya who were rich and felt oppressed under them. This was especially true for sindh and parts of punjab.

During the partition movement, western authors have cited that one of the key reasons Sindh supported partition is because of the oppression the Muslims felt under the baniyas, and partition would make sure that they would no longer be under debt to Hindus who would be forced to leave after partition.

Looks like Hindu Baniyas were giving Pakistanis a hard time before partition :lol: .Now all these Hindu baniyas from Pakistan are sitting in Delhi :pissed:

There has a stereotype in Pakistan about India . That Indian people are mere Baniya people and so not so with fighting attitude.

But there are lots of 'martial races ' in India like Rajput,Jaat, Sikh, Ahir/Yadav , Gurjar, Maratha , Bhumihar etc. . I also find Brahmans doing all martial job equally good ,if not better, with all so called 'martial races'.

But I don't find mention of these castes in Pakistan's view of India. Why ?

It takes a lot more than being warlike to create an empire. Historically, the Indians that raised the biggest empires aren't the hyped Rajputs or Sikhs, but Indians from East India, Bihar area.

Read Red board especially ...

dehradoon-jcnp-2010-notices.jpg
I know this place. This is very famous Shiv Mandir on Dehradun Mussoorie Road. It was very near to my college in Dehradun and we used to go there often.

An unusual thing about this Mandir is that they don't accept any donations. In fact they have many boards prominently saying "kripya yahaan daan na dain"

If I call Pakistani as Mlechhas converted to Islam , it would sound funny and Pakistani got pissed .

But is it true ?

no really, why would I get pissed off
call me a Mlechhas converted to Islam now :)

Stereotypes are dime a dozen..they think/like to call Indians as Hindu Baniyas..as they think it something degrading..Here in India we have stereotypes about Pakistanis too..like all Pakistanis are terrorists ..which actually is degrading. ...Baniyas are just a sub cast in India who are predominantly traders...just like Mehsuds(a tribe) in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom