What's new

Why Pakistan should sign the Fissile Material Cut-off Treaty

I don't agree that just because no real reactors have been created (or perhaps established covertly without the knowledge of the world.) there wont be any in the future. Any talk on reducing Pakistans nukes hinges on whether India's will to do the same. If there have been no reactors in the India US deal which we should have tried to block then it does not mean there will be no reactors in the future or haven't been developed surreptitiously. Pakistan needs to play its cards well and maintain everything that contributes to the defense of the motherland.

What worries me most is that US has overtaken Russia as the biggest supplier of weapons to India in recent years while also signing a nuke deal with them while bemoaning our nukes and refusing to sign a similar deal with us being the traitors they actually are.

As for nukes no deal can be reached or nor can we begin no-proliferation until India also does not decide to go through this. The nukes also protect us from barbarian nations like the US, the only country to have used a nuke and that on a country with no nuke itself. A non-nuclear Pakistan does not look to me to be a good option-unless things change.

In Pakistan,

nukie toys is an emotional issue among juvinile boys

So there is no way one can have a sane discussion on this topic.

Hello!

Pakistan cannot develop power units using nuclear tech.
Making nuike bum is difficult for a country like Pakistan (more so due to the threat of sanctions and not the technologg)

But making power plants is a HUGE challenge. Only few countries in the world can build one.

heck Chinese went to US and bough the design for their 1000 MW units.. Why they could not scale up the Russian tech based 300 MW plants.

So please think rationally.

Thanks

Low Intelligence? Well Mr. High IQ. Be it your country, My Country or any Nuclear country in this world. Nukes are a Deterrent and are not a weapon to carry for war, unless it is used against you or is on the verge of being used against you. You don't have any adversary who has not signed a No First use Policy. India despite knowing you have not signed it, is pretty much a member of it.

Should you ever have a numerical advantage over conventional hostility, damn, you wouldn't even get to use the nukes. An Enemy would not be unprepared to let loose your nukes in the open.

Coming to all those strategic and tactical nukes. It is nothing more than to instill fear over advancing cavalry and a use of strategic and non strategic nukes would push the button for a nuclear war, and no country would every do that.

Again, you keep on wasting my time with your Juvenile BABBLE.

I have highlighted your flawed premise. You said that " Nukes are a Deterrent "..

MY GOOFY FRIEND , " NUKES ARE ONLY A DETERENT ", if the adversary knows that you plan on using them.

They are not a deterrent if you do not really intend to use them.

Again, These weapons are not decoration pieces and they will be used as a last resort weapon against an Enemy.

But then again, if it helps to sleep better, believe what you want to believe

Same Question to you a little amount of Nukes are enough for Russia then Why US has thousands of Nukes....!

So you want Pakistan to be the same nuclear weapons wise? Sure, if the economy can support such an arsenal, which is the case with USA.

Again, you keep on wasting my time with your Juvenile BABBLE.

I have highlighted your flawed premise. You said that " Nukes are a Deterrent "..

MY GOOFY FRIEND , " NUKES ARE ONLY A DETERENT ", if the adversary knows that you plan on using them.

They are not a deterrent if you do not really intend to use them.

Again, These weapons are not decoration pieces and they will be used as a last resort weapon against an Enemy.

But then again, if it helps to sleep better, believe what you want to believe

Lol.. Your Nukes dont give us a Nightmare and would probably never will. Remember we have No First use policy, we have Nuclear as a Deterrent only to be used if used upon us. We have it there officially and you have it unofficially. No country would used the nukes unless used upon them and since no country would keep that as a resort the chances of a nuclear war is thin and should such a war ever happen the humankind should find a better planet to rehabilitate itself and since we dont have a better planet to check into, the world powers would do everything to shut down such ideas at the very initial stage.

Iran signed the npt and it became a burden on them a cause for sanctions. also it is so funny usa does not even let anyone ask about israeli nukes. If you sign the smallest stuff they will be at your throat as well finding excuses sanctions and demanding for more as well until you are denuclearized and an easier unrisky target. Even if they lose conventionally they would have the nuclear option to use without a counter strike. Just take it with a grain of salt and go on with what you are doing.

When I read your comments........ many things come to mind....... none good........ be it engineering, be it policy, be it even food topics............ whatever the case, this is one place where you shouldn't comment and solidify everyone else's belief about your intellect........... forget a relevant engineering discipline - are you even an engineer (minimum requirement: Pakistani degree "lowest qualification")? No you are not. So I request you to kindly refrain from your usual rants on engineering subjects that involve policy decisions. It doesn't suit this website's "saakh".......

In Pakistan,

nukie toys is an emotional issue among juvinile boys

So there is no way one can have a sane discussion on this topic.

Hello!

Pakistan cannot develop power units using nuclear tech.
Making nuike bum is difficult for a country like Pakistan (more so due to the threat of sanctions and not the technologg)

But making power plants is a HUGE challenge. Only few countries in the world can build one.

heck Chinese went to US and bough the design for their 1000 MW units.. Why they could not scale up the Russian tech based 300 MW plants.

So please think rationally.

Thanks

As usual, toeing the Indian Foreign Office and State Department's official line. Get a personality, automaton.

So you want Pakistan to be the same nuclear weapons wise? Sure, if the economy can support such an arsenal, which is the case with USA.

When I read your comments........ many things come to mind....... none good........ be it engineering, be it policy, be it even food topics............ whatever the case, this is one place where you shouldn't comment and solidify everyone else's belief about your intellect........... forget a relevant engineering discipline - are you even an engineer (minimum requirement: Pakistani degree "lowest qualification")? No you are not. So I request you to kindly refrain from your usual rants on engineering subjects that involve policy decisions. It doesn't suit this website's "saakh".......

personal attacks do not suite a TTA.

Please read and respond point by point. that is if, you want to participate in dialogue.

Warm regards

You still didn't get the point, so what's the point in pointing out your follies...

personal attacks do not suite a TTA.

Please read and respond point by point. that is if, you want to participate in dialogue.

Warm regards

Why is Dawn trying so hard for the last few year to publish anything and everything that goes against Pakistan's national interest?

I think it is about beating Geo and Tribune in getting the biggest chunk of NGO aid.

Or what else could be the motivation?

It's good that they print such shit.... it increases awareness of general public and shows the politicians and generals, what they can and can't do.

Why is Dawn trying so hard for the last few year to publish anything and everything that goes against Pakistan's national interest?

I think it is about beating Geo and Tribune in getting the biggest chunk of NGO aid.

You still didn't get the point, so what's the point in pointing out your follies...

For your convenience I have numbered them (hope it helps, I am not trying to spoon feed)

1. Pakistan cannot develop power units using nuclear tech.
2. Making nuike bum is difficult for a country like Pakistan (more so due to the threat of sanctions and not the technologg)

3. heck Chinese went to US and bough the design for their 1000 MW units.. Why they could not scale up the Russian tech based 300 MW plants.

4. So please think rationally.

Most of the us posters here cannot digest these realities. this is why I said

--- nukie toys is an emotional issue among juvinile boys
--- So there is no way one can have a sane discussion on this topic.

No need to look for conspiracy theories.

It's good that they print such shit.... it increases awareness of general public and shows the politicians and generals, what they can and can't do.

Meri awareness toh nahi increase hui.....how about some personal one on one lessons? :P i'll pay, promise :D:D

[QUOTE="Hyperion, post: 7276912, member: 139959"]When I read your comments........ many things come to mind....... none good........ be it engineering, be it policy, be it even food topics............ whatever the case, this is one place where you shouldn't comment and solidify everyone else's belief about your intellect........... forget a relevant engineering discipline - are you even an engineer (minimum requirement: Pakistani degree "lowest qualification")? No you are not. So I request you to kindly refrain from your usual rants on engineering subjects that involve policy decisions. It doesn't suit this website's "saakh".......

As usual, toeing the Indian Foreign Office and State Department's official line. Get a personality, automaton.[/QUOTE]

Lmfaooooooooo this is exactly your reaction when you probably read my comments, but it's ok I am not hurt :lol::smitten:

This is total propaganda written by presstitutes not real journalists who get paid to write anti-Pakistan articles.
Sure. Then the "NATIONAL DEFENCE UNIVERSITY" which is in E-9 NEXT to the Air Headquarters and Naval Headquarters should fire her, clearly they are more balanced in their mindset than you will ever be in your entire existence. Typical knee jerk Pakistani mindset; type before thinking.

For your convenience I have numbered them (hope it helps, I am not trying to spoon feed)

1. Pakistan cannot develop power units using nuclear tech.
2. Making nuike bum is difficult for a country like Pakistan (more so due to the threat of sanctions and not the technologg)

3. heck Chinese went to US and bough the design for their 1000 MW units.. Why they could not scale up the Russian tech based 300 MW plants.

4. So please think rationally.

Most of the us posters here cannot digest these realities. this is why I said

--- nukie toys is an emotional issue among juvinile boys
--- So there is no way one can have a sane discussion on this topic.

No need to look for conspiracy theories.

There is, just point out the Juvies and we'll keep their raging hormones out of this thread.

The Article is built up on the narrative that signing the FMCT will have serious tangible benefits but so far the author has not been able to provide sufficient narrative for this proposal.

She states that
We stand to draw many benefits once our nuclear program becomes dormant. There will be a substantial amount of money saved annually once the FMCT goes into effect. Pakistan is estimated to have spent $2.2 billion on the nuclear program in 2011, up from $1.8 billion in 2010. This will be a start in the right direction. Perhaps that money can be spent on building some dams so the floods aren’t as bad as in 2010 when the monsoon season comes around next time. We are a nation whose last government printed more money than all previous governments combined, where people drown in now annual floods, where people die because of dengue, where the literacy rate is 58 per cent and where poverty is 31.7 per cent. That’s our reality. Let us take note.

Sure, $2.2 billion is a lot of funds that are useful elsewhere but are not funds that cannot be achieved simply by the economy improving by a few decimal place percent(as is already slowly in progress). In addition, the author has rightly pointed out that so far these treaties are generally biased and not fair to all nations in terms of ensuring their security
whilst securing the path to an eventual nuclear free world.

More so, the author seems to have also ignored that as such Pakistan already has enough fissile material in its stockpile for its goals and the annual billion or so is being spent on a mixture of delivery systems, security improvements for these installations and more dismally on procuring 20 million rupee SUVs for the top hierarchy of its strategic program.

Perhaps the author needs to focus less on just the less than tangible benefits of the FMCT and more on the benefits of curtailing corruption in what is a black hole for funds. Funds that are spent on many individuals she might even be rubbing shoulders with on an regular basis.

IF we do not make nukes..we are doomed with the enormous task of neutralizing nuclear plant waste which cost more than making nukes..so keep calm..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom