What's new

Why Orange County kindergartners are learning Vietnamese and English

DaiViet

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
See that not only Vietnamese food is being popularized the languge is getting a place in U.S. This contradict with many the idotic and moronic kpop worshipers think Vietnamese language is ugly. The re is no ugly language there is only language that no one use and or dying which in is case not Vietnamese. The strength of Vietnamese language compare to other Asian is the ease of learning, roman alphabets blends with french and tradition Vietnamese. Vietnamese just need to popularize their pop and entertainment culture which require economic growth.
-----------

DeMille is next to the largest business and cultural district for Vietnamese Americans outside of Vietnam. Moreover, Orange County boasts 300,000-plus Vietnamese Americans, making it the biggest Vietnamese expatriate community in the world — and home to former refugees who are now mayors, city council members — even a state senator.

Many local Asian leaders, in television interviews and at events around the county, lend their support to the dual-immersion track, in which students get half of their instruction in Vietnamese and half in English. The kids switch classrooms before lunchtime.

School officials plan to add an extra grade to the track each year, until a significant portion of students in kindergarten through sixth grade has the chance to study the Vietnamese language and culture.

Principal Shannon Villanueva championed the program: "I live in this community, and this is what I'd want for my own children. We talk about being 21st century learners, and this is exactly that."

No matter the language or lesson, the first month of school is crucial for setting classroom rules and adjusting to routines.

Why Orange County kindergartners are learning Vietnamese and English - LA Times

I hope soon they will use Vietnamese math textbook for these children. Math education in Vietnam is generally superior than in the US.

Westminster, long beach, Anahiem and Costa Mesa has a huge, very vibrant, well integrated and prosperous Vietnamese population. I had lot of vietnamese friends back in Huntington Beach....Westeminister is known for it's wonderful Pho, Ban mi, and Loc lac all around. it is no surprise Children are learning Vietnamese language .
See that not only Vietnamese food is being popularized the languge is getting a place in U.S. This contradict with many the idotic and moronic kpop worshipers think Vietnamese language is ugly. The re is no ugly language there is only language that no one use and or dying which in is case not Vietnamese. The strength of Vietnamese language compare to other Asian is the ease of learning, roman alphabets blends with french and tradition Vietnamese. Vietnamese just need to popularize their pop and entertainment culture which require economic growth.
-----------

DeMille is next to the largest business and cultural district for Vietnamese Americans outside of Vietnam. Moreover, Orange County boasts 300,000-plus Vietnamese Americans, making it the biggest Vietnamese expatriate community in the world — and home to former refugees who are now mayors, city council members — even a state senator.

Many local Asian leaders, in television interviews and at events around the county, lend their support to the dual-immersion track, in which students get half of their instruction in Vietnamese and half in English. The kids switch classrooms before lunchtime.

School officials plan to add an extra grade to the track each year, until a significant portion of students in kindergarten through sixth grade has the chance to study the Vietnamese language and culture.

Principal Shannon Villanueva championed the program: "I live in this community, and this is what I'd want for my own children. We talk about being 21st century learners, and this is exactly that."

No matter the language or lesson, the first month of school is crucial for setting classroom rules and adjusting to routines.

Why Orange County kindergartners are learning Vietnamese and English - LA Times

eck eck eck is sun wukong descendent language, expected. I dislike mandarin for it sounds. Cantonese sounds a lot better and softer. Listen to mandarin wreck my ears. At first I dislike Cantonese, after watching some Andy Lau movies It started sound more pleasant. The language better or worse up to how much that person listen it. Yet many idiots dont understand this simple concept, thats why they are idiot and low intelligent, their future will be washing dishes. That would include some stupid Viet oversea kpop worshipers.

Not sure about long beach, that is Khmer oversea's territory. Their town look like black town, crime rate sky high.
actually you are right, big cambodian population in central long beach, but quite a bit of Vietnamese towards bellflower and north LB.

"orange county" is native US name, why chinese didn't changed the name "nanjing" to the different name ?
I proposed change China town name to unit 731's test site. :partay: Nanjing is ok, unit 731 test site is cooler name.

actually you are right, big cambodian population in central long beach, but quite a bit of Vietnamese towards bellflower and north LB.
They must be Khmer Vietnamese or may have relation with Khmer. I once visited lowell where big Khmer community there, I see some percents are Viet but they dont look like Kinh to me.

Orange County hosts some of most nationalistic exile Vietnamese, hardcore communistic hater. the majority accepts the reality as it is. demonstrating for freedom and democracy today, and travelling to Vietnam tomorrow to visit the relatives.
oc-viets.jpg

:yahoo:

Overseas Vietnamese
will be exempt from visas for entering Vietnam, according to a new Government decision; instead they will be granted visa-free certificates valid for 5 years. The certificates will be handed out by either representative agencies in foreign countries or by the Ministry of Public Security’s Immigration Department.
Vietnamese people that hold foreign passports and foreigners who are their wives, husbands and children are allowed to enter Vietnam without visa for less than 90 days. In order to be granted visa exemption certificates at Vietnamese representative offices abroad, overseas Vietnamese need conditions:
* Foreign-issued permanent residence certificate (PRC) with the validity of at least six months since the date of entrance.
* Visa exemption paper (VEP) is granted by Vietnamese appropriate authorities
Those who expect to stay more than 90 days must apply for visa according to current stipulations before their entrance.

Please visit the official website: Trang chủ for information on how to get the visa exemption certificates.

Does that include those Han Chinese who were forced out of Vietnam?
If you can prove vietnamese root, e.i. vietnamese citizen, no matter of which ethnic group you belong to, you are eligible for visa exemption.

So if you are ethnic Han and became a vietnamese citizen. The answer is Yes. If you are PRC citizen, the answer is No.

Does that include those Han Chinese who were forced out of Vietnam?

such Cantonese turned back to their homeland voluntarly with delusion that Vietnam is collapsed under embargo of US and China. China is paradice country now, no need to go to Vietnam again. Good luck.

:yahoo:

Overseas Vietnamese
will be exempt from visas for entering Vietnam, according to a new Government decision; instead they will be granted visa-free certificates valid for 5 years. The certificates will be handed out by either representative agencies in foreign countries or by the Ministry of Public Security’s Immigration Department.
Vietnamese people that hold foreign passports and foreigners who are their wives, husbands and children are allowed to enter Vietnam without visa for less than 90 days. In order to be granted visa exemption certificates at Vietnamese representative offices abroad, overseas Vietnamese need conditions:
* Foreign-issued permanent residence certificate (PRC) with the validity of at least six months since the date of entrance.
* Visa exemption paper (VEP) is granted by Vietnamese appropriate authorities
Those who expect to stay more than 90 days must apply for visa according to current stipulations before their entrance.

Please visit the official website: Trang chủ for information on how to get the visa exemption certificates.
I dont like current government a bit. Vietnam belong to Vietnamese people regardless where they live. The moronic government think they own Vietnam so they have the right to grant us permission to come and live in Vietnam.

The freaking farmers VCP and their ancestors mostly farmers overthrown the imperial family now they made it like its their land. I feel sad for the Nguyen imperial line age living in france . Without their ancestor there would not be Southern Vietnam and now their descendant must ask permisson from those farmer for entry to go back Vietnam.

What kind of thoght is that. I dislike those notherners they are conversative and slow. No wonder with massive state budget inject into Hanoi, plus Hanoi allow to keep 48% of city budget, and yet Saigon southern out perform Hanoi in every ways. That freaking Hanoi never produce a single hero in an entire history of Vietnam.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom