What's new

Why does Pakistan name its weapons after people who invaded Pakistan and after Indian kings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foot12

Reaction score
Country
India
The following are some Pakistani weapons named after historical figures:
I am also curious about the case of Tipu Sultan, the famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of India.

Tipu's case is interesting because his legacy is inexplicably claimed by both India and Pakistan despite of the fact that Tipu only ruled in south India. While Pakistan has named several warships in its navy after Tipu Sultan.
India also commemorates Tipu Sultan, as seen in this commemorative stamp:
stock-photo-india-circa-a-stamp-printed-in-india-shows-image-of-tipu-sultan-circa-78479938.jpg

What is the basis for Pakistan claim on Tipu Sultan?

Now, looking at the list of these weapons and the individuals after whom they were named, one notices several things:

1) Not a single one of these individuals was born within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
2) None of them even spent most of their life within the territory of modern-day Pakistan.
3) None of them associated with the people or territory of modern-day Pakistan, except as a trophy of conquest.
4) All of them, with the exception of Khalid ibn al-Walid and Tipu Sultan, invaded the territory of modern-day Pakistan and defeated/killed/looted the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

Can you imagine if Greece were to name a weapon after Mehmet the Conqueror, or if Russia named a nuke after Batu Khan? It would seem quite preposterous, to say the least. But in Pakistan no one seems to see the irony of naming the country's most valuable defence assets - which are supposed to protect the country in case of foreign aggression - after people who themselves invaded and conquered the ancestors of modern-day Pakistanis.

famous tiger of Mysore and, in my opinion, one of the greatest kings in the history of South Ind
One thing is for sure: Tipu himself would be befuddled by both claims. He associated himself with Mysore, and nee around in his lifetime.

Well that's a good question even I've thought about it many times. Pakistani members please enlighten us :undecided:

it is discussed many times on PDF...well the title itself is very controversial ...in short they all are Muslims who defeated Hindus kings and non muslims so thats why we name weapons after them like Ghuari who defeated Prithvi raj i think

Last edited:
it is discussed many times on PDF...well the title itself is very controversial ...in short they all are Muslims who defeated Hindus kins and non muslims so thats why we name weapons after them like Ghuari who defeated Prithvi raj i think
Khalid ibn al Walid didn't defeat any Hindus.

You seem to be newly recruited keybord hindutva warrior, i hope your intention was not to troll.
On topic, the simple reason for naming our weapons after those people is: they are muslims, the majority of pakistanis don't give a damn sh!t to nationalism, unlike indians and others. The majority of pakistanis considers themself muslim first then anything else.

BTW why did you care about names of our weapons?

Because, Many Pakistani believe themselves as Arab Ancestor.
since when Ahmed shah Abdali,Shahabudeen Ghauri, Mehmud Ghaznavi, Tpu sultan...were arabs?

Khalid ibn al Walid didn't defeat any Hindus.
read my post again i said hindus and non muslims.... Hazrat Khalid bin Waleed was a companion of Prophet Muhammad SAW and General of Muslim army given the title of Sword of Allah... before he accepted Islam he once defeated Muslim army with his excellent tactics and planning..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom