What's new

why china is so corrupt, I want to tell my own story about corruption

itaskol

Reaction score
Country
China
I am a corrupt business man.
but sometimes in my view corruption has it own advantage.
Let me just give you a example happens last week.

I have a cargo which will ship to Germany.
but the customs inspected (standard inspection) my cargo and attached my goods because of suspect of false trademark.
in normal way you need at least a 15 day -30 days to get back my goods. and the consignee in germany ( the trademark owner must also provide evidence that they are the Mark owner) but it will take such long time.
in this case you will probably lose a client for future business because of delay. even the delay is not because of me.

but in china you can do it in different way.
you can pay the customs officer a little money to release your goods.
and they also release the goods at once after they get the money.
then everyone will be happy, including myself.( because it saved my future bussiness with this client)

sometimes, in my own view, little corruption is not that bad.
and I choose to keep to be a corrupt business man.

It is impossible to get rid of corruption.
and fighting corruption is harder than everyone can imagine

what I want to tell is not how corrupt china is
but I just want people know that corrupt way sometimes is also the more efficient way.

What if you're trying to smuggle cocaine into the country by bribing your custom officials? Saying a little corruption is good is like saying a little stealing is good because the victim is forced to buy a replacement, stimulating the economy.

What if you're trying to smuggle cocaine into the country by bribing your custom officials? Saying a little corruption is good is like saying a little stealing is good because the victim is forced to buy a replacement, stimulating the economy.
the problem is I am not a smuggler.
it is just very normal trading in name of my company.

but in standard normal way to solve problem take much LONGER time.
but sometimes some shipment are very urgent.
just dont have another choice.
and the time that I saved has more value than the "little" money I paid to the custom.( it is a sadly fact)

Three things that can change this Asian Disease:-
1) Overdose of technology in all spherese.
2) TAT based processes and accountability for action.
3) Super efficient courts

...but this is asking too much.

This is not corruption, this is the law of the land. Besides, government customs officers are the most corrupt. In Bangladesh even if your goods are all in perfect condition you have to give the custom official 'gift' otherwise they will find something wrong.

This is not corruption, this is the law of the land. Besides, government customs officers are the most corrupt. In Bangladesh even if your goods are all in perfect condition you have to give the custom official 'gift' otherwise they will find something wrong.

Law of a land?

That´s not a thing we must accept because one says that is a common practice.
Today Vietnam is corrupt, too. But luckily Vietnamese parliament has just enacted several laws to fight corruptions:

# senior government officals must disclose their private wealth regularily
# impeach/ remove corrupt and incompetent senior government officals from powers, including state president, prime minister and local government leaders (by 2/3 vote of confidence)
besides
# exact amount of fees to be paid by business people
# max times needed for dis/approval decision

Law of a land?

That´s not a thing we must accept because one says that is a common practice.
Today Vietnam is corrupt, too. But luckily Vietnamese parliament has just enacted several laws to fight corruptions:

# senior government officals must disclose their private wealth regularily
# impeach/ remove corrupt and incompetent senior government officals from powers, including state president, prime minister and local government leaders (by 2/3 vote of confidence)
besides
# exact amount of fees to be paid by business people
# max times needed for dis/approval decision
all this laws we also have in china.
but in practice thing are different.
1, most of customs officers are not high ranking officer.
2.# (exact amount of fees to be paid by business people) naja, officially yes
3.#max times needed for dis/approval decision ( in my case the max times needed is 1 month, it is too long)

all this laws we also have in china.
but in practice thing are different.
1, most of customs officers are not high ranking officer.
2.# (exact amount of fees to be paid by business people) naja, officially yes
3.#max times needed for dis/approval decision ( in my case the max times needed is 1 month, it is too long)

It is too long if taking one month for inspection. No doubt. The low ranking customs officers are the problem. Maybe they are low paid, and need some extra money? Raising the wages may help.

Anyway I wonder how China economy continues to raise export/import so quickly if corruption is widespread?

It is too long if taking one month for inspection. No doubt. The low ranking customs officers are the problem. Maybe they are low paid, and need some extra money? Raising the wages may help.

Anyway I wonder how China economy continues to raise export/import so quickly if corruption is widespread?

in my view : be efficient is more important than fighting corruption.

I am a corrupt business man.
but sometimes in my view corruption has it own advantage.
Let me just give you a example happens last week.

I have a cargo which will ship to Germany.
but the customs inspected (standard inspection) my cargo and attached my goods because of suspect of false trademark.
in normal way you need at least a 15 day -30 days to get back my goods. and the consignee in germany ( the trademark owner must also provide evidence that they are the Mark owner) but it will take such long time.
in this case you will probably lose a client for future business because of delay. even the delay is not because of me.

but in china you can do it in different way.
you can pay the customs officer a little money to release your goods.
and they also release the goods at once after they get the money.
then everyone will be happy, including myself.( because it saved my future bussiness with this client)

sometimes, in my own view, little corruption is not that bad.
and I choose to keep to be a corrupt business man.

It is impossible to get rid of corruption.
and fighting corruption is harder than everyone can imagine

what I want to tell is not how corrupt china is
but I just want people know that corrupt way sometimes is also the more efficient way.

First thing that comes to mind is, make sure your goods aren't being suspected of false trade mark. Now if they are or not original, you would know better.
If they arent and you have proof of this, it will be more efficient because you would not have to "grease" the customs officer.

if they want a gift irregardless of your goods' status, make some noise about it with your fellow businessmen. Together you have a better chance of standing up to corruption then you alone.

i personally would not want to pay bribes under any condition. i think it's almost the same as stealing. In other words, i'd try to find a proper way just out of spite to the corrupt customs official who preys on businessmen taking their money which he had not earned.

i personally would not want to pay bribes under any condition. i think it's almost the same as stealing. In other words, i'd try to find a proper way just out of spite to the corrupt customs official who preys on businessmen taking their money which he had not earned.
it is toooo risky, if I failed , they can put my company name on black list.
as a business man,what I seek is profit, not justice. and it is also important to keep a low profile

if pay bribes can solve problem easier, I will do it.

btw my client in european countires such like germany, will never thinking on pay bribes.
the customers officer in germany are sometimes also very unefficient, but no one dare to pay bribes to them.

Back
Top Bottom