What's new

Why British Left India

The UK govt responding to a plea to release documents on Bose stated it would not do so, unless the Indian govt granted commission....even then it would only do so in 2020. I am looking for it, so I can post.
In the meanwhile, check out this link
Government of India's secret files about Netaji Subhas Chanda Bose
Just 91 record were released out of 202...hmm thats not even half.
I hope when they finally release it there's no foul play and that there's complete transparency.But somehow i doubt if that would ever happen.

Just 91 record were released out of 202...hmm thats not even half.
I hope when they finally release it there's no foul play and that there's complete transparency.But somehow i doubt if that would ever happen.

I doubt it. Seems the gov't knew....and Congress (Mainly the Nehru and his family) wanted it to be secret so they could continue to rule India to the ground which they have. If there was transparency, it would have been released back then itself. Not sure if you noticed but towards the bottom, there was a para about the CIA declassifying a top secret note " stating how the INdian gov't had info he was in Siberia." Now, how many other documents are lying in other places? Maybe, the damage of foriegn relations has nothing to do with the UK but with the Russia. But what the govt is lying about is the main culprit.....Nehru and his family who decided not to pursue it and instead green lighted the Russians to keep doing what they were doing. What the Congress is trying to do, is simply classify this as long aa possible, so that is fades from Indian memories, so that their position, power and influence is not threatened. This is what I firmly believe.

As for the British decision not to release documents...here are two links...hope it helps

Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom