What's new

Who remembers Pakistan's 80s Music scene?

Awesome

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
I have all the nazia hassan's song & I also love vital sings

I'm much too young to have heard her during her prime days I'm from the Dil Dil Pakistan.

But yeah I've heard stuff. Sweeeeet voice. What is more amazing is their story, how they braved those times in Pakistan when this Mullah-giri was at its peak. Zia was in town and females appearing on TV had to be in Hijab.

And then there were these two child artists, Nazia and Zohaib Hassan (Sister and Brother) making the waves.

Mullahs were outraged, but by the time the two broke into the mainstream the two already had a following as child artists.

Even through the 90s, though Islam was not used to stop music, Musicians were seen as a threat by the corrupt politicians, since the 90s saw a lot of overseas Pakistanis coming back home and making their music. Mainly Junoon, who suffered the most bans for their several songs.

Pakistanis have a lot of talent for music. One just has to look to our golden age and the Ghazal/Kawali singers and the immense talent they brought to this field. And now when all restrictions been raised up, the scene completely exploded and we have so many singers and bands that one can't even keep track.

Here's another video song by Nazia Hassan:

[URL="

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom