What's new

Which Submarines should the RSNF go after?

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hej hej folks :smart:

I would like to hear your comments, suggestions, and recommendations on this topic. Presently, the Saudis may need to equip their navy with submarines, to protect their national interests, national secuirty, and to enhance their defense capability since the entire region is being turned upside down, it is imperative that the Saudis should SERIOUSLY consider re-launching their submarine-program - the whole project was called off in the later 80s for some reason - So what do you guys think?

I would like, expect my country to consider holding talks with the Germans to procure 6-8 U-boat T-214s.

Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP :bounce:

Type 216 would be great except that the German's are not open to TOT on such projects as opposed to French. If somehow Joint Production could be worked out between KSA and Germany, it would be a great deal.

That's what I am hoping for. Add the Leopard 2 tanks and we are more than good.

The T-216 hasn't been officially out yet.
The better for you,im sure it could become a joint venture.
Its based on the 214,just a bigger version.
Btw,after the experience gained from this one,you could make a start for the next indigenous sub.
The 6 T-214s will be the last subs we(Turkey) buy,the next will be indigenous.

Btw,after the experience gained from this one,you could make a start for the next indigenous sub.

Since Pakistan has built French Submarines, and Turkey has experience with German Subs, maybe some time in Future Turkey, KSA and Pakistan could build Subs as a JV. Pakistan is already building a NUCLEAR SUBMARINE, indigenously.

Since Pakistan has built French Submarines, maybe some time in Future Turkey, KSA and Pakistan could build Subs as a JV. Pakistan is already building a NUCLEAR SUBMARINE, indigenously.
Why maybe,for sure!
Pakistan and Turkey allways did and will work together,i believe Pakistan and KSA also work together for a long time.
The only combination left isTurkey with the KSA,and there is your economic/military ''Triangle''.
This could be seen as a roadmap in becoming independent in sophisticated military equipment which we currently buy of the shelf like Fighterjets,subs,Frigates,LHD/LPD,attack drones etc..
I mean 100% indigenous.
It should not be against any other countries/blocks,just realism,covering needs.

[MENTION=145565]Yzd Khalifa[/MENTION]

I don't have much of an interest in submarines. I do know the essentials of course as in the mines, torpedoes, cruise or ballistic missiles different variants are equipped with. I checked the specifications of the Type 216 presented here, & I agree with the other members that suggested that Saudi Arabia could procure it provided it meets their requirements.

Those who have an interest in submarines may want to check out the link below.

Inside the world's most advanced submarine

The North Carolina is 377 feet long and has a diameter of 34 feet. When submerged, it weighs 7,841 tons, and can do more than 25 knots at depths below 800 feet. The vessel can carry 38 weapons, including Mark 48 advanced capability torpedoes, Tomahawk cruise missiles, and mines, and it is also set up to carry batteries of special operations forces.

Thanks :smart: I guess we should go after either the T-214 or the T-216 - at least -

But the T-214TN will have %80 Turkish-made equipments. So in all and all, the Turkish version of the T-214 is more like of a local development which will certainly enhance your military machine.

Why aren't you developing your own submarine

Practically, everyone can, but the question will be how good these Saudi-bulit Subs will be? If you look at Iran's local subs, you will understand what I'm implying.

Hey buddy, thanks for sharing your thoughts with us :smart:

The North Caroline sub is one-of-a-kind but the US will never export it - even if it were conventional -

[MENTION=145565]Yzd Khalifa[/MENTION]

I don't have much of an interest in submarines. I do know the essentials of course as in the mines, torpedoes, cruise or ballistic missiles different variants are equipped with. I checked the specifications of the Type 216 presented here, & I agree with the other members that suggested that Saudi Arabia could procure it provided it meets their requirements.

Those who have an interest in submarines may want to check out the link below.

Inside the world's most advanced submarine

Hej hej folks :smart:

I would like to hear your comments, suggestions, and recommendations on this topic. Presently, the Saudis may need to equip their navy with submarines, to protect their national interests, national secuirty, and to enhance their defense capability since the entire region is being turned upside down, it is imperative that the Saudis should SERIOUSLY consider re-launching their submarine-program - the whole project was called off in the later 80s for some reason - So what do you guys think?

I would like, expect my country to consider holding talks with the Germans to procure 6-8 U-boat T-214s.

Looking forward to hearing from you ASAP :bounce:

Saudis including Oman, UAE, Libya, Algeria and Egypt has a great chance to join with Germans and French in order to produce some types of submarines in a JV like:
3000 tons SSKs
1500 tons SSKs
700 tons Coastal SSKs
110 tons Special Force Submarines (being carried and deployed by Ships)
Rescue Submarines (being carried and deployed by Ships)

The development of Turkey's military power will allow her and her two pillar allies to reduce their independence on other countries. So yes, I hear you.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Turkey may assist KSA in building a couple of
T-209s - for the time being - due to the remarkable efforts Turkey had shown over the years of operating and constructing them.

Why maybe,for sure!
Pakistan and Turkey allways did and will work together,i believe Pakistan and KSA also work together for a long time.
The only combination left isTurkey with the KSA,and there is your economic/military ''Triangle''.
This could be seen as a roadmap in becoming independent in sophisticated military equipment which we currently buy of the shelf like Fighterjets,subs,Frigates,LHD/LPD,attack drones etc..
I mean 100% indigenous.
It should not be against any other countries/blocks,just realism,covering needs.

The PN had had a lot of experiennce in this sense Prof so is the TN. I guess consulting these two great allies of ours is very important.

P.S Usually, the PN docks one of their subs in Jeddah sea-port. :cheesy:

Since Pakistan has built French Submarines, and Turkey has experience with German Subs, maybe some time in Future Turkey, KSA and Pakistan could build Subs as a JV. Pakistan is already building a NUCLEAR SUBMARINE, indigenously.

Back
Top Bottom