What's new

Which country is China's best/true friend?

So, the real friend for China is actually Russia.

China and Russia just share common interests.

In fact, Russia's sheer power is a danger in itself, regardless of their intentions. They are a fantastic partner when our interests align (which is most of the time), but they can also be a terrible potential enemy simply due to their raw power.

And you forgot to add....sweeter than honey.
I personally thank you for reminding me this:partay:. On a serious note China has got friends all over the map. Even China and India trade volume is 67 billion USD. I guess there is a lot to be learned from that....Specially for us. :ashamed:

I don't know, I just went by this article here:

Bhutto's foreign policy legacy - DAWN.COM

It was a missed opportunity. The Kashmir question might have been solved in that year in Pakistan's favour, if Ayub Khan had made the opposite decision.
They quickly realized that India will defend western border in 65, and ended up defending punjab. With a joint movement from pakistan, india would have focussed on punjab and sindh. PLA halted because they could not secure their supply route.
NE is difficult for us to move troops, punjab is right there.

Relations between India - Pakistan should improve, South Asia is for South Asian people chinese entering into S.Asia is not a good scenario.
They ask for something more than they deserve - Kashmir

so basically your take is
62 - oh we had that president who did whatever he thought like so does not really reflect what we would have liked
65 - ?
71 - frozen himalaya, too little time(15 days) ( I agree on this one)
99 - nobody knew what is going on for 6 months. (really?)

No my take is !

'62 - The El Presidente was told that an opportunity presented but he instead went back to bed leaving most of his aides & any sane man aghast !

'65 - What were we planning on receiving from them ? Out hardware was of American Origin !

And I do remember reading somewhere that Ayub talked to the Chinese at that time & they recommended a People's War instead incidentally like Akbar Khan is said to have had before !

'71 - FoOked !

'99 - Yes neither the Airchief nor the Naval Chief or most of the other Corp Commanders knew what was going on because in his brilliance Musharraf kept everything close to his chest !

I don't know, I just went by this article here:

Bhutto's foreign policy legacy - DAWN.COM

It was a missed opportunity. The Kashmir question might have been solved in that year in Pakistan's favour, if Ayub Khan had made the opposite decision.

The Kashmir question may have, arguably, been solved in '48 as well - Major General Akbar Khan is said to have tried to topple the Government in '51 because he along with many others deeply resented the Ceasefire that Pakistan's Political Leadership had accepted in '48 - They thought that they had the upper hand & should've prolonged it !

How true was their assessment is something I don't know !

I don't think it panned out like that but Ayub was an idiot so it might be possible !

At any rate if one read's the Shaba-Nama by Qudrut Ullah Shahab (a famous work by a well known career civil servant who worked with Ayub & his predecessors) he writes that on the eve of the 1962 War the Chinese Diplomat in Pakistan called him up & told him that we're about to do what you guys were about to do which means Kashmir would be significantly weak ! Shahab writes that that is all he needed to say & I hurried to the President (Ayub Khan) in the middle of the night & told him what the Chinese Diplomat had told us & do you know what Ayub's reply was 'You woke up at 3 in the morning to tell me this ?'

And he says that we all felt like smashing our heads against a wall or something after hearing that but he was the President !

Pakistan is not taking any Aid anymore !

But I never said Pakistan against the US or Japan - I said thats what the people of Pakistan would want !

In the '71 War the Passes were closed, in the '71 War whatever was happening in the Eastern Wing (East Pakistan) even the GHQ didn't know because Niazi was telling them tales of victory & what not whilst the idiot he was he was loosing territory !

In '99 even the Airforce & the Navy didn't know not even the rest of the Army so how can one expect another country to know what was happening ?

Lucky for us
we retained Kashmir bcauz of Ayub & won BD bcauz of Niazi
Either way your Navy was decimated
Your airforce was in no way capable of helping East Pakistan

Lucky for us
we retained Kashmir bcauz of Ayub & won BD bcauz of Niazi
Either way your Navy was decimated
Your airforce was in no way capable of helping East Pakistan

No Airforce or Army would've been able to defend their Territory a 1000 miles away from their nearest Base separated by Hostile Territory !

No my take is !

'62 - The El Presidente was told that an opportunity presented but he instead went back to bed leaving most of his aides & any sane man aghast !

'65 - What were we planning on receiving from them ? Out hardware was of American Origin !

And I do remember reading somewhere that Ayub talked to the Chinese at that time & they recommended a People's War instead incidentally like Akbar Khan is said to have had before !

'71 - FoOked !

'99 - Yes neither the Airchief nor the Naval Chief or most of the other Corp Commanders knew what was going on because in his brilliance Musharraf kept everything close to his chest !
looks like you have perfect excuse for each war, even kargil in which chinese found time to actually consel you against war.
Here is mine for next one...
china - india war
1. we are too busy fighting our own terror
2. we dont want nuke war with India, they are weirds definitely lob a few nukes at us before going up in smokes

India - pak war
1. They have to counter USA the big satan, so forgiven for not countering smaller one
2. we are martial we dont need help, thanks china for understanding that :chilli:

looks like you have perfect excuse for each war. Here is mine for next one...
china - india war
1. we are too busy fighting our own terror
2. we dont want nuke war with India, they are weirds definitely lob a few nukes at us before going up in smokes

India - pak war
1. They have to counter USA the big satan, so forgiven for not countering smaller one
2. we are martial we dont need help, thanks china for understanding that :chilli:

Explanations are Excuses only to the feeble of mind ! :whistle:

Or Trolls ! :kiss3:

We know that friendship is never a thing of eternal, so how about just focus on the current situation.
Pakistan maybe?

China's true friend was is & will be
Chinese Hard work bcauz if that you are what you are today :china:

No Airforce or Army would've been able to defend their Territory a 1000 miles away from their nearest Base separated by Hostile Territory !
well, most of your forces were concentrated in west knowing well that east need defending. I wonder why?
You were not expecting India to attack west pakistan, right? Should you not have moved some of your assets to east given that you chose the time of actual war.

Back
Top Bottom