What's new

Which Book are you reading

These are the books I'm currently reading. As is my habit, I'm reading several books at the same time:
  • Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA by Tim Wiener
  • Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1944-1956 by Anne Applebaum
  • Marco Polo: From Venice to Xanadu by Laurence Bergreen
  • Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America's Vietnam by Fredrik Logevall
  • The Fifties by David Halberstam

These are the books I'm currently reading. As is my habit, I'm reading several books at the same time:
  • Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA by Tim Wiener
  • Iron Curtain: The Crushing of Eastern Europe, 1944-1956 by Anne Applebaum
  • Marco Polo: From Venice to Xanadu by Laurence Bergreen
  • Embers of War: The Fall of an Empire and the Making of America's Vietnam by Fredrik Logevall
  • The Fifties by David Halberstam
I have read the first one. Great book still I won't rate it much higher as in my opinion author had bias against CIA.

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-28 at 11.45.34 AM.jpeg

"A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading."

William Styron

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-20 at 7.40.42 PM.jpeg

"That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet." Jhumpa Lahiri

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-24 at 10.06.24 PM.jpeg

"Some of these things are true and some of them lies. But they are all good stories."

Hilary Mantel, Wolf Hall

Today went to a second-hand book shop and purchased The Precipice by Ben Bova, the first in Bova's series of sci-fi stories about mining in the Asteroid Belt.

Incidentally there was a young lady who bought a hardback of Dune by Frank Herbert. Perhaps she was enthused by watching the trailer of the soon-to-be released film Dune 2021.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-31 at 4.11.18 PM (2).jpeg

Finally done reading this one. I must say it's a great read. And any one who wants to understand Afghanistan issue should read number of books including this one. This alone can you give a great perspective and understanding of Afghan issue.

WhatsApp Image 2021-07-31 at 4.11.18 PM (1).jpeg

Now starting this one. INSHALLAH hopefully would be able to complete it soon.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-07 at 10.05.06 PM.jpeg

Done reading Area 51 by Annie Jacobsen and now starting The Price of Paradise by Iain Overton. INSHALLAH hopefully would be able to complete it soon.

Anybody read Sadruddin Hashwani's memoir ?

Back
Top Bottom