What's new

Which Book are you reading

I'm have just ended The Indus Saga by Aitizaz Ehsan. A really mesmerising and interesting book. I would recommend it to everyone. I was surprised to feel that the book has so successfully explained the reasons for our comman perceptions and believes as a nation

Just got from a second-hand shop the wonderful science fiction book 'Mars' by Ben Bova. I have read it some years ago and found it nice. The book was published in 1992 and nicely captured some techniques for the exploration of Mars.

I actually wanted to purchase 'Mars Life' which is the third of the set by Ben Bova but this book wasn't available.

---

@ps3linux @Hamartia Antidote, have you read this set ?

Just got from a second-hand shop the wonderful science fiction book 'Mars' by Ben Bova. I have read it some years ago and found it nice. The book was published in 1992 and nicely captured some techniques for the exploration of Mars.

I actually wanted to purchase 'Mars Life' which is the third of the set by Ben Bova but this book wasn't available.

---

@ps3linux @Hamartia Antidote, have you read this set ?

nope. I see this page

WhatsApp Image 2021-04-25 at 11.11.47 AM.jpeg

Finally done reading Eating Grass by Brigadier Feroz Khan and now starting Rage by Bob Woodward.

If you like books about spies, I would recommend the following two books:
  • A Spy Among Friends: Kim Philby and the Great Betrayal by Ben MacIntyre: Kim Philby was not only a master dissembler, but a survivor. Due to class prejudice of the British intelligence service -- he was one of them -- they never suspected he was a Soviet spy.
  • An Impeccable Spy: Richard Sorge, Stalin’s Master Agent by Owen Matthews: Victor Serge was the closest thing there was to James Bond: a flamboyant, narcissistic, womanizer -- yet utterly charming and an immensely successful spy. He established a spy network that reached deep into the Japanese government and military. It was Serge who notified the Soviet Union of Germany's pending invasion in 1941.
And if you like spy novels, no one is better -- and more cynical -- than John Le Carre.

Last edited:
I have read many of his novels but not this one. Definitely, on my list. Thanks!

From the Wikipedia page for it :
Literary significance and criticism

Matthew Bruccoli calls it "the book that is and may always be Le Carré's masterpiece".[2] Philip Roth said it was "the best English novel since the war".[2][6][7][8][9] David Denby, writing in 2014, agreed with Roth's view
I don't know if it is the best, there may be others ( like the Dune series by Frank Herbert ), but it was good for me.

1621504968662.png

Not reading them yet but bought these in my latest trip to a bookstore.

E2JComXWQAIgPad.jpg

"Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people – people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book." E.B. White

Back
Top Bottom