What's new

Where is the ``Alerts`` drop-down menu

nah, not that much JS for such a platform.....

i use a p4 machine, with horrors of horrors, mint linux, which must be slowest and crashiest os ever... and pdf is quite slow on my machine... many times i have to restart the machine... and compulsorily, if a page has more than two embedded video frames ( youtube, fakebook ).

i think pdf should look to having one site theme which should work fast on the slowest available machine.

so despite me not being that familiar with current website design, i would still say the forum should replace javascript with flash completely... flash has its scripting ( actionscript ), and flash visuals are faster than anything involving js... there are flash video websites which work when js is disabled.

I also have the same problem.

choose "default style"... it works for me.

Dude, get a new system - that is ancient, even by 'slowest' standards! :D

i use a p4 machine, with horrors of horrors, mint linux, which must be slowest and crashiest os ever... and pdf is quite slow on my machine... many times i have to restart the machine... and compulsorily, if a page has more than two embedded video frames ( youtube, fakebook ).

i think pdf should look to having one site theme which should work fast on the slowest available machine.

so despite me not being that familiar with current website design, i would still say the forum should replace javascript with flash completely... flash has its scripting ( actionscript ), and flash visuals are faster than anything involving js... there are flash video websites which work when js is disabled.

How??

this new UI sucks...and yes,alert is gone,now I've to go to my profile and have to open a new page to check alert. :hitwall:

why so much UI change in PDF recently??did they learn this from FB?? :lol:

go to left-bottom of any page... there should be a text declaring the current style for you... one of three, "d pk" or "d pk v2" or "default style"... click on it and select your preferred style... i use "default style" ( xenforo )... it is the fastest for my slow linux os, but it is somewhat minimal, but it has no problem with alerts menu.

go to left-bottom of any page... there should be a text declaring the current style for you... one of three, "d pk" or "d pk v2" or "default style"... click on it and select your preferred style... i use "default style" ( xenforo )... it is the fastest for my slow linux os, but it is somewhat minimal, but it has no problem with alerts menu.
that fixed it ! :D

Thx man but after that this has happend is it PDF website? it says xenForo instead of Pakistan Defense.

PDF Default style.jpg

Thx man but after that this has happend is it PDF website? it says xenForo instead of Pakistan Defense.

View attachment 175442

as far as i know, the name of the style is xenforo, and either webmaster has been lazy and didn't change the setting for the banner ( "xenforo" to "pakistan defence" ), or xenforo style doesn't allow the change.

but why the vertical lines on your screenshot?? monitor problem??

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom