What's new

Whatever

Hi Everyone. I want to keep it short and crispy. I am travelling to India because of some project assignment. Would like to know few things. I am going to stay in Gurgaon as my workplace is there. What are the few things to follow ? good place to visit ? how is the climate there ? How to greet people in India ? What all to avoid there ? I know a bit urdu and can speak broken hindi or urdu. About food and other stuff ?

Welcome, welcome always good to see another Swede - even those not native to the homeland:cheers:.

A friendly heads-up, here's the member's introduction thread:

Members Introduction

You should have enough user rights to start a thread there, considering most people in that subsection have less than 100 posts.

Hi Everyone. I want to keep it short and crispy. I am travelling to India because of some project assignment. Would like to know few things. I am going to stay in Gurgaon as my workplace is there. What are the few things to follow ? good place to visit ? how is the climate there ? How to greet people in India ? What all to avoid there ? I know a bit urdu and can speak broken hindi or urdu. About food and other stuff ?
if you are from pakistan, I dont think you will have much issue.. many pakistani travellers say its not a culture shock for them to visit north India..
please visit delhi/agra/jaipur because they are relatively near to you. Visit indiamike website for travel related info specific to India, the community can give you much better info.

Don't get raped. Don't listen to strange men. Don't get into their vehicles. Avoid smelly idol worshiping events, and most of all stick to your group. You are nothing special. Women from the world over have been taken advantage of and raped in India. Keep pepper spray on you. Most decent Pakistani women will never travel to India, but I am guessing your father is an angrez.

My friendly advice dont visit... if you have to (as in you got no choice).... be extra careful.. and dont travel alone .. specially at night... dont trust indians.. and so on..

Take care.

welcome to india... i will be sincere.

gurgaon is among the worst places in india for female security... the new film, "nh-10" ( starring anushka sharma ) is set there... see if you can watch it or at least read about it.

though i live in south india, i will say that language should be no barrier to you as english is understood by most... and your urdu, however little, will be easily understood in gurgaon ( and delhi area ) because of predominance of punjabi, urdu and hindi.

ensure that your contract company provides you trusted transporation and you travel with female colleagues... keep someone updated in your day travel.

food would be no problem for you, though i dare say that vegetarian food would be more available in gurgaon than mutton ( or beef !!! )... if you going to mc donalds or pizza corner or any such place, please ask the counter if it is halal meat.

greeting people is best hello, or even salaam... i generally greet people with a two-hands shake, muslim-style.

climate is presently hot and humid in gurgaon, i believe... carry an umbrella, if you want, for shade.

i suppose delhi will be the place to visit.

@levina any suggestions for the lady??

by the way, what is the field you are coming here for??

My friendly advice dont visit... if you have to (as in you got no choice).... be extra careful.. and dont travel alone .. specially at night... dont trust indians.. and so on..

Take care.

I think he's/she's Indian false ID, but If she goes that ho gonna get raped sideways.

Don't get raped. Don't listen to strange men. Don't get into their vehicles. Avoid smelly idol worshiping events, and most of all stick to your group. You are nothing special. Women from the world over have been taken advantage of and raped in India. Keep pepper spray on you. Most decent Pakistani women will never travel to India, but I am guessing your father is an angrez.

way to go gent... :tdown:

you should clean up your post... it is not helping anyone.

You are no one to question me or my family.I just aksed for opinions but honestly am I going to get people like you. If yes then I am scared.

Dear, I am not Indian, and I would never look at you twice. I am Pakistani.

To be honest i wouldnt want any woman.. specially of Pak origin travelling to india.. due to the "epidemic"/assaults of foriegn women (aswell as their own).

To be honest i wouldnt want any woman.. specially of Pak origin travelling to india.. due to the "epidemic"/assaults of foriegn women (aswell as their own).

No you should support her trip. Before long she will be covered in Holi colors and explaining how it was her fault for being raped by dotheads, Whatever nigga

No you should support her trip. Before long she will be covered in Holi colors and explaining how it was her fault for being raped by dotheads, Whatever nigga

learn to respect women...

Heena u r welcome to India. U can take the help of some Indian PDF members who stay in Gurgaon, @Jaat Rock ,@jarves. Please don't listen to these MFck like dessert fighter & nawaba

Shows your upbringing.. your mama must be proud.. coming from a country where politicians ask you guys to rape dead muslim women.. rape is the girls fault.. beti bacha aur non muslim baho lao ... im not surprised.

Chilax bro.. what i meant was that they eat fukin alot..:D
What about this one?

ur l.jpg

Thanks. I can speak little bit of hindi and urdu but I can make someone understand. I got scholarship and going to do internship to learn about VLSI. Company is good and this added experience will help me in future.I have two more friends but they are going to a different state in India.

vlsi is more or less my field too... i have been designing a clock-less processor since 2008... there is another member, donatello ( **** ), who's in the same field... i am a engineer but a designer.

english will do fine for restaurants, shops, malls, cinema houses, taxi companies etc... i suppose with local police and with auto rickshaw drivers and the like, you will need to unleash your broken hindi/urdu. :D

if your friends are coming to south india, i can make some suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom