What's new

What have you done for New Year's Day?

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Last edited:
Actually nothing big. The day started as any other. Basically I have been preparing for my exam that will take place tomorrow (2 January) and from 22.00 until 03.00 I spent the time with the international students here in Copenhagen, mostly Muslim ones. Nothing wild. Some of the non-Muslims were drinking a little bit of alcohol but nothing outrageous. I obviously declined politely but had a little bit of fun nevertheless. We also watched the firework in action in the center and met some other students from across the world that we had never met.

Other than that I was wishing relatives and friends back home a happy new year and I talked with my parents and some of my siblings for about 30 minutes and with my dear grandfather and grandmother for 10 minutes.

Now it's 03.49 am here and I am about to sleep but I will maybe do some reading before I go to sleep although it is very doubtful.

So nothing wild but not that bad either. The only thing that annoys me is the exam I have to think about constantly. I just don't understand why the exam needs to take place at 10.00 am the 2 of January!

Well, obviously celebrating New Years Eve is a bigger thing here in Copenhagen/West than back home.

Many people have gone crazy/wild in the streets and the nightclubs/bars.:D

At least the weather is/was not that cold. 6 ° is not bad for this city in this time of the year.

Last edited:
Would love to say I did something exciting today, but I didn't :lol: Basically just been chillaxin for the most part. Plan to ring in the new year and watch the ball drop at Times Square (I'm EST time) with few good friends, some good food, and drink. :dance3:

Happy New Year to you and yours @Hazzy997 & everyone else :partay:

My Schedule for today, and tomorrow:
I am currently watching Iranian movies, some TV-shows(VOA persian-Last Page), chatting with friends :) , and writing my paper :( , and some studying for preparing for the next semester :(
Basically, Nothing Special :)

That does not sound bad at all @KAL-EL @rmi5 A Happy New Year to both of you and your loved ones.

@ResurgentIran

Also to you since you are probably in Denmark too, maybe even Copenhagen, LOL. Who knows what you are up to?:D

Thank you @al-Hasani !! Wishing you and your loved ones a very healthy and prosperous 2014.

Actually nothing big. The day started as any other. Basically I have been preparing for my exam that will take place tomorrow (2 January) and from 22.00 until 03.00 I spent the time with the international students here in Copenhagen, mostly Muslim ones. Nothing wild. Some of the non-Muslims were drinking a little bit of alcohol but nothing outrageous. I obviously declined politely but had a little bit of fun nevertheless. We also watched the firework in action in the center and met some other students from across the world that we had never met.

Other than that I was wishing relatives and friends back home a happy new year and I talked with my parents and some of my siblings for about 30 minutes and with my dear grandfather and grandmother for 10 minutes.

Now it's 03.49 am here and I am about to sleep but I will maybe do some reading before I go to sleep although it is very doubtful.

So nothing wild but not that bad either. The only thing that annoys me is the exam I have to think about constantly. I just don't understand why the exam needs to take place at 10.00 am the 2 of January!

Well, obviously celebrating New Years Eve is a bigger thing here in Copenhagen/West than back home.

Many people have gone crazy/wild in the streets and the nightclubs/bars.:D

At least the weather is/was not that cold. 6 ° is not bad for this city in this time of the year.

Hehe, yes we have this craziness to and I dont care for it...:D

It's nothing special anyway...only for desperate people in needy of easy girls. :lol:

Good luck on your exam and for me best way to do well is to read on time and stay very relaxed maybe an hour an day and practice problems every day for an hour.

Would love to say I did something exciting today, but I didn't :lol: Basically just been chillaxin for the most part. Plan to ring in the new year and watch the ball drop at Times Square (I'm EST time) with few good friends, some good food, and drink. :dance3:

Happy New Year to you and yours @Hazzy997 & everyone else :partay:

Happy new year to you too...:)

And tomorrow probably will watch the game everyone is talking about...:D

My state team....:D

Going up to someone's place for it all gay arab guys...:lol:

My Schedule for today, and tomorrow:
I am currently watching Iranian movies, some TV-shows(VOA persian-Last Page), chatting with friends :) , and writing my paper :( , and some studying for preparing for the next semester :(
Basically, Nothing Special :)

I will start preparing stuff for next semester in a couple days...:)

Tomorrow will be final free day then off to more courses and getting braces in a few weeks..:D

That does not sound bad at all @KAL-EL @rmi5 A Happy New Year to both of you and your loved ones.

@ResurgentIran

Also to you since you are probably in Denmark too, maybe even Copenhagen, LOL. Who knows what you are up to?:D

He's looking for gooood wife....:omghaha:

On a serious note...you two should get together and hang out...:kiss3:

Last edited:
Thank you all guys for your kind words.

@Hazzy997 chemical engineering is hard and more than often I need to study at least for 2 hours a day. Since I can have a issue with discipline/being lazy I sometimes need to make up for it by studying many hours for some days. Not healthy I know and I have to work on changing this and be better when it comes to planning my way of studying. The university that I am attending here in Copenhagen is among the best institutions for engineering worldwide so it makes it only more difficult although your life as a student is more relaxed here than in the US for instance. But not necessarily any easier when it comes to the actual study. There is less competition though and people seem more relaxed likewise the professors. I like this. It is not that strict and very open. This is typical for the Scandinavian and Danish view of education.

Regarding the wild things then the Danish people are among the heaviest drinkers in the world and Copenhagen has among the most bars/nightclubs of any city per capita.

Copenhagen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the good thing is that people here respect your choices and the fact that you don't drink alcohol. But who said that you can't be social or have fun without it?:D

150.000 Muslims live in the city and also 7.000 Jews or so and everyone is doing fine. Mosques, churches, temples and synagogues not too not far from each other and with few problems.

It is very different to KSA, the Arab world and the Middle East in general. But this is expected so I am not trying to change anything. I just try to take the good things from both cultures.

Forgive me for my essays.:lol:

Last edited:
He he... @al-Hasani

I'm almost going into a bachelors pre pharmacy program...health sciences probably then transferring to another university for the pharmacy school.

This will take me about 5-6 more years if I take summer courses as well which I will be doing.

Can't wait to be able to have my own life, help people needy, use my own money for my own purposes, get married and raise a family.

Exciting future ahead....

Unless WW3 takes place soon...:D :lol:

@Hazzy997

It sounds like a very boring cliché but if you really want to achieve something then having a interested in your field of study makes a world of difference when you hit a jumpy road or more along your journey which every student does at some point where everything looks like a catastrophe - been there done that.

Most importantly you need to work hard and more hard. Discipline is something really important you strike me as that kind of person so you should have no problem with this.

Anyway all the best of look with your studies brother.
You are right. Looking forward to the exact same things. Getting married too. Believe it or not.

Anyway now I really need to go to bed. Can't see the letters on my laptop clearly anymore. In short then I am very sleepy.:D

Very interesting that many of us here are fellow students. I still have 3 weeks of winter break until my spring semester starts :raise:

Back
Top Bottom