What's new

What does being a liberal mean?

not a freethinker when it comes to quran if thats what you are asking.

but i might disagree with the interpretations done by different sects

Great. So I can take from above is that you are in full agreement with Quran and all laws that are set therein as per your own understanding of them?

Have you fully read the translation yet?

Ignore sects. I don't believe in sects myself.

And Allah says that Libertines (translation: freethinkers in matters of religion) are unbelievers. I can quote if required.

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary:
Definition of liberal

1. 1a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts <liberal education>b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth

2. 2a : marked by generosity : openhanded <a liberal giver>b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way <a liberal meal>c : ample, full

3. 3obsolete : lacking moral restraint : licentious

4. 4: not literal or strict : loose <a liberal translation>

5. 5: broad-minded; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms

6. 6a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalismb capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives
liberally
play\ˈli-b(ə-)rə-lē\ adverb
liberalness
noun

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/liberal

I believe the 5th definition is the correct.

Liberal means someone who is against the orthodoxy.

yes

i have read about 10 para but i haven't finished the translation of the whole quran yet.

How would you feel if those laws that you understand are breached in your house that you are head of?

How would you feel if those laws that you understand are breached in your house that you are head of?
i will try to convince(not force) them to stop doing it after that my job is done everyone is responsible for his own akhret

check youtube, hours of it..

here's a funny one:

whole thing organized by taqyiah expert and muslim brotherhood frontwoman, Linda Sarsour.

Not really. All of this is more hype than any substance. Fail.

i will try to convince(not force) them to stop doing it after that my job is done everyone is responsible for his own akhret

You would allow these breaches to continue in your domain, even after the talks? No further action of any kind?

The problem arises how one defines this "domain". The zealots simply do not see any space for allowing any vision other than their own globally. Where is the rest of humanity to go? Accepting diversity is the key.

Being a liberal means

1. You do not believe nonsense fairy tales coming out of middle east.
  2. Do not believe everything you hear and see without a factual and rational analysis.
  3. Do a rational and common sense analysis on everything before acting on it.
  4. Put your country and self interests first with in ethical means rather than falling for sentiments and emotions.

The problem arises how one defines this "domain". The zealots simply do not see any space for allowing any vision other than their own globally. Where is the rest of humanity to go? Accepting diversity is the key.

Domain: His house where he, his wife and children (his dependants) reside and he pays for it all

Being a Muslim, would you be accepting of your child converting to Hinduism and starts doing monkey pooja in his bedroom?

Being a liberal means

1. You do not believe nonsense fairy tales coming out of middle east.
  2. Do not believe everything you hear and see without a factual and rational analysis.
  3. Do a rational and common sense analysis on everything before acting on it.
  4. Put your country and self interests first with in ethical means rather than falling for sentiments and emotions.

Are you one?

Domain: His house where he, his wife and children (his dependants) reside and he pays for it all

Then from whence comes this desire to control what others do as part of social life?

Back
Top Bottom