What's new

What does being a liberal mean?

Clueless are preaching Religion they themselves don't understand and when asked to explain they come up with this gem "Islam has boundaries...liberalism doesn't.

Liberalism= liberty and equality for all

Islam=Beloved Prophet Muhammad, may the mercy and blessings of God be upon him

All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action.

In the same sermon he warns us of the Devil

Beware of Satan, for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things

Read Quran (or a good translation) without a liberal mindset or any mindset for that matter and then reflect! You do not need me or anyone else (movlis, sheikhs, scholars etc) to explain anything, try using your own mind to comprehend what our Creator is saying to us. Start with that. A lot of your misconceptions above will be cleared by Allah. Go to the source.

btw who gave u this positive rating?

No idea who and when!

It is quite ironic that, when questioned, going to the Quran as the primary source is encouraged, but when it comes to enforcing harsh punishments and restrictions, people whip out poorly supported ahadith that have no corroboration from the primary source.

It is quite ironic that, when questioned, going to the Quran as the primary source is encouraged, but when it comes to enforcing harsh punishments and restrictions, people whip out poorly supported ahadith that have no corroboration from the primary source.

Then just follow what's in the Quran to begin with.

You keep quoting life of Prophet S.A.W and him being liberal, is that all in the Quran or is your source of him being liberal in collaboration with the Quran. If yes, kindly provide references from Quran.

there r 4 types of ahadeeth : sahih (99.9%-100%)correct , hasan (very strong) hadith , daeef ( weak hadith) and mawdoo ( lie hadith )

"And bear thou patiently what they say, and forsake them graciously. Leave Me to those who cry lies, ..."

I just picked up Quran and read this 2 pages from where I'd left off ... I'm out, enjoy your liberalism.

"And bear thou patiently what they say, and forsake them graciously. Leave Me to those who cry lies, ..."

I just picked up Quran and read this 2 pages from where I'd left off ... I'm out, enjoy your liberalism.
akele chor na jaao mujhe aye saathi...warna inpar mein akela ghalib ho jaonga

thyen y the hell use the word liberal?/ kia liberal word use kiye baghair hum oxygen andar nai lesakte?? its a dual faced styrategy of liberals to talk according to situation dear sir

liberal means accepting others views and trying out them in some cases which Our Respected prophet Muhammad S.A never did....he allowed others to practice their religion and thats a rule in islam not "a liberal view"..if u think that being liberal only will allow u to let others practice their faith then u r degrading islam in a sense that u r portraying islam as if it doesnt allow us to let others peacefully practice

free to chose our own decisions ?? i have seen 99% ;liberals at the age of 17 above then start saying my life my rulz , who r parents to make decisions while apko bara kia maa baap ne qurbanian den aur ap unke paison par palay ho..then gustakhian by saying ma life ma rullzzz

chaa gaye oscar bhai..exactly the liberalism of original definition they r talking abt is very different from what we see today,,,today's liberalism is more of the pre islamic times liberalism in which every thing bad happened...
As I mentioned earlier
There is no such thing as today's made up ideaological blocs of liberal or conservative for muslims

There is only a middle path
Preserving the concrete teachings of the quran and then being liberal in using logic and correlation to tackle whatever issues life and society sends our way

From a purely religious perspective
There is no more liberal in accepting differences in culture and ideals whilst ensuring a high standard of moral evaluation for a greater period of history than Islam

No need to waste time on the many "shah se ziada shah ke wafadar" on this thread

No need to waste time on the many "shah se ziada shah ke wafadar" on this thread
sorry if some one came to you like that.as far as i remember no one being shah se ziada shah ke wafadar on this thread. from what i have read here everyone wants the tolerant and peaceful environment in a country where you are killed just on the bases of your sect.when i and many other members used the word liberal here we never meant those SJW leftist extremists you see in the west today.we were taking our inspirations from the likes of nelson Mandela not some crazy third gen feminist.
thats the reason i wrote this article to clear the difference between real and fake liberal.we who genuinely want change this country into a better one are often confused with those fanatics just because they use the same tag as we do

Bro the mind of people of that is different from now.
Now people's think they know everything and what they know is right.this is the problem yar.
For some sufism is a taboo.
Haji shariat ullah brought wahabism from arabia to sub continent in 1818

This is part of the point I was making, someone needs to come out and tell people to actually follow the Quran and Hadith instead of 'pretending' to follow this foreign fundamentalist version that's seeped into Pakistan.

For instance, lets take Mumtaz Qadri; a man who violated national law, the Quran, and broke his oath to protect the governor. How did these people react? They built a shrine (which is against Islamic teachings), and had nationwide protests against his sentencing. The fact that they have had to double the capacity of the shrine because so many people want to visit speaks volumes about how ingrained this mindset is.

sorry if some one came to you like that.as far as i remember no one being shah se ziada shah ke wafadar on this thread. from what i have read here everyone wants the tolerant and peaceful environment in a country where you are killed just on the bases of your sect.when i and many other members used the word liberal here we never meant those SJW leftist extremists you see in the west today.we were taking our inspirations from the likes of nelson Mandela not some crazy third gen feminist.
thats the reason i wrote this article to clear the difference between real and fake liberal.we who genuinely want change this country into a better one are often confused with those fanatics just because they use the same tag as we do
ok lets finish the bhens.....just highlight the changes u want...clear my problems on the basis of these issues :
-Moral standards
-hijab veil between genders
-feminism

Liberalism in Pakistan is, keeping a 7-8 years old boy/girl as a caretaker of your kids. But asking for a liberal Pakistan.

Liberalism in Pakistan is, keeping a 7-8 years old boy/girl as a caretaker of your kids. But asking for a liberal Pakistan.
no it is not liberalism its hypocrisy that exists among our people who has hijacked the concept of liberalism.
read my post #1 and 218 to get the idea what real liberalism is and what should it be like in pakistan

ok lets finish the bhens.....just highlight the changes u want...clear my problems on the basis of these issues :
-Moral standards
-hijab veil between genders
-feminism
bro these issues are to broad to be discussed in a single post present me with the individual problems and i will tell you my views on it

no it is not liberalism its hypocrisy that exists among our people who has hijacked the concept of liberalism.
read my post #1 and 218 to get the idea what real liberalism is and what should it be like in pakistan

bro these issues are to broad to be discussed in a single post present me with the individual problems and i will tell you my views on it
why is it that seculars and liberal women (i mean every single one coz i have seen ) have the same mindset as west that scarf is a burden and that women can do everything a men can do?

why is it that seculars and liberal women (i mean every single one coz i have seen ) have the same mindset as west that scarf is a burden and that women can do everything a men can do?
this is the backlash of these women against our patriarchal society.but they have gone too far in the hate that they started to bash Islam in process which is wrong.
about the last part i do believe that a women can do every thing a man can.

Last edited:

You can't see the post #s while using PDF on cell phone.

To your first part of the post. I won't say hypocrisy but double standards. This is the dilemma with Pakistani liberalists. They find being bold and getting freedom to do ANYTHING........ANYTHING and criitizing Islam is liberalism.
Liberalism has no one particular definition. It's a concept and Pakistanis can't differentiate yet between liberalism and conservatism.

Back
Top Bottom