What's new

We'll impose sharia across Pak: Taliban

afriend

Reaction score
We'll impose sharia across Pak: Taliban
15 Apr 2009, 0011 hrs IST, Omer Farooq Khan, TNN

PESHAWAR: Radical cleric Sufi Muhammad-led Tehrik Nifaz-I-Shariat-I-Muhammadi (TNSM) and Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan have welcomed imposition of sharia in NWFP’s Malakand division, saying the ‘‘struggle’’ would continue to implement Islamic law in other parts of the country.

Talking to journalists in his native town of Maidan in NWFP’s Lower Dir area on Tuesday, Sufi Muhammad said the Taliban and TNSM would work with the government for the enforcement of sharia and maintain peace in the region. He said his party would keep an eye on the steps government takes for the promulgation of Sharia and the independence of Qazi courts.

Sufi Muhammad vowed to extend full cooperation to the military and the government. ‘‘Our struggle has achieved success. We’ll now extend our full cooperation to the government,’’ he said. Sufi Muhammad called upon the armed men to surrender their arms and end their activities. ‘‘I’ll visit various districts to monitor it.’’ Sufi Muhammad made it clear that his cooperation would depend on sharia’s implementation in ‘‘letter and spirit’’.

Talking to TOI from an undisclosed location, Taliban spokesman Muslim Khan echoed Sufi Muhammad’s call for implementation of sharia across Pakistan. ‘‘Our demand for Sharia wasn’t Swat-specific. We’ll continue our struggle for implementation of sharia outside the Pashto-speaking areas,’’ he said. Khan said Taliban would ‘‘make Swat a model of good governance and soon people in other areas will also demand the same set-up’’. He said Swat people had sacrificed for the sharia cause. ‘‘People who opposed sharia were neither sincere to Islam nor the nation.’’

Khan contradicted Sufi Muhammad’s pledge to disarm. ‘‘Taliban will neither abandon their organisation nor weapons. Laying down arms wasn’t part of the peace deal,’’ he said. Pakistan president Asif Ali Zardari approved sharia law for Malakand division on Monday after the national assembly passed it.

We'll impose sharia across Pak: Taliban - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

Now see where it is going.. you give space for a needle.. they try to squeez in the axe there..!!!!:tsk:

After inplying Sharia Law in Swat, their moral is high and it needs to be pulled down, and its has to be done by GOP. Bcoz if it happen as taliban is saying then it would a grave threat to its sourrounding as their moral would be at the peak.

This is what happens when you have a weakling government in power. Mush was the man for the job, now look where democracy has got us.

I do have a question here.

many claim that Swat people wanted Sharia. GoP only fulfilled their wish. So, it is not that GoP has knelt down before Taliban.

But, why the hell Swat people wanted Sharia? Isn't the current Pakistani law full of justice? Does it stop them from their needs / religious duties?

IMO, Taliban made Sharia look better by simply checking the efficient implementation of constitutional law. By doing so, they could make people think about Sharia.

And if this is true, they can implement the same strategy anywhere in Pakistan, provided they are powerful enough to produce chaos in that area. And if this happens, will GoP again back the decision saying "We gave them what they asked for"?

So this basically show us that Military ruling can some time better than civil government.

Well this reminds me of a song by Simon and Garfunkel - called mrs robinson

Where have you gone Mush the magico!!!
Pakistani nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
What's that you say, Mrs. jardari?
Joltin' Mush has left and gone away.

pAKISTAN WAS MUCH BETTER under mushi - he knew how hold the idiots in theor aukat and how to get the smart arse to educated them idiots.
RUler or no ruler pakistan is suffering and its not right!!

No worry brother, i think PA will have better plan!!
Bcoz in recent days we have arrested 1000's of these peoples!!

dont get so carried away. the only reason y shariah got implemented in swat was bec ppl of swat wanted it and it was their main demand since 70s. there is no such demand in other parts of pakistan and therefore it wont get implemented. but once ppl in islamabad or any other part of pakistan start demanding shariah then definately no one can stop that from happening. taliban failed in bajur coz locals turned against them. taliban did manage to stay in swat coz local were with them. it all depends on where the local population stands

I agree with ajpirzada that without the consent of the people of a region they won't be able to get very far though one has to say that if the governement couldn't negotiate a ceasefire with taking away arms it has failed us again.

On the other hand we also need to realise that taleban isn't a million strong and wouldn't march to another city and take and hold unless the locals ask them to come and implement Shariah in the local setup and this will be indeed be a test for judiciary to deliver.

dont get so carried away. the only reason y shariah got implemented in swat was bec ppl of swat wanted it and it was their main demand since 70s. there is no such demand in other parts of pakistan and therefore it wont get implemented. but once ppl in islamabad or any other part of pakistan start demanding shariah then definately no one can stop that from happening. taliban failed in bajur coz locals turned against them. taliban did manage to stay in swat coz local were with them. it all depends on where the local population stands

Well, then the logical question will be that who are the people who, then decide!

What i have read in the news and as i do have a few friends, from swat, the picture they present is very far from the "aspiration of swatis for talibaan sharia"!

You are correct that the sharia bill was signed, as you mentioned in 1994, and 1999, but then things were very different! Swat was, in those years a preferred tourist destination! Today, it is a no-go area, for ordinary pakistanis and foreigners, that is!

The people of swat, today are dead scared, and a scared person,especially the one whose immediate family is in danger, will conform to almost anything!

Do you, then deny the prevailing situation in swat? What if the talibaan got Islamabad under siege, were present in every street, and then claimed that the people of Islamabad also wanted shariah?? You very well know the outcome then!

Nobody is disputing the law itself here, what is trying to be conveyed is the manner and the circumstances in which it has been implemented and the "context" in which it will be interpreted, by the main parties involved!

When TNSM chief says, even now, that ""we will only except this peace if this law is implemented in "letter and spirit"", he is implying that he is much wiser than the Aalims and Islamic scholars who still have not been able to agree on the modalities of shariah in 1400 years!

In swat, now, the writ of the state has vanished completely. The security and law enforcement agencies are completely paralyzed, even scared of the talibaan!

We are talking about giving succor and encouragement to non-state elements! Who have, time and again proved through their actions, their anti state mindset!

If the shariah was and is the demand of the local swatis, then why implement it now, and not before?? This is nothing to do with islamic law or what the people of a particular locality, want. It is everything to do with coercion and intimidation, and the one being intimidated the most, here, is the Govt of Pakistan!

And since when do we correct a wrong by doing one ourselves? By giving in to the demand of the implementation of "talibaan law" (and i stick to this term!) The GOP has sent out a very wrong message, and now the perception by the militants will be that they can force the GOP to do their biding, anytime they so desire!

Sir! this is nothing at all to do with Islamic law, it is just a "Tamaasha" by the talibaan, who are taking advantage of a corrupt and inefficient system of law and order, and presenting themselves to be as "Messiahs" for the populace.

As i said before, in the garb of Islamic law, they want to snatch power and ultimately usurp our country!

Guys guys guys..relax.

Shiria is something that should be imposed in every Islamic Country. But the word i used was "sharia" not the Taliban typ Sharia.

Islamic punishments are as such that they could have far fetched consequncs in the lives of humans, therefore the athuroity of imposing these punishments have been made the responsibility of the STATE, not any radical mullah who don't even know to speak the national language properly.

i am not against molvis and religious teachers, but the fact is that can a motor mechanic work in place of a software engineer or can teacher of physics plan military operations involving corps and armies. Therefore by just keeping a beard, memorizing the Quran by heart and praying 5 times a day you can't ALWAYS become someone who has all the knowledge of running a Country.

Because anybody can read the Islamic sayings over different crimes and state a punishment for that act, but not everyone can also administrate a country.

Yes if you are capable enough and make decisions and carryout tasks properly my vote is with the Talibans, but Alas! how can a person (i am talking about most of the Talibans, both from Afghanistan and Pakistan)who don't even read and write, who have never visited a school, doesn't know a thing about the modern developments in science and is uncapable of understanding world politics can be the one who can make decision on people's life!

i wonder why all the counties of this world chose the best out of best for their premiership, and why countries train their bureaucrats and technocrats.

So this basically show us that Military ruling can some time better than civil government.

yes... but only if he is good in taking dictation and selling sisters to enemy, and that is not just for a military guy anybody can be a good ruler in Pakistan if he follows the above otherwise supporter of terrorism.

Nizam-e-Adl enforced in Swat, not Sharia: Zardari - GEO.tv

Updated at: 1945 PST, Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Nizam-e-Adl enforced in Swat, not Sharia: Zardari TOKYO: President Asif Ali Zardari on Wednesday said that Nizam-e-Adl Regulation, not Sharia, had been enforced in Malakand Division, adding the government could reconsider the regulation if peace was not restored.

Addressing the Pakistani community in Tokyo, President Zardari urged the international community to extend an emergency financial assistance to Pakistan.

Terrorists could become powerful if urgent aid was not given, he noted.

The president said Friends of Pakistan was the best forum to bring improvement in the country’s fragile economy.

Back
Top Bottom