What's new

Weired PTCL Problem. Help needed.

Curious_Guy

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi
i know this might nt be the beat forum to ask this question, but i have seen many tech savy members so here it is

i have PTCL DSL connection (can't have any other as no good service available in area, 4g devices become to expensive)

those of you who know normally 3 lights should be present on router & internet light blinking & in my case it is so.

but mobile wifi says connected but no internet but if i go to chrome i can visit sites play videos in 1080p but none of the apps work, youtube whatsapp Fb etc none in app but can visit these in chrome.
i hope i have explained my query

PTCL man is also helpless in this regard

edit - it was working fine 1 week back then suddenly this started happening, have already changed & reconfigured the router. it started working on apps for 15 mins then back to same problem

any help from you guys?

Last edited:
I dont know exactly whom to tag.. if u know anyone who can help kindly tag

Hi
i know this might nt be the beat forum to ask this question, but i have seen many tech savy members so here it is

i have PTCL DSL connection (can't have any other as no good service available in area, 4g devices become to expensive)

those of you who know normally 3 lights should be present on router & internet light blinking & in my case it is so.

but mobile wifi says connected but no internet but if i go to chrome i can visit sites play videos in 1080p but none of the apps work, youtube whatsapp Fb etc none in app but can visit these in chrome.
i hope i have explained my query

PTCL man is also helpless in this regard

any help from you guys?
Nothing with your internet, more to do with your device.

1 - Restart your device
2 - Forget and Re connect Wifi to your phone ( BTW, is it iOS or Android ?)
3 - Try to access router homepage, Check if your mac address is blocked or not.
4 - If all above doesn’t work, create a guest network from your router ( ie if your router supports), connect it, hopefully might work

have 5 at home. Same problem with all of them
Ohh, definitely, is your computer connected via wire ?
Coz if it is, then the problem definitely lies in the wifi standards, GHz and the compatibility with your relative device. Disable 5GHz, turn on 2.5 and set modes to all. But I wouldn’t recommend you to mess up these settings if you are an amateur in this, better get some local internet connection man to do the work, give him some tip

And BTW, this thread isn’t related to Tech & Science Sub-Forum, should have been in members club since it is an issue.

@Dubious Your highness, shifting is required :-) !!!

On the back of you wifi router there is an ip address go to that and reset router settings to default then call ptcl help line and ask them to provide you settings again. The issue is with your router firewall that is my opinion.

On the back of you wifi router there is an ip address go to that and reset router settings to default then call ptcl help line and ask them to provide you settings again. The issue is with your router firewall that is my opinion.

did thay twice. it worked for a few minutes them back to same problem. am thinking i should consult some private tech guy since ptcl one is himself surprised

change ur wifi password and check maximum client in ur router settings and increase the numbers

Just get a new modem and ask PTCL to provide the settings. The device provided by the PTCL is so cheap that a toaster could do the job better.

you might want to change the DNS address and the ipv6 dns address to the one provided by Cloudflare:

Router settings -> advanced setup -> DNS

dns primary: 1.1.1.1
dns secondary: 1.0.0.1

ipv6 : 2606:4700:4700::1111
ipv6 secondary : 2606:4700:4700::1001

mine looks like this after I changed it:

upload_2020-3-2_21-24-20.png

What brand is it and how old do you think the model is ?

I would suggest to get a TPlink or linksys from local shop or daraz.

What brand is it and how old do you think the model is ?

I would suggest to get a TPlink or linksys from local shop or daraz.

i got a new modem yesterday, it solved the problem but only for 15 mins it says fibrehome on box but on ip address it says D link

- Change your wifi password.
- Restart your router.
- Connect 1 device at a time.
- Use it for 30 minutes before connecting another device.

When you say the same issue start occuring on the new router, my suspicion is that someone could be using your internet for malicious purposes - a device could be hacked, or have exploits making it part of a botnet - which is causing app servers to block you.

When an app blocks you, it doesn't block from the device, it blocks from your internet / IP.

Not sure if PTCL rotates IP on each router restart. If you can, check if your IP address changes after router restart. Simplest way is to simply type "My IP" in google. If it doesn't, call PTCL and ask them to assing a new IP to you.

Back
Top Bottom