What's new

We want a United States of Europe says top EU official

I was in turkey this september. Istanbul and Izmir. Sorry bro...but what i saw was nothing that would impress me. Come back when you reached the standard of the poorest european countries.

:lol:

Yeah sure...Greece surely "impress" you but Turkey doesn't.

Istanbul's economy alone is larger than I guess 12 EU states (or probably that was 8..can't remember now but go check)....

And political/economic decisions aren't made on the line "Well, this doesn't impress me...so..." ..

C'mon my Italian friend..

Turkey doesn´t match our cultural standards. Thats the simple fact.

LOL..

What is "cultural standards" ?

British doesn't match Greece cultural standards and so on...Again, that was not a very bright point...
Its also no democracy there, no freedom and no freedom of speech.

Seriously?

Turkey is a democratic state where people decide what happens, nobody else. Offcourse its not perfect..but no system is.

Turkey's democracy is more stable than Greece, Ukarain and so on..I'm sure EU won't have any problem with Ukrain becoming a member ;)

I had a turkish girlfriend btw. She was quite cool and loved italian boys ;)

Where? in Italy? or you are talking about when you went to Turkey? and I like Italians as a people, too :D

But to answer your claims why we don´t want turkey in EU. Turkey seems unstable.

LOL..dude, again, Greece is ten times more unstable than Turkey can ever be! Your double-standards are glaringly obvious.
Just look at Erdogan and how he struggles. He also appears like an oriental despot, not a moderate president.

Dude, Barack Obama struggles ten times more than Erdogan..Just look what happened to him on Obamacare issue...Erdogan struggles, even after being so powerful, shows you the strength of Turkish system.
Most of turkey land area is waste land.

Wrong. Factually wrong.

It boarders iraq and iran. Doe we really want a boarder with Iran and Iraq?

Why not? Imagine bordering with Persia again!!!

If situation becomes normalize, Iran would be a massive player with its 80 million population, oil resources, and strategic location. Iranians are very developed and sophisticated people (intellectually) with an impressive history. Under complete CHOKE of sanctions, they are still throwing satellites to space and increasing their scientific production every year. Imagine a normal Iran with brilliant trade-science-economic relations with Europe. Total victory for everyone.

And what threat Iraq can pose to anyone? lol...

Turkey has more young people? It also has more illiterate and poor people

Literate and poor? lols..

Dude, Turkey's literacy rate is above 90% !!! and literacy rate in Youth is over 97% !!!

...The eastern regions of turkey are undeveloped.

Majority of Turkey's population lives in the Western region.

Second thing, Turkey is a massive country compared to small countries of Europe...in bigger countries, you tend to have disparity in development and more development is focused on highly populated areas..

Its same even in the U.S...

Thirdly, Eastern region of Turkey is undergoing massive development as we speak. I don't know what under-development you are talking about..

Turkey military has bad equipment and i don´t see it able to join into EU forces.

:rofl:

Bad equipment? Not able to join EU forces? :rofl:

Dude, Turkey is already a part of NATO! Turkey's forces have "NATO standard" in training, operations, and synergy.

And what bad equipment are you talking about? Without any interference and all else same, Turkey's military power will simply CRUSH 90% of EU countries like Romania, Greece, and many others...

Turkey's military power is right up there with top dogs of EU..
Turkeys influence in the region is crippled and shrunk. Your ambassador was recently kicked out of egypt. And erdogans play in Syria failed. That went not unnoticed in the EU.

I'm not a Turk.
The most important parts of european civilisation is rome. I find it interesting that you brag on one side about a "Sultan" of europe...and on other side seem to love europe so much that you see yourself as part of it? Why is that?

That was just a poke.

I share chancellor Merkels idea about turkey. privilidged partnership, but no EU membership.

Chancellor Merkel would obviously say that. Afterall, she is "ruling" the EU while other EU countries, including Italy, are "serving" the masters of EU--Germany and France etc.

Just for info, Italy's per capita income has DECREASED due to Euro while Germany's has INCREASED due to Euro.

Keep "sharing Chancellor Merkel's views" ;)

You think too much about yourself. Do you honestly believe we care about you? You seem to believe we always think aout russia. Thats not the cause.

Exactly, here in Hong Kong/China, we care more about whats going on in the USA and Europe (Britain, Germany etc) as opposed to whats going on in Russia. To be honest, I don't think anyone cares about Russia these days.

Istanbul's economy alone is larger than I guess 12 EU states (or probably that was 8..can't remember now but go check)....

And political/economic decisions aren't made on the line "Well, this doesn't impress me...so..." ..

LOL..

British doesn't match Greece cultural standards and so on...Again, that was not a very bright point...

Seriously?

Turkey is a democratic state where people decide what happens, nobody else. Offcourse its not perfect..but no system is.

Turkey's democracy is more stable than Greece, Ukarain and so on..I'm sure EU won't have any problem with Ukrain becoming a member ;)

Where? in Italy? or you are talking about when you went to Turkey? and I like Italians as a people, too :D

LOL..dude, again, Greece is ten times more unstable than Turkey can ever be! Your double-standards are glaringly obvious.

Dude, Barack Obama struggles ten times more than Erdogan..Just look what happened to him on Obamacare issue...Erdogan struggles, even after being so powerful, shows you the strength of Turkish system.

Wrong. Factually wrong.

If situation becomes normalize, Iran would be a massive player with its 80 million population, oil resources, and strategic location. Iranians are very developed and sophisticated people (intellectually) with an impressive history. Under complete CHOKE of sanctions, they are still throwing satellites to space and increasing their scientific production every year. Imagine a normal Iran with brilliant trade-science-economic relations with Europe. Total victory for everyone.

Dude, Turkey's literacy rate is above 90% !!! and literacy rate in Youth is over 97% !!!

Second thing, Turkey is a massive country compared to small countries of Europe...in bigger countries, you tend to have disparity in development and more development is focused on highly populated areas..

Thirdly, Eastern region of Turkey is undergoing massive development as we speak. I don't know what under-development you are talking about..

Dude, Turkey is already a part of NATO! Turkey's forces have "NATO standard" in training, operations, and synergy.

And what bad equipment are you talking about? Without any interference and all else same, Turkey's military power will simply CRUSH 90% of EU countries like Romania, Greece, and many others...

I'm not a Turk.

That was just a poke.

Chancellor Merkel would obviously say that. Afterall, she is "ruling" the EU while other EU countries, including Italy, are "serving" the masters of EU--Germany and France etc.

Just for info, Italy's per capita income has DECREASED due to Euro while Germany's has INCREASED due to Euro.

The Europeans will never let Turkey enter the EU. The EU doesn't care about Turkey. Furthermore, the Turkish Armed Forces don't have power projection capabilities... so no, Turkey cannot destroy 90% of the EUs military forces!! You are such a fool to even think that Turkey can compare to the military power of Germany, Britain and France etc

Last edited:
Unlikely. European countries are very proud of their rich history and past, culture as well. Won't let go of all of that for a superstate. Eastern European countries as it is feel closer to Russia than to any of the Western European countries. Still lots of divisions and disagreements.

At best there can a confederation of sorts. But a single country or union ? Very unlikely.
I think you should read some history,the only countries feeling close to Russia are Belarus and east Ukraine.
All the rest of the eastern european countries Hate Russia and i mean HATE.
To topic,there will never be a United States of Europe.
The rich North-Western(with Polen maybe)will allways have other priorities then the poorer South-Eastern countries.
The EU is no more beneficial for the richer countries,my guess is that they will form another union between them.

sorry...but turkey won´t even exist in 20 years anymore as independ nation. Turkish nationalism is the most laughable in the world.
You ok?
Be carefull,La Liga Nord could devide Italy in two.
Since you know so much about nationalism,care to explain why the Turkish one is laughable?

Last edited:
Brother i have a lot of east european friends , what i see is Belarus guys find russia better and ukraine is all out against Russia (Which makes me feel strange) but they dont like Russia that much. And about Baltic states , i know that for sure that people just don't like russia.
This hatred to them indoctrinated the U.S. and Britain. This is a temporary phenomenon. This has already happened in history. After a few years Russia will be a symbol of all that the West has lost - morality, Christianity, faith, honor and so on.
The eyes of the entire white race will hopefully look to Russia. The role that plays in Europe now the U.S. - Russia will play.
And I would advise all former brothers start to remember their sins against Russia after 1991. Bismark once said that the Russian did not forget anything and always come to get their own. So. We will come and ask.

Last edited:
A united states of europe would overshadow both USA and the rising developing states in terms of resources and tech.If russia joined it it would be a total behemoth,but russia won't as it prefers a distinct identity.Even without its still a superpower,but this won't happen in another 100 yrs.But eventually i see its quite possible.Only requirement is for eastern europe to develop more in infrstructure so that Western european nations won't feel they are doing all the contributions.

Again, Europe is at its retirement age. Look at the average age in Europe...what is it? In next 20 years, it might be above 50!!

Have you gone and checked the demographic projections for China? I'm sure you have but they are too ghastly for you to accept them. btw, they are similar to what is here, with an added exception they are much much poorer. And i've debated this a few times before, natality was slowly rising before the crisis, with improving economic conditions in this year things should go back to normal.

But you debate dishonestly and it reflects in your posts which are easily debunked. Requires no effort at all.

And yes, i do agree, some immigrants do enrich culture. While your tangent of "loosing European identity" is way off since you don't really realize these people (immigrants) tend to tend to themselves in enclosed societies vaguely reminiscent of ghetto's. Which is what will happen to them if they get too anxious. Framework is already done, search for term "scum villages" in Netherlands and educate yourself on what it means.

But i'm sure since all of this doesn't fit your narrow minded view of Eu dead, Asia rising, you will ignore it all. Is np, don't expect anything more of you anyway, since it would be a strain on your already limited resources.

sorry...but turkey won´t even exist in 20 years anymore as independ nation. Turkish nationalism is the most laughable in the world.

Shh, don't mind him. He's a bit wacko.

Erdogan struggles, even after being so powerful, shows you the strength of Turkish system.

This is gold lol. Erdogoon just trumps up charges against political opposition and this guy says it's strength. LOL, if you go to Turkish section,Turks probably have the same opinion as i've given here cuz they're all pretty much with their feet on the ground, but naturally AuZ knows better.

If russia joined

In MMORPG speak, that would be OP.

Last edited:

LOL..

Seriously?

Wrong. Factually wrong.

I'm not a Turk.

That was just a poke.

I will try to adress your points.

Yes, greece impress me, because it is a european and christian nation. It has christian / european values and is a valuable member of europe. It is not about economy in that aspect. Turkey is an asian country. If we go by that we can South Korea and Japan let join EU. Beside that, Turkey is hostile towards Cyprus. Cyprus is a member state of the EU. As long Turkey don´t solve that issue a membership is impossible anyways. Greece economy is small, one german city alone, Stuttgart, has a bigger economy. But thats not the issue.

Another issue is that Turkey military is relative weak. It has mostly old and outdated equipment. Thats a simple fact. Infact the turkish southern boarder towards Syria is protected from german army at the moment in a NATO mission. Turkish military showed openly that it does not match european cultural standards. Last year a turkish general pushed a female german soldier to the ground...a male german soldier than pushed that chauvinistic ****** away to help his female comrade. That showed clearly that Turkey is not ready to join us in cultural ways.

Turkey is swept from illegal immigrants. They come in free through syrian, iraqi and iranian boarder. Turkey has no control over its eastern and southern boarders. We can control our boarders eastwards in greece. We don´t want boarders with Iran, Iraq and Syria.

Erdogan is a demagoge, dictator and despot. He is also corrupt beyond believe. His foreign politics jokes are dangerous for the EU. He lost control over Syria, Egypt and Israel. Erdogan is the Anti Midas of foreign politics. Evrything he touches turns to shit. His islamist agenda is not seen positive in Europe as well.

Another problem i see is the kurdish problem. And i don´t see how Turkey can integrate itself into the EU. Turkey must allow 100% freedom of religion. Churches will be opened in great masses since many immigrants would go to turkey. Mostly from Romania and Bulgaria as well as greece.

Thats just the main issues i have with that. The big majority of europeans i against Turkey joining the EU.

As for the turkish girl, i met her in my holiday there. I have no problem with turks at all. I want them as close partner. But not as EU member.

Will Switzerland join EU since all countries around Switzerland are the members of EU.

Not in the forseeable future. There will be a referendum soon in Switzerland about giving all adults a monthly check of about 2.000 Euros, the rationale being, if everyone has their basic expenses covered, everyone can do what they really like and try to be more successful and prosperous at that then if they were doing work for someone else or work they don't really like.
If Switzerland was in the EU and this passed, all hell would break loose on the borders. Though to be honest, when i was visiting family over the holidays, the majority said this is just pampering and they won't vote in favour of it.

Last edited:
Turkey is set to grow at 5% a year till 2020.

Euro area is expected to grow at 1% a year till 2020.

EU needs Turkey more than the other way round.

Greece surely "impress" you but Turkey doesn't.

It's funny to see these guy's religious bigotry clouding their senses.

The only countries in Europe worth joining with are the NorthWest European countries. Eastern and Southern Europe is a basket case in every sense of the word. Almost every single Scandinavian I have spoken with wants nothing to do with the EU.

This whole EU things is a last-ditch effort by Germany and France to revive their sagging clout and challenge US domination. They don't really want UK in there, since they view it (quite rightly) as America's Trojan Horse.

Turkey is an asian country.

I kinda disagree with you here. I've been to the coast and in Istanbul, and there's hardly anything Asian there. Sure they are Muslims, but mostly in name only. My gf wore short pants, flip flops and just generally showed lots of skin since it was hot and there was no problem, noone even looked at us funny. While in contrast, i saw my mother's travel agency advised "rule list" this year when she travelled to UAE. No skin allowed!

It's funny to see these guy's religious bigotry clouding their senses.

The only countries in Europe worth joining with are the NorthWest European countries. Eastern and Southern Europe is a basket case in every sense of the word. Almost every single Scandinavian I have spoken with wants nothing to do with the EU.

Moar tank thinking.

Let me educate you son.

List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a hint, Turkey is at #62 with pretty much whole of eastern Europe ahead of it. even a sold out basket case that is Hungary is ahead of it. Now gtfo bigot.

oh and future EE's growth prospects are pretty much the same as Turkey's....

Last edited:
List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just a hint, Turkey is at #62 with pretty much whole of eastern Europe ahead of it. even a sold out basket case that is Hungary is ahead of it. Now gtfo bigot.

As predicted, you whip out the per-capita numbers which will naturally favor smaller countries.
Does that mean that India and China's rise should be discounted because their per-capita GDP is low?

You clearly don't understand the concept of total GDP and its importance in global relations.

Europe has had a big head start so, of course, it will continue to lead for a while. The PIIGS will keep sucking dry the German and French taxpayers.

And, speaking of bigotry, we all know the primary reason many Europeans oppose Turkey is because of religion. No use hiding it.

Turkey is set to grow at 5% a year till 2020.

Euro area is expected to grow at 1% a year till 2020.

EU needs Turkey more than the other way round.

I grow 1% per year as a young adult. A baby grows 10% per year...I guess you get it.

As predicted, you whip out the per-capita numbers which will naturally favor smaller countries.
Does that mean that India and China's rise should be discounted because their per-capita GDP is low?

You clearly don't understand the concept of total GDP and its importance in global relations.

No, but by basket case you were implying life is horrible for people in those countries, while it's clearly quite richer then in Turkey. And Turkey has more population then any of those countries, naturally their cumulative GDP will be bigger. Duh.....

Europe has had a big head start so, of course, it will continue to lead for a while. The PIIGS will keep sucking dry the German and French taxpayers.

The PIIGS are doing better then France lol in PMI readings, and quarterly GDP. Another guy that's stuck in 2012. Why don't you go and educate yourself on how reforms are starting to bare fruit.

Back
Top Bottom