What's new

War rules in ancient India, world''s best

your naive thinking, american has broken almost every single rules by Geneva convention, do u see any american presidents being brought to the court, or even an american citizen? wake up kid.

And was your point?? are we yanks

Interesting discusson..

Thinking on the topic i had some views to this thread.

1. Yes ancient Kingdoms followed the rules of war and yes again there have been wrong doings on not following the rules.
2. The concept of India or Bharat has been with people of all the kingdoms inside , however when kingdoms ruled a region it was considered as a separate country- no matter how small or big the territory was.
3. It may have been the naive attitude towards the oursiders that may have resulted in india becoming a colony- but one of the main reasons is the attitude of "athithi devo bhava"- meaning treating guests like gods which was incorrectly utillised by many who invaded.
4. The wonder of our country ie is the richness of India that is being eyed by all who came for it.- believe me if i say it still stays pot full. there has been no dreath for its richness even after so much of plundering and with such a huge population
5. Tel me one good factor for a human being that is not available in India. You have everything a man wishes and needs to run a happy and peacful life. I cant find a dreath in anything. It is luxury that has been making the changes in human lifes and sorry to say it is more costlier than attractive.
6. From the snow covered mountains on the north to the highly wet land of the east and from the hottest sand of the west to the forests of the ghats- there is every climate of the world covered in a small space called India.- May be todays generation cannot eat without a spoon- may be cannot live without toilet paper but none of the them have come from the start. It is luxury one way or the other that has brought about these changes.

- For those who think India is poor and smelly- you can accept us as we are else take the best path out. I shall still give you food, water and shelter if you are in distress at my door.

With the above pointers i just want to make a point. may be today wars do not follow rules. may be technology has blinded us with history.. may be people mentality wont change. we Indians are like what we are not because of what has hapenned to us in the last thousand or so years. its because our daily life is infuenced one way or the other by the old ramayana and mahabharatha. Our country has seen more fighting than the whole world combined. There have been records on this from time immemorial.

To conculde: This naive and hospitality has come as a result of experiencing so much of pain and bloodshed. I personally feel it seems more mature to respect and govern ethics than fight for dreams that never have an end. Humans can never become contended with what they have. I feel India as a country is much closer than the rest- no offense intended.

I have noticed that Tamilnadu and Kerala have never became parts of any Indian empires in the history. Not even during greatest Indian empire of Ashoka!

I dont think Kerala has been ruled by a foreign empire other then the British, but it has been ruled by Indian empires like the Cholas.

Chola+Empire+Map.png

And other empires formed in Tamil Nadu.

And at one point they did payed tribute to the Mauryans, but held their sovereignty.

Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg

do not attack from behind
do not poison the tip of your arrow

These are such silly rules...

To be honest there is not much difference between Tamils and Malus...at least to me but when i asked a tamil student this, he said there were many differences. Maybe culturally, but linguistically both languages are similar. To be honest, Kerala is so beautiful there is no reason for it to invade Tamil Nadu. It is blessed with abundant water, fertile land, fish, etc.

Its true, Hindus do the follies of seeing the world through prism of the moral Superiority based on Hindu scripture , unfortunately for the rest of the world such moral values mere weakness to cash on .

that is why once Max Müller said, “If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most deeply pondered on the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India”

Thank you ...it takes a Chinese person to say what I have been saying all this time.....War is War! INdians don't have a firm grasp of this! They will lose the next war if they don't change their mentality. Humans will forget quickly.......war crimes will be washed away with some good deeds...

cricket is for winning and there are some idiots like sachin who walk if he thinks he is out.. with sportsmanship and values which make us humane right mate. Lets just focus on winning. Unfortunately wars involve gentleman officers. The first part is becoming a gentleman :-)

cricket is for winning and there are some idiots like sachin who walk if he thinks he is out.. with sportsmanship and values which make us humane right mate. Lets just focus on winning. Unfortunately wars involve gentleman officers. The first part is becoming a gentleman :-)

Sorry war is not a game t be played with rules. The one thing that matters in war is victory and only victory. Rules can take a hike if they cant guarentee a victory.

People won't remember you were ethical unless you don't get slaughtered. Winners write history.

i am not saying you act like a saint or something..but just basic ethics like do not attack civilians,don't torture war prisoners, respect the dead etc.

Was it a war crime when the British, Spanish, Arabic warriors committed such crimes on their conquered territories? its only called war crime because the Allies won WW2, otherwise it would've been causalities of war

what I know, that even in Bhagwat GIta, use of Brahamastra is not permitted. So I don't support it when it comes to use. Ashwathama knew how to arms the Astra but couldn't disarm, which means those who dont have enuf knowledge of these weapons shouldn't have them. And personally I feel, war crimes are the worst scenario.

Back
Top Bottom