What's new

War on Terror, What should we do?

AAtish

Reaction score
By: Rizwan Yahya

War on Terror, started about 10 years ago has had its toll on the world. We have seen the global scenario changing, and if I might say, towards the worst. Countries have been invaded, economies have been thrown down, civilians have been killed and humanity has been laughed upon.

Was the war on terror necessary? A question which can never be answered! It should better be left for history and future generations to answer. At the moment, if you take the US point of view, maybe! If you take rest of the world’s point of view, NO! why? Because no other nation had anything to do with what happened in US, simple as that! They were not responsible for the attack and according to my opinion; they should not have participated in the response to that attack. All it has done is destabilization the other countries. Mr. Bush & Blair are war criminals in my honest opinion and they should be tried on such.

What has the world achieved in this WoT? Has the world become a peaceful place after fighting this so-called war for over a decade? Has the living standard of people deteriorated? Or has it turned towards betterment? Is the unrest within the world decreased or increased? And what can be the possible outcome of this war? Where is it going to end? What are the targets and Goals of it? These are the questions one needs to ask themselves, and ask them honestly.

I am not going to discuss the global issues here, neither am going to discuss the fear and unrest in the people and declining economies all over the globe. I am going to look into what Pakistan has lost and earned in this war, as well as, what can be done to come out of it.

To me, countries prosper when the people of the nation prosper. Up till 2001, no matter how slow, but Pakistan, as a country was developing gradually, literacy rate was increasing, new colleges and universities were being made, development, no matter how slow and incomplete (motor ways, Industries, parks, nai roshni schools, green tractors etc), was being made, manufacturing and exports were increasing. In short, though, people were not over the moon but everyone was able to earn the living and there were opportunities for further individual development through hard work.

Post 9/11, as soon as Pakistan “joined” WoT everything came to a halt, international pressure made sure that Pakistan has to become a party in this war. Since then, Pakistan’s own development has gone down the drain, a nation is divided into chunks, some supporting the war and others protesting against it, few decided to take matters into their own hands and fight the war on war front.

The question is, was the war on terror joined in respect of wishes of people of Pakistan? Apparently not! Then what can we do now? It is very important for people of Pakistan to understand that at the end, it is people of Pakistan who are suffering, dying and paying the price for something which was done by US trained SAUDI terrorists to US and US only.

What have we lost? We have lost the trust of our own people (FATA), we have lost unity, we have lost internal development of the country, we have lost economic stability, we have lost thousands of lives of our own people in drone attacks and suicide bombings, we have lost control of our own country’s air space and sea, we have lost world standing, we are not considered as humans even.

The US officials said that they are going to keep the “US interest” and lives of “their” civilians “safe” and they don’t give a damn about “collateral damage” as it is “meant” to happen. Guess what? We Pakistanis and our lives are being categorized as “collateral damage” only US citizen’s lives are to be “safe”.

I think it is time we decide that whatever happened in past, happened. Whatever mistakes were made, were made. It is time we need to decide about OUR OWN future, it is time we need to list down our priorities. It is time we need to decide that we DO NOT need to fight for other’s sake; if “they” cannot stop an attack in “their” country then it should be “their” citizen who should not be “safe”. PERIOD!

They talk about our nuclear programme not being safe, amazing, a country on who’s “leaks” the world renowned wiki leaks website is working is propagating about other countries.

As a country, Pakistan’s first interest is in its sovereignty, we should reclaim the control of our own air space and land. If any external force tries to take any action, they should be shot down! No question asked, Cuba still exists on the world map, isn’t it? Pakistan should consider development and betterment of its own citizen, and that include people of FATA, WoT is not in our interest, so just pull out of it. Work on developing talks with people of tribal areas and ask THEM to push the “unwanted” people across the border.

If US or NATO forces cannot survive without Pakistan’s support then they should go back!! We are not responsible for their loss or gains, as simple as that! If they want this WoT to go on then by all means, ask Russia, China, Iran or India to support it!! Get your bases there!

I am afraid, if we keep on going the path we are walking right now, people of future will read about us in “history books” only, that there existed one nation who destroyed themselves for “others”.
People say, we cannot survive without US, what a bunch of crap! We survived and developed without them for a very long time, even through 2 wars. US and UN has always betrayed us, they are only concerned about their own agenda, and that’s all there is to it!

Here is what I think Pakistan should do:
1) Announce separation from War on Terror
2) Secure Pakistan’s land, give ultimatum to US bases to move to either Afghanistan or some other country.
3) Take action against CIA’s infrastructure and perform an “operation cleanup”
4) Develop understanding and ties with China (a defence contract maybe) to nullify the threat of US
5) Talk to tribal jirgas to take care of “unwanted entrants” in Pakistan, they will be happy to oblige if the “walaiti” army is pushed out of Pakistan.

These are but my two cents, I know there are going to be people who will again sing the song of international community and terrorist activity. If you think so, then why not send 1% of your population to stay in Afghanistan? We’ll be happy to support the WoT if “equal” numbers of civilian casualties are from US, UK, France, Germany etc. 100% Pakistani civilian death is not acceptable to me.

Just my two cents..

Take all ministers for chittar parade and terrorism will stop.

Back
Top Bottom