What's new

Walt Disney shifts to India, China (from Pakistan)

karan.1970

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Walt Disney shifts to India, China - DAWN.COM

FAISALABAD: Walt Disney has diverted its business to India and China after dumping Pakistan, costing the country $200 million in export earnings.

The US company dropped Pakistan from the list of its sourcing destinations for its textile brand products from 1st April.

Azhar Majeed, a business leader, told Dawn that warning notices were issued simultaneously to Pakistan, Bangladesh and Myanmar for non-compliance of 27 UN/ILO conventions.

Both other countries managed to retain commercial relationship with Disney but Pakistan government failed to do so.

"We have reasons to believe that competing interest in the region, India in particular, is lobbying to instigate other Western companies to blacklist Pakistan," he said. :)

This is Western based company decision nothing to do anything with India or China. West always try to incite hatred between Asian nations with their actions and eye catchy headlines.

In all honesty, you Pakistanis are lucky ! Walt Disney in China / India is nothing but another sweatshop industry with 200 page standard operating procedures in manufacturing that are there only to be thrown at factory managers.. but the big fat cats sitting in the US care two hoots about workers who make their merchandise !

Good job India. Pakistanis do their usual crybaby stuff and blaming India, ignore them.

Western companies, to be more specific many western customers are very conscious about these issues like working conditions, exploitation, child labour, etc. and a negative media publicity or a major accident can become a PR disaster.

This is Western based company decision nothing to do anything with India or China. West always try to incite hatred between Asian nations with their actions and eye catchy headlines.

This wasn't about hatred. Just a business decision. Every company will do whatever is in their interests.

This wasn't about hatred. Just a business decision. Every company will do whatever is in their interests.

I am talking about the head lines in the media ..... These guys make it look like one guy's loss is another guys gain in this region and incite animosity!

Actually most of these factories only comply to the working conditions for the sake of AQ/HR audit by the sourcing companies. The workers are taught what are they supposed to answer to the HR auditors and similar is the case with all other countries (Bangladesh, India and even China). Most likely some of these would have been caught by Walt Disney auditors. I remember my internship in a textile giant where the QA coordinator proudly told us all about how they go around things to evade the work-life standards requirement of the sourcing companies.

Why hindustanis are trolling...should I post that 75% call centers and similar jobs established by west in hindustan are moving to Philippines because india is no longer doing its job right and profits are coming down for those companies..

Why hindustanis are trolling...should I post that 75% call centre and similar jobs established by west are moving to Philippines because india is no longer doing its job right and profits are coming down for those companies..
That thread has already been posted.. You are late :)

btw, the size of the outsourcing industry in India is 1.7 times Pakistan's whole federal budget ;)

Back
Top Bottom