What's new

W.H.O. Declares a Global Health Emergency - Coronavirus

Real numbers are probably much higher than reported cases. I hope this gets better soon, as soon as those infected starts to recover, those regions "with high density of recoveries/ infection rate" will create herd immunity. Hopefully will take down the rate of infections. Vaccination development will take months if not years, so far the best bet i see with this situation is the recovery of the ones infected.

It's not good but situation has improved. The number of infections was effectively doubling every 2 days and since yesterday that has decreased to an infection rate of I think 20%~. That's a significant blip and the change number of dead has also significantly decreased the first 100 or so deaths were reported by Sunday and the remaining are over the course of this whole week. Once the new hospitals in China are up it should decrease further. This virus also has a relatively low mortality rate of 3%.

The decrease in infection is very new and isn't as reliable so we should know more tomorrow if it continues to decrease.

That's true we just have to wait and see but I think the signs are looking better for the first time since the start.

So far it has only killed the elderly, children, and those with weakened immune systems; so normal healthy people dont really have major cause for concern yet. Still check out the daily growth rate so far, If it doesnt slow by the end of February then there will definitely be mass panic that will dwarf the ebola crisis.

State of Pakistan's NIH preparedness:

Table top exercises.
EPg4_4oX4AEL0KF.jpg
EPgzntlWsAAoxME.jpg

When you predict such a large problem you:
1. Select a group of SMEs : Subject Matter Experts
2. earmark hospitals to use as isolation wards
3. create plans to Commandeer ambulances for transport
4. select site for evacuation/rehousing outside general population area
5. start reviewing present stockpile of medications and PPE
6. Develop contingencies to maintain GLOC, ALOC and Supply chain management
7. Public Health Monitoring
8. Public Awareness campaigns
9. Risk audit and threat matrix for the country
10. identify stakeholders early and initiate onboarding process.

So far our NIH has just sat down for 6 hours and had a table top exercise and tea and biscuits with the Director.

State of Pakistan's NIH preparedness:

Table top exercises.
View attachment 602503 View attachment 602502

When you predict such a large problem you:
1. Select a group of SMEs : Subject Matter Experts
2. earmark hospitals to use as isolation wards
3. create plans to Commandeer ambulances for transport
4. select site for evacuation/rehousing outside general population area
5. start reviewing present stockpile of medications and PPE
6. Develop contingencies to maintain GLOC, ALOC and Supply chain management
7. Public Health Monitoring
8. Public Awareness campaigns
9. Risk audit and threat matrix for the country
10. identify stakeholders early and initiate onboarding process.

So far our NIH has just sat down for 6 hours and had a table top exercise and tea and biscuits with the Director.

24073448-7946465-image-a-10_1580375270843.jpg

and that's meeting of donald trump to assess the situation with all agencies present in the meeting for their input.

24073448-7946465-image-a-10_1580375270843.jpg

and that's meeting of donald trump to assess the situation with all agencies present in the meeting for their input.

That's the difference, He's the commander in Chief. In our "SIMULATION" all you had was NIH, no one from NDMA, no from from CDA, no one from AKUH, No One from 1122, No one from Army, No one from PDMA... List goes on!

BREAKING: IT'S NOW A GLOBAL EMERGENCY!

Coronavirus Live Updates: W.H.O. Declares a Global Health Emergency - Source:

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproj.../2020/01/30/world/asia/coronavirus-china.html

@waz @The Eagle please could one of you gents kindly change the title to:
W.H.O. Declares a Global Health Emergency

Reason:

Thank you.

That's the difference

And that saddens me; the so called ruling elite of this country is petty ganwar. And the educated ones are incompetent. I bet you; if you ask parliamentarians including MNAs and MPAs about corona virus, 95 percent or may be more won't have a clue that what is it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom