What's new

Voting and standards for promotions.

ptldM3

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
From spending 7+ years on this forum, I have seen it all. I have experienced the positive aspects of this forum and the negative.

I am proposing a minimum of atleast 2 years on the forum and a voting system with polls. The moderators select members who they believe are worthy and regular members may suggest other worthy members that were overlooked. Members will vote on who gets promotions and respectfuly express why they believe a member deserves a promotion or why they do no and perhaps the voting can be limited to senior members that have been around long enough to know who is who and who they vote for and the end senior moderators or the admin will decide who, if anyone is promoted.

In regards to negative, I have noticed new members that have poor English that are being promoted to moderators or other positions.How does this happen? Posting pictures and getting tons of likes is not a valid reason for a promotion.

Should there not be a minimum in English proficiency and a minimum time on this forum to be given such privileges? What about behavioral issues? I would surly hope that moderators have atleast 2-3 years on the forum before they are allowed to delete/flag much more senior and respected members. I have also noticed one member which I won't name that was promoted to moderator that has repeatedly used racial slurs and insults against me and other members prior to being promoted. It is rare but other members such as military professionals and Think Tanks have tendencies to give negative rating for anything they don't agree with. This is wrong and an abuse of power.

@Horus @Zaki @Slav Defence @Deino any input?

Last edited:
Bro havent you grasped the new reality yet. The old guard of PDF has fallen. The surviving old samurais are now lone ronins in this new anarchy. We take things as they come. We tackle them one by one, defeat them and survive. Its each man for himself. Those dreaming of the revival of the grand army should come out of fantasy and survive in the real world.

I have noticed new members that have poor English that are being promoted to moderators or other positions.How does this happen?

The right of management to run their forum as they wish must always be respected, including promotions such as moderators.

From spending 7+ years on this forum, I have seen it all. I have experienced the positive aspects of this forum and the negative.

I am proposing a minimum of atleast 2 years on the forum and a voting system with polls. The moderators select members who they believe are worthy and regular members may suggest other worthy members that were overlooked. Members will vote on who gets promotions and respectfuly express why they believe a member deserves a promotion or why they do no and perhaps the voting can be limited to senior members that have been around long enough to know who is who and who they vote for and the end senior moderators or the admin will decide who, if anyone is promoted.

In regards to negative, I have noticed new members that have poor English that are being promoted to moderators or other positions.How does this happen? Posting pictures and getting tons of likes is not a valid reason for a promotion.

Should there not be a minimum in English proficiency and a minimum time on this forum to be given such privileges? What about behavioral issues? I would surly hope that moderators have atleast 2-3 years on the forum before they are allowed to delete/flag much more senior and respected members. I have also noticed one member which I won't name that was promoted to moderator that has repeatedly used racial slurs and insults against me and other members prior to being promoted. It is rare but other members such as military professionals and Think Tanks have tendencies to give negative rating for anything they don't agree with. This is wrong and an abuse of power.

I would suggest you msg us (some of the mods along with webmaster) the real specific issues you are facing with respect to any mod with some examples in shape of links were you think unfair use of powers had happened. And mod selection is done through proper behind the scene discussions after someone nominates it. Its not that one of us just gives another one the title to become a mod and its gets done. But still we are human being, mistakes can be made. We have received similar complaints before and dealt accordingly.

I again suggest you do what i proposed above and let us look into it. You have been a member for a long time and have input to the forum considerably, thus we will definitely look into it and try to resolve the problems faced.

1-The induction method for title holder is actually very selective and systematic procedure.
2-Poster is being watched very carefully and after critical observation is selected for particular role to play.
3-On basis of talent and skills, each poster is assigned a group where he/she can work well.
4-Also, there are two ways of induction:

a) Procedure A:
The title holders suggests posters to management.The chairperson prepares the list and then discuss with webmaster and finally it is filtered furthermore and then the poster is promoted after observation and continuous short listing.

b) Procedure B: Management directly, without anyone's suggestion could either hire a volunteer from other sources due to expertise in IT or due to unavailability of talent within forum's talent pool.In this case, management may ignore some problems with the poster while seeing up his/her ability.That is why in some cases, some mods may have poor english or could be hot-headed but in case of ip look up, malware lookup, clearing up reports, dos and ddos attacks or policy making the poster is highly efficient.

5-When I came here and was promoted here as vice chairperson, I made sure that TTAs specially must be inducted on basis of their real life professional qualification and they must be at least masters, M.Phils or PHDs or atleast graduate with minimum 25 years of age...yet still I was disappointed to find behavioral issues in many cases.If we are talking about students, then they are not only giving us great output but showing up tendency as well to cooperate and to listen to the management.However, some older and qualified individuals are found to have difficulty to listen and to cooperate.

6-Every 'option' has a policy: be it rating or any other action or response mod has to generate.I was later on promoted as rating mod as I have prepared policy for rating which includes the rule of thumb that ratings cannot be given on basis of disagreement or for the sake of lobbying.In case if found, immediate demotions shall be granted.I was then given a full fledged responsibility of mod and since then only 3 posters have got temp ban by me due to severe abuse of language, racism etc.However, due to my job and other responsibilities, unfortunately I am not getting enough time to look into all of that.

I hope that a clear image has been developed in your mind.First thing we see is talent, intelligence and skills.Then behavior, temperament AND FINALLY language proficiency.If a poster shows us remarkable response in all such aspects then is given responsibility.

regards

Last edited:
If you would like to discuss this matter privately with me concerning who and what. Please let me know, i will create a private message with you.

Isn't it a bit too late for such a discussion? The damage has been done; it is not going to be easy to undo it, if at all it is possible to undo it.

Isn't it a bit too late for such a discussion? The damage has been done; it is not going to be easy to undo it, if at all it is possible to undo it.

We work with the forum we have, not the forum we wish we had, to paraphrase a famous quote. :D

What does it take to become a think tank?
OK, found out..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom