What's new

Vietnam provocation and what should China reaction?

That's obvious, the chinese can't match more experienced vietnamese force (regular force was in cambodia) but they suffer more then several hundreds of thousands, so in frustration they kill vietnamese civilian.

Some of the main points by a chinese veteran which he wrote 2 book (一個越戰傷兵的手記 and 食色).

Eleven Secrets From the 1979 Sino-Vietnamese War

1. The reason the war started has never been explained in an open, authoritative, or convincing way. The then Director of the General Staff and Operations Department, Zhang Sheng, states in his books “Coming out of the War” and “The Last Secret Agent in China” that not even the then-Minister of Defense knew why the authorities felt the need to launch the war.

2. Although China had absolute advantage in the number of troops and firepower, the goal of eliminating the two most powerful Vietnamese divisions 316A and 316B was not reached.

3. Advanced equipment was for decoration only. Back then, China had modern airplanes, tanks, and missiles but the commander was not familiar with combined operations and hence the equipment wasn’t used as effectively as it could have been. For example, when a blockade could be accomplished using an airplane, an infantry regiment was sent instead.

4. Terrible logistical support. The veteran said he was injured on February 19, 1979, but didn’t receive medical attention until February 27. He had only a sulfonamide antibiotic pill so the wound festered and eventually one of his toes had to be removed. Many soldiers went to war without basic first aid training. They didn’t know how to stop bleeding and hence some soldiers bled to death from not-so-severe wounds after being hit by landmines.

5. No strategy on how to mount an attack. When the war started, our troops walked into the battlefields like it was a military parade. I remember looking out and seeing our troops visible all over the mountains and plains. I was very angry and told the chief of staff, “Even a boy scout leader from a village could do a better job of commanding.” Our enemy could easily launch mass attacks at us, and cause huge casualties.

6. No control over light artillery and limited use of heavy artillery. There was so much control on the heavy artillery, such as 152 mm and 130 mm guns, that approval by the General Staff Department had to be obtained before use. Nonetheless, the number of soldiers ordered to charge the enemy lines was not limited.

7. Non-stop incidents of self-mutilation. To avoid going to war, some of the soldiers in Vietnam shot their own legs.

8. Compensation for wounded soldiers harkened back to Civil War time. The policies were completely outmoded. After I was injured, they only gave me 15 yuan (less than US $1.80), which is the standard of Huaihai Battle (1948-1949). It’s 1/100,000 of the U.S. and U.K. standard during that same period. I don’t think the difference in GDP between developed countries and China was that large back then.

9. Compensation for the death of a soldier equaled the price of a pig. For any soldier who died during the war, 300 yuan (US $37.50, using the 1980 exchange rate) was paid to the bereaved family.

10. The soldiers discharged because of injury live a miserable life. The first 10 years after I left the military, I only received 30 yuan (US $3.75, 1980 exchange rate), every year as compensation. In 2010, 31 years after I was injured, I received consolation gifts from the government worth US$47. That night, I was looking at the gifts and drinking by myself. While drinking, I started to cry. It’s been more than 30 years! Many of us veterans still don’t own a house or have a wife.

11. Books that document facts about the war are not allowed to be published. In 2010 I wrote “The Diary of A Wounded Soldier in the Vietnam War” based on my experiences as a soldier. The book was posted online and became a national hit, but I was told that it couldn’t be published. Books about the Vietnam War could not be so direct or blunt. The war could only be referred to as “the regional military conflict in the South.” A war in which several hundreds of thousands of soldiers shed blood or died could not be described truthfully. Then who will fight for you in the future?
blahblahblah,laughable vietnamese myths,lol ,where is the ture vietnamese soldiers after we slaughter 100,000 vietnamese?where is the revenge?the only thing they did is sitting on their own land?

Chinese actions are going to force the creation of a treaty organization along the lines of NATO to be created as a defense against its aggression at this rate.

Don't feel bad about that tag. Ottoman Empire kicked some serious a$$ at one time anyway and Turkey is rich and strong today too. On the other hand, China has always been and will always be the 'Sick man of the East'. Just that now they have an extensive, glossy makeover. Besides the media there is just a puppet and those pulling the strings won't allow negative reports.

All those fancy glass and steel towns u built :china: are just white elephants now aren't they? Go look up 'ghost towns in China'. Also read about the kinda trouble your economy will be coming up against shortly. Use google and not one of your local search engines.

And stop dissing the Turks over WW1. Your performance in WW2 was worse than humiliating. If only the Russians and the Americans hadn't gone up against Japan, u'd be having sushi for breakfast daily.

lol,we were called of "sick man of east asia" because we got 0 medals when we got into olympic games first time.now,it's different.
we were the master country of east asia for thousands of years except the mongol and manchus period,every one of our neighbour were our vassal country for thousands of years,no one can deny the truth.

blahblahblah,laughable vietnamese myths,lol ,where is the ture vietnamese soldiers after we slaughter 100,000 vietnamese?where is the revenge?the only thing they did is sitting on their own land?

11. Books that document facts about the war are not allowed to be published. In 2010 I wrote “The Diary of A Wounded Soldier in the Vietnam War” based on my experiences as a soldier. The book was posted online and became a national hit, but I was told that it couldn’t be published. Books about the Vietnam War could not be so direct or blunt. The war could only be referred to as “the regional military conflict in the South.” A war in which several hundreds of thousands of soldiers shed blood or died could not be described truthfully. Then who will fight for you in the future?

That's the experience from your own countryman. It is obvious truth hurts because of your middle kingdom' mindset.

That's the experience from your own countryman. It is obvious truth hurts because of your middle kingdom' mindset.
lol,our soldiers wrote many books,why did you choose this one?

lol,we were called of "sick man of east asia" because we got 0 medals when we got into olympic games first time.now,it's different.

Nope. You were sick man of asia because of opium, sick in mind and body. Even today it seems the effect of the opium still effect the chinese.

Nope. You were sick man of asia because of opium, sick in mind and body. Even today it seems the effect of the opium still effect the chinese.

sick in mind and body?maybe,but we weren't the sickest one defintely,at least our country didn't become a colony like many other countries,right?
and the story of "sick man of east asia" is because we got 0 medal in olympic games,why did you deny that?

lol,believe what you want to believe.we killed 100,000 vietnamese and completely destroyed many towns in vietnam and we leaved ,that's it.

we were the master country of east asia for thousands of years except the mongol and manchus period,every one of our neighbour were our vassal country for thousands of years,no one can deny the truth.

You earned the Sick Man of the East tag way back towards the end of the Qing dynasty when western powers were busy carving up huge slices out of your land without giving a second thought to what the Chinaman's take on it was. U seen that movie 1911 where that guy will run to every country in Europe begging the Europeans to reconsider their position on China? You were no better than lapdogs for the White men back then too, so quit talking about others here.

"we were the master country of east asia for thousands of years except the mongol and manchus period,every one of our neighbour were our vassal country for thousands of years,no one can deny the truth."

Yes no denying the truth, the Mongol hordes and later the Manchus were having a field day raping the Hans. Your Great Wall :hitwall::hitwall: didn't really serve its purpose.

lol,believe what you want to believe.we killed 100,000 vietnamese and completely destroyed many town in vietnam and we leaved ,that's it.

Of course we believe u guys did that, who says we don't believe it? The proper sentence should be "believe what you want to believe.we killed 100,000 vietnamese civilians and completely destroyed many undefended town in vietnam and we leaved before the valiant Vietnamese soldiers got there and spanked our a$$es:china:"

You earned the Sick Man of the East tag way back towards the end of the Qing dynasty when western powers were busy carving up huge slices out of your land without giving a second thought to what the Chinaman's take on it was. U seen that movie 1911 where that guy will run to every country in Europe begging the Europeans to reconsider their position on China? You were no better than lapdogs for the White men back then too, so quit talking about others here.

"we were the master country of east asia for thousands of years except the mongol and manchus period,every one of our neighbour were our vassal country for thousands of years,no one can deny the truth."

Yes no denying the truth, the Mongol hordes and later the Manchus were having a field day raping the Hans. Your Great Wall :hitwall::hitwall: didn't really serve its purpose.
lol,manchus are chinese,and we ruled them for 300 hundreds of years before they ruled us,mongols ruled everyone,even your indian mungal empire was created by a man who claim himself as descendant of chingis khan falsely.and we have ruled mongols for more than 300 years.

EY STOP DISSING TURKS JUST BECAUSE U GOT F.... BY VIETNAM , JAPAN ETC , OUR HISTORY IS MORE GLORIOUS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE , ATLEAST WE NEVER LOST TO A COUNTRY WITH 1/10 OF POPULATION 1/20 ECONOMY , HAHA MIGHTY CHINA BOW DOWN TO VIETNAM AND JAPAN , ESPECIALLY JAPAN , GO MANUFACTURE SOME IPHONES , OR COPY US TECH

Of course we believe u guys did that, who says we don't believe it? The proper sentence should be "believe what you want to believe.we killed 100,000 vietnamese civilians and completely destroyed many undefended town in vietnam and we leaved before the valiant Vietnamese soldiers got there and spanked our a$$es:china:"
Pretty much the whole story of their past, present & future ! They got spanked by the Mongols, invaded Tibet when no one was looking & overwhelmed us when Nehru was sleeping with their c*** then came 71 as the fear of the Soviets made them piss in their pants even at their HQ in Peking !

valiant vietnamese sodiers?in vietnam civillians=soldiers,american knew it,we knew it too.and where were the revenge from such"valiant vietnamese soldiers"?lmao.

EY STOP DISSING TURKS JUST BECAUSE U GOT F.... BY VIETNAM , JAPAN ETC , OUR HISTORY IS MORE GLORIOUS THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE , ATLEAST WE NEVER LOST TO A COUNTRY WITH 1/10 OF POPULATION 1/20 ECONOMY , HAHA MIGHTY CHINA BOW DOWN TO VIETNAM AND JAPAN , ESPECIALLY JAPAN , GO MANUFACTURE SOME IPHONES , OR COPY US TECH
we never lost the war with japan and vietnam.

Pretty much the whole story of their past, present & future ! They got spanked by the Mongols, invaded Tibet when no one was looking & overwhelmed us when Nehru was sleeping with their c*** then came 71 as the fear of the Soviets made them piss in their pants even at their HQ in Peking !

when did your mighty india made all your neighbours your vassal contry like china last time in your whole history?lol

Back
Top Bottom