Viet Nam
ASEAN Member States

ASEAN-Map(1).jpg

Brunei Darussalam

Head of State : His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah
Capital : Bandar Seri Begawan
Language(s) : Malay, English
Currency : B$ (Brunei Dollar)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Trade of Brunei Darussalam Website: www.mfa.gov.bn

Cambodia

Head of State : His Majesty King Norodom Sihamoni
Head of Government : Prime Minister Hun Sen
Capital : Phnom Penh
Language : Khmer
Currency : Riel
Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation of Cambodia Website: www.mfaic.gov.kh

Indonesia

Head of State : President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
Capital : Jakarta
Language : Indonesian
Currency : Rupiah
Department of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia Website: www.deplu.go.id

Lao PDR

Head of State : President Choummaly Sayasone
Head of Government : Prime Minister Thongsing Thammavong
Capital : Vientiane
Language : Lao
Currency : Kip
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lao PDR Website: www.mofa.gov.la

Malaysia

Head of Government : The Honourable Dato' Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak
Capital : Kuala Lumpur
Language(s) : Malay, English, Chinese, Tamil
Currency : Ringgit
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia Website: www.kln.gov.my

Myanmar

Head of State : President Thein Sein
Capital : Nay Pyi Taw
Language : Myanmar
Currency : Kyat
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Myanmar Website: www.mofa.gov.mm

Philippines

Head of State : President Benigno S. Aquino III
Capital : Manila
Language(s) : Filipino, English, Spanish
Currency : Peso
Department of Foreign Affairs of the Philippines Website: www.dfa.gov.ph

Singapore

Head of State : President Tony Tan Keng Yam
Head of Government : Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
Capital : Singapore
Language(s) : English, Malay, Mandarin, Tamil
Currency : S$ (Singapore Dollar)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Singapore Website: www.mfa.gov.sg

Thailand

Head of State : His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej
Head of Government : Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra
Capital : Bangkok
Language : Thai
Currency : Baht
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand Website: www.mfa.go.th

Viet Nam

Head of State : President Nguyen Minh Triet
Head of Government : Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung
Capital : Ha Noi
Language : Vietnamese
Currency : Dong
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Viet Nam Website: www.mofa.gov.vn

http://www.aseansec.org

I want to start this threat and open a discussion about ASEAN, especially Vietnam relation with ASEAN members. Their goals, policies, views as well as meetings with agenda especially on South China Sea issue.
In addition to the military buildup, Vietnam is making great diplomatic efforts to convince the world of its good intentions in the South China Sea.

All comments and contributions from everywhere are welcome!

Vietnamese Deputy FM supported to lead ASEAN
Thu, August 9, 2012,11:10 PM (GMT+0700)

image.jpg

Deputy Foreign Minister Le Luong Minh. Photo: VNA

Foreign ministers of ASEAN member countries are in favour of Vietnam’s nomination of its Deputy Foreign Minister Le Luong Minh as ASEAN Secretary-General for the 2013-2017 tenure.

The information was released by Foreign Ministry spokesperson Luong Thanh Nghi at a regular press briefing on August 9 in Hanoi.

The nomination, which was made during the recent 45 th ASEAN Ministerial Meeting, will be considered by high-ranking officials of ASEAN at the association’s 21 st Summit in Phnom Penh in November.

Responding to questions on reports that China sends a large number of fishing vessels to the East Sea, the spokesperson said, “all activities in the East Sea must be in accordance to international law, especially the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea and the spirit of the Declaration on Conduct of the Parties in the East Sea (DOC), on the basis of respecting the sovereignty, sovereign rights and jurisdiction of all countries, contributing to peace, stability in the region and preserving the maritime environment and resources”.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/cmlink/tuoitr...ese-deputy-fm-supported-to-lead-asean-1.82678

....all activities in the East Sea....

Did ASEAN nations vote for the name change from SCS to East Sea yet? If not, the spokesperson of Mr Le Luong Minh, the nominee for ASEAN Secretary-General, is already using the ASEAN name on Vietnam's behalf. I question where his loyalties lies if he gets elected.

Did ASEAN nations vote for the name change from SCS to East Sea yet? If not, the spokesperson of Mr Le Luong Minh, the nominee for ASEAN Secretary-General, is already using the ASEAN name on Vietnam's behalf. I question where his loyalties lies if he gets elected.
Bcz VN control the largest part and all important part of SCS(east sea), so it's OK to call SCS as East sea. It belongs to us anyway:coffee:
778px-Spratly_with_flags.jpg

Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize that your words can be interpreted in many different ways.

Could you educate me which part of SCS is the largest and most important?

That's why I said:"it's OK to call SCS as East sea".

Its name is SCS but VN is controlling largest and most important part now.:coffee:

The Vietnamese Deputy FM will become the next ASEAN Secretary-General for the 2013-2017 tenure. We still have 2012. If he gets eclected, he will speak on ASEAN´s behalf.
Personally I prefer the name: East Vietnam Sea.

:rofl:

Sorry, my bad. I didn't realize that your words can be interpreted in many different ways.

Could you educate me which part of SCS is the largest and most important?
Spratly is the largest and most important part . Most of China's merchant ships and oil tanker from Middle east to china must pass through VN's EEZ between our coast and Vanguard bank.

If we cover this area with sea mine or use our anti-ship missile to shoot china ships and oil tanker passing through, then china's economy will collapse:coffee:

check again our EEZ(green line) and china's oil route here.
090513085915_south_china-sea_bbc466.gif

Pacific%2Bsea%2Blanes.gif

Is your Naval mine intelligent enough to differentiate Chinese cargo ships vs other countries' vessels? Do you have the ability to manufacture image senors used to identify national flags? If not, you can always ask your sailors to aboard the mines and manually detonate them since you don't want to accidentally hit other countries' ships, right?

Is your Naval mine intelligent enough to differentiate Chinese cargo ships vs other countries' vessels? Do you have the ability to manufacture image senors used to identify national flags? If not, you can always ask your sailors to aboard the mines and manually detonate them since you don't want to accidentally hit other countries' ships, right?
Hehe, we're strong enough to even defeat US seven fleet during VN war, so let alone your cheap cargo ships and oil tanker.

We will hit any one we like except Russia-India ships,even US seven fleet is not our problem so what else can make us worry about ??

Bcz VN control the largest part and all important part of SCS(east sea), so it's OK to call SCS as East sea. It belongs to us anyway:coffee:

Sure, soon or later Vietnam will control the world according to you.

Weren't you the one who claimed you will control Singapore and the Malacca and kill off all Chinese including the ones in your country?

Sure, soon or later Vietnam will control the world according to you.

Weren't you the one who claimed you will control Singapore and the Malacca and kill off all Chinese including the ones in your country?
Singapore is too tiny too raise her voice, anyway, your're not Singaporean but china 50cent army, just sit and wait until Russia finishs building our sub-marine base ,then you will have the answer soon:coffee:

We only keep good chinese who willing support VN, bad chinese will have No chance to live in ASEAN. you can learn lesson from chinese in VN-Laos-Camb-Thailand's border in 1979

Interesting! Could you share some links on how you defeated the US 7th fleet? They are ideal for bedtime reading.

I am expecting cheers from Indians since they are just granted freedom of navigation in SCS.

Hehe, we're strong enough to even defeat US seven fleet during VN war, so let alone your cheap cargo ships and oil tanker.

We will hit any one we like except Russia-India ships,even US seven fleet is not our problem so what else can make us worry about ??

Back
Top Bottom