What's new

Veteran actor Pran passes away at 93

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Veteran actor Pran passes away at 93

Veteran Bollywood actor Pran, who made a mark for himself portraying strong negative and supporting roles, passed away at the age of 93 on Friday evening after prolonged illness.

The actor passed away at the Lilavati hospital in Mumbai, where he was undergoing treatment.

According to reports, the last rites of the actor will be conducted at 12 noon at the Shivaji Park crematorium in Mumbai on Saturday.

Pran has been known for remarkable roles in Bollywood hits like Zanjeer, Don, Amar Akbar Anthony, among hundreds others.

Great Actor, great loss to film industry and nation. :cry: We will miss the legend who made us love and hate the Villains of the Indian Movies.. Salute

Great Actor, great loss to film industry and nation. :cry:

Never understand what people mean by "great loss" under these circumstances. He was 93, lived a full life and while this marks an continuing end of an era, we must learn to celebrate such lives rather than mourn their passing, however sad.

Never understand what people mean by "great loss" under these circumstances. He was 93, lived a full life and while this marks an continuing end of an era, we must learn to celebrate such lives rather than mourn their passing, however sad.

I know he was 93 years old and saw everything in life. Bold Part: Last year, my father passed away & no one can take his place in my LIFE. I hope it will make you understand why people say GREAT LOSS.

I know he was 93 years old and saw everything in life. Bold Part: Last year, my father passed away & no one can take his place in my LIFE. I hope it will make you understand why people say GREAT LOSS.

I'm sorry to hear about your father & I certainly don't belittle the personal loss that death brings. I was referring to your statement that it was a loss to the industry & country. Nothing else.

I think u said something, he understood something and he said something u understood something! :D

On topic - Bollywood loses another legend.

Sorry to hear that!! But don't worry, he'll always be there protecting you. That's what a father is.

Used to love his movies growing up . He was able to make you hate his character to an extent that you wanted to kill him . Brilliant actor. RIP

Sorry to hear about your loss, but i feel bangalore was trying to make a different point here.

RIP ... thank you for entertaining us with your powerful performances !!!

RIP.... my mom watches these really old movies, I know him from there... he was a great villain.....

361792-veteran-actor-pran-in-hospital.jpg

RIP. He was perhaps the most interesting and versatile villain in Indian cinema (or Bollywood atleast).

Growing up in Lahore, I watched the weekly Indian movie broadcast from Door Darshan - Amritsar. Since I could easily climb to the roof, I had the unpleasant duty to 'calibrate' the TV antenna (yes we had those once upon a time) so that both PTV Lahore and DD - Amritsar had best possible reception.

Back
Top Bottom