What's new

V K Singh joins BJP, will he be Next Defence Minister of Country?

Aarush

Reaction score
Country
India
BJP chief Rajnath Singh Saturday inducted former Army Chief Gen V K Singh into the party along with over 100 other ex-servicemen.

“In today’s circumstances, the BJP alone is the nationalist alternative working in national interest. We ex-servicemen, who have served on borders, should work with nationalist forces. So, we decided to move with BJP to bring a government which is stable, strong and takes decisions in national interest,” Gen Singh said. “I am confident we can achieve this dream,” he said, invoking Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan, “Jai jawan, jai kisan, jai vigyan”.

A clutch of BJP supporters also resorted to sloganeering — “Desh ka raksha mantri kaisa ho, General V K Singh jaisa ho” — suggesting that V K Singh be made Defence Minister if the BJP comes to power.

Welcoming the former Army chief into the party, Rajnath praised the armed forces for their discipline and bravery and charged the UPA regime for leaving “holes” in the national security framework. He also deplored the alleged kickbacks in the procurement of armaments.

V K Singh joins BJP , Will he be Next Defence Minister of the country ? | idrw.org

This can be dangerous......

A retd. Army General would have leanings towards Army which in turn can effect modernization of IAF & IN.

A neutral person would be a better DM.

A retd. Army General would have leanings towards Army which in turn can effect modernization of IAF & IN.

No in other way its good that a person who comes from the force will have better understanding about the requirement and modernization of defence forces and there would not be any mistrust between defence minister and armed forces unlike antony and navy. it doesn't matter whether he belongs to Army , IAF or Navy..

LOL. By that logic, a laywer would have learning towards bureaucrats. The only 'neutral' person you would be able to find is one who has no job. Rahul Gandhi would fit the bill perfectly. :P

I always felt a guy the defense establishment is better suited for the job of DM. He would better understand the urgent need for modernization :what:

LOL. By that logic, a laywer would have learning towards bureaucrats. The only 'neutral' person you would be able to find is one who has no job. Rahul Gandhi would fit the bill perfectly. :P

Do you know why we aren't able to make a Chief of Defense Staff till now? B'coz the Army insist that since it has the lion's share of personnel in armed forces, the position should be given to the Army for ever. Also there were reports that during Kargil war, Army & AF had many differences & it was the GOI that had to sort things out. A retd. Army chief as DM MIGHT not go well with the IAF & IN & can result in friction between our three forces......Think over it.

Do you know why we aren't able to make a Chief of Defense Staff till now? B'coz the Army insist that since it has the lion's share of personnel in armed forces, the position should be given to the Army for ever. Also there were reports that during Kargil war, Army & AF had many differences & it was the GOI that had to sort things out. A retd. Army chief as DM MIGHT not go well with the IAF & IN & can result in friction between our three forces......Think over it.

In our defence structure the role of the army chief is to ensure primacy to people under his command. So if the army chief has done that, he is just doing his job.

Everybody has differences, especially a room full of Alpha males. The role of the GoI is to sort it out.

A man who was promoted to be the army chief will have enough sense to know he is no more the army chief but the defence minister of India and will act accordingly. If he can not then he would not have been suitable even for an army chief's role. Think about that.

About time we have a person from Defence Forces to look after the defence needs of our country. Both Modi and Gen. Singh emphasize on indigenous production and allowing private players in Defence area. Might just turn out a good step for our country.

its a welcome step....why can't a chief of any three forces become a defence minister.
he better knows the army and i am sure as an retired general he must be aware about the feelings and sensitivity of issues within the forces (IAF.Army or Navy). Our forces should also given the opportunity to serve nation even after retirement.

by this logic if a cricketing background player becomes the head of sport ministry then he will not take care of other sports... as a sport person he should and as an retired general V.K Singh too take care about the other forces.
only a chief of a force can better understand the need of the chief of other force.

The Gen has made a mistake. The extremist Hindu mafia controlling BJP will make mince meat out of him. Another forthright Rajput soldier, Jaswant Singh,in spite of his RAW background could not last. India, and SA, would have found peace and progress if the Hindu religious zeaots did not get after him for his forthright narrations in the book "Jinnah".

In our defence structure the role of the army chief is to ensure primacy to people under his command. So if the army chief has done that, he is just doing his job.

Everybody has differences, especially a room full of Alpha males. The role of the GoI is to sort it out.

A man who was promoted to be the army chief will have enough sense to know he is no more the army chief but the defence minister of India and will act accordingly. If he can not then he would not have been suitable even for an army chief's role. Think about that.

Well only two things can happen - Either I will be proved right or you would be proved wrong :D

Anyways, my arguments apart, I seriously doubt if he will be made DM, just my instinctive feeling.

P.S. you can bookmark my post for future reference :D

The Gen has made a mistake. The extremist Hindu mafia controlling BJP will make mince meat out of him. Another forthright Rajput soldier, Jaswant Singh,in spite of his RAW background could not last. India, and SA, would have found peace and progress if the Hindu religious zeaots did not get after him for his forthright narrations in the book "Jinnah".

It's amazing I'm in this place with you I just can't crack your code.- Magna Carta

Would be great if Gen becomes the Defence minister. To have an expert in that particular field is an added advantage... & it's the norm in most of the developed countries.

But I don't see it's happening in India. Defence ministry is one of the most lucrative ministries & is always us a commodity to barter with political allies. I hope this changes under Modi's rule.

Would be great if Gen becomes the Defence minister. To have an expert in that particular field is an added advantage... & it's the norm in most of the developed countries.

But I don't see it's happening in India. Defence ministry is one of the most lucrative ministries & is always us a commodity to barter with political allies. I hope this changes under Modi's rule.

No matter what, BJP will keep these four ministries for itself - External Affairs, Defense, Home & Finance. It's too dangerous to give them to regional parties, just like Congress did.

Back
Top Bottom