What's new

US wants to offer best defence technology to India: Pentagon

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

Ahead of a high-level strategic defence dialogue, the United States on Friday said it wants to offer top-of-the-shelf military technology to India.

The offer was made by Under Secretary of Defence for Policy Michele Flournoy just before Defence Minister A K Antony arrives here heading a high-level military delegation for talks with his US counterpart Robert Gates.

"As we go forward, we are looking for ways to support India's military modernisation," Flournoy said as Washington hopes to bag substantial contracts in India's massive military modernisation programme running into billions of dollars.

"We want to be able to be in a position to offer India the best technology available to cooperate with them on development of their defence capabilities and to continue to work as partners in, whether it's counter piracy operations, maritime security operations, peacekeeping and so forth," said Flournoy, who was recently in India.

"I had a very positive trip in New Delhi. I think there is great potential for further deepening and strengthening of the cooperation between India and the United States, particularly in the defence domain," she said.

"The truth is the relationship has already grown substantially in recent years in terms of the amount of exercising we are doing together and cooperation in various domains," she said.

"I think when you look at US interests, Indian interests, our values, democratic values, there is a lot of strong commonality that I think creates a foundation for cooperation," she added.

:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited:

Ahead of a high-level strategic defence dialogue, the United States on Friday said it wants to offer top-of-the-shelf military technology to India.

The offer was made by Under Secretary of Defence for Policy Michele Flournoy just before Defence Minister A K Antony arrives here heading a high-level military delegation for talks with his US counterpart Robert Gates.

"As we go forward, we are looking for ways to support India's military modernisation," Flournoy said as Washington hopes to bag substantial contracts in India's massive military modernisation programme running into billions of dollars.

"We want to be able to be in a position to offer India the best technology available to cooperate with them on development of their defence capabilities and to continue to work as partners in, whether it's counter piracy operations, maritime security operations, peacekeeping and so forth," said Flournoy, who was recently in India.

"I had a very positive trip in New Delhi. I think there is great potential for further deepening and strengthening of the cooperation between India and the United States, particularly in the defence domain," she said.

"The truth is the relationship has already grown substantially in recent years in terms of the amount of exercising we are doing together and cooperation in various domains," she said.

"I think when you look at US interests, Indian interests, our values, democratic values, there is a lot of strong commonality that I think creates a foundation for cooperation," she added.

This offer is so tempting.I so wish the Americans were more relaible.
:what::usflag:

US has to be relaible as it foresees a great market with India in terms of defence acquisitions and will thrive to gain as much as possible, though it's known for their lack of support and coordination but still if we can get the best out of whatever they have to offer then I'd say to go for it... But will all the evaluation that's needed... Withought any doubt US has the most modern weaponary the world has to offer and with it comes a greater amount of precautions to be taken...

Be careful India... we took this offer but we became slaves... now they dropped us, perhaps they want to use you... be careful

Be careful India... we took this offer but we became slaves... now they dropped us, perhaps they want to use you... be careful
I think it's more of a balance issue with China rather than Pakistan. US has interests in Pakistan via stability of Afghanistan and a foothold in the region.

US cant stay in Afghanistan
but need to counter china and Pakistan so US will try his best to strengthen india against china and Pakistan.
Dobtey ko tinkey ka sahara

but need to counter china and Pakistan so US will try his best to strengthen india against china and Pakistan.

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WE ARE DROWNING IN DEBT. MAY BE PAKISTAN CAN LEND US SOME MONEY FOR OUR DEFENCE AS THEY HAVE A LOT.!!!!!

US to counter pakistan.......lol. they already have ur bases boss. killing so many peoples daily. time to do some introspection

Ah, the Candy-store Man wants to open his store. Let us see what is 'really' on offer.

Thanks for the concern mate.
I would rather worry about the fact that China is in the position where once US was sometime ago.And gud chance China may be in a position someday in future where US is now vis-a -vis Pakistan.

India can take care of itself.But appreciate the concern.:pakistan:

i know now I am going to hear great love story of two brothers.:partay:

Since the time immomerial Indian are being called as a protectionist state, but iwonder who is the real protectionist here.

If Bush was there for another term then we would have had all the restrictions eased by now.

Obama is a more confused person thatn confident.

and this will "Change" ..:P

Back
Top Bottom