What's new

US threatens sanctions over Iran gas deal

as for TAPI -- well...lolz...

Let me tell you something about TAPI.

-TAPI is totally un feasible. Iran project is, not just for Pakistan but india too --which is heavily reliant on natural gas and also facing dwindling supply.

-Afganistan's political situation is bad.

-Daultabad field of Turkimanistan is not correctly evaluated, South Pars is correctly evaluated.

-Daultabad field is already providing gas to Russia. Its not feasible to invest US$7 Billion on it.
TAPI is a waste of time, its just Asian Development Bank and US which are interested in it.

-biggest irony here; the US-sponsored initiative was only feasible during Taleban rule in Afghanistan -- when there was 'relative' peace there

:)

Why US? its not like we are giving them acess to our NUKES

It is not about nukes anymore. They already know that they can not take on Pakistan directly like Iraq and Libya. Pakistan is a powerful nuclear state. So they have now planned to defeat Pakistan by economic means and tools. They are choking Pakistan by restricting its access to energy. Kind of like stabbing in the back.

It is not about nukes anymore. They already know that they can not take on Pakistan directly like Iraq and Libya. Pakistan is a powerful nuclear state. So they have now planned to defeat Pakistan by economic means and tools. They are choking Pakistan by restricting its access to energy. Kind of like stabbing in the back.

And nefarious unwarrented propaganda

American ki **** some one need to learn them leasson and hard way

Talk about double standards!!!!!!Americans are like ''we can arm your enemy but, don't you even think about talking to our enemy''

ek to aid lete ho,weapons lete ho,wahan ki citizenship lete ho,wahan padne ke liye jaate ho....upar se galiyan nikalte ho.

Whatever US gives Pakistan is being used for US objectives, hardly anything is left for Pakistan out of it. And the actions of a few is different from the national interests of a state. All humans are free to roam the earth. British were here for 300 years. If a few Pakistani students go to US it is not the end of the world. But Pakistan's national interests have also to be taken into account. Europeans were buying gas from Soviet Union during cold war and US was opposed to it. But never US threatened EU with sanctions.

Whatever US gives Pakistan is being used for US objectives, hardly anything is left for Pakistan out of it. And the actions of a few is different from the national interests of a state. All humans are free to roam the earth. British were here for 300 years. If a few Pakistani students go to US it is not the end of the world. But Pakistan's national interests have also to be taken into account. Europeans were buying gas from Soviet Union during cold war and US was opposed to it. But never US threatened EU with sanctions.

That's not your best - Akhand has a point, why not just acknowledge it - after all - we don't go to US to "roam" the world - and yes, US works for it's interests, so why not argue that Pakistan does as well.

Talk about double standards!!!!!!Americans are like ''we can arm your enemy but, don't you even think about talking to our enemy''

Funny because that's exactly what we think of them too and with a pinch of anger because of all the "arming" being done for free.

Anyway,I'm curious as to why you refuse to see Iran in the same light;They deal with the "enemy" way more that the United States and have shot down Kashmir resolutions at the UN more than once.

That's not your best - Akhand has a point, why not just acknowledge it - after all - we don't go to US to "roam" the world - and yes, US works for it's interests, so why not argue that Pakistan does as well.

I never refuted what US has given to Pakistan and the world. PIA was the first air line in the Asia to have jetliners thanks to US, much before Japanese or others. This is not the point here. Though we have lots of mis-management and corruption. But despite all this, US should not demand Pakistan stuff which can uproot the national economy. This is the point I am making. Allies should the capacity to compromise and they can not compromise on issues vital to the other party, then they should compensate.

I agree and we should justify our view with our interests - I have been saying this for a while that this "allies" business is just plain bad business.

I wonder how the so called allies in the gulf and arabian peninsula will react to US sanctions and physical threats to the pipeline

Funny because that's exactly what we think of them too and with a pinch of anger because of all the "arming" being done for free.

Anyway,I'm curious as to why you refuse to see Iran in the same light;They deal with the "enemy" way more that the United States and have shot down Kashmir resolutions at the UN more than once.

Off topic. Iran was at odd with Pakistan over Afghanistan issue and the internal politics between Iran and Pakistan caused it, the politics having its roots in 1980's US guided Iran containment policies. By the ways we all know UN resolutions are meaningless to India which does not honor UN. Otherwise the first Kashmir resolution passed and still there, calls on India to conduct a referendum under UN auspices and give right of choosing to Kashmiris. India has not yet implemented the first resolution. There is alot in common between India and Israel with regard to UN.

I agree and we should justify our view with our interests - I have been saying this for a while that this "allies" business is just plain bad business.

I wonder how the so called allies in the gulf and arabian peninsula will react to US sanctions and physical threats to the pipeline

Yeah, that is the truth. True allies do not feast on weaknesses of their friends be those weaknesses poverty or corruption. They try to guide them out of it. Anyways. About the allies in Gulf, nothing is expected of them. They are too weak to be able to do anything and they are themselves client states. Whatever is to be done has to be done by Pakistanis themselves.

The Dauletabad field has been cited as a possible supply source for the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline, but according to the Asian Development Bank, the field's production forecasts are "lower than expected" and that "production is predicted to decline

Back
Top Bottom