boomslang

Reaction score
Country
United States
US officers killed 2 Yemenis during April abduction attempt
Published May 10, 2014
FoxNews.com

sanaa2.jpg

May 8, 2014: U.S. Marines on the roof of the Sheraton Sana'a Hotel where U.S. diplomats and embassy staffers stay in Sana'a.reuters

WASHINGTON – Two officers at the U.S. Embassy in Yemen shot and killed a pair of armed Yemeni civilians during an attempted abduction of the Americans at a Sanaa business last month, the State Department said Friday.

The officers have left Yemen, Marie Harf, a spokeswoman for the State Department, said in a statement. No other details were provided.

Citing unidentified U.S. officials, The New York Times reported that the Americans were a CIA officer and a lieutenant colonel with the elite Joint Special Operations Command who were visiting a barber shop in an upscale district in Yemen's capital.

The American officials reportedly said the officers were simply getting a haircut at the time of the shooting.

Within days of the shooting both Americans left Yemen with the approval of the Yemeni government, the newspaper reported. It said the shooting occurred on April 24.

Earlier this week, the U.S. Embassy in Sanaa closed temporarily because of attacks on Westerners. A day before Tuesday's closure, gunmen opened fire on three French security guards working with the European Union mission in the Yemeni capital, killing one and wounding another.

The U.S. has waged a heavy campaign of drone strikes in Yemen against the group al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula. This month the Yemeni government has been waging an offensive against the militant group, and violence around the country has been on an upswing.

On Friday, gunmen believed to be Al Qaeda militants ambushed the motorcade of Yemen's defense minister in the Mahfad region, officials said. The assassination attempt failed.

Later in the day, a security checkpoint near the presidential palace in Sanaa came under attack and at least two policemen died. A night earlier in Sanaa, two Al Qaeda militants from Marib province were killed in clashes with security men, the Interior Ministry said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Nice shooting, boys !! Keep up the good work !! :guns:

These jihadis suck at fighting. They aren't fighters at all. Same thing happened in the Raymond Davis case in Pakistan.

The only way they can kill is by suicide bombing, car bombing, IED blasts etc.

Last edited:
Someone highly trained against an average Achnod is no contest. Two to the chest before he even knows what hit him.

No Muslim, no religious :lol: Your answer shows the interesting IQ of yours :rofl:

Like I said to @Aslan yesterday, these kind of people are no Muslims.

Your a Muslim by name, you don't practice it, you use some parts of it for nationalistic causes but that's all you do, probably fast for fun. You will say your a Muslim when asked since it has become like a nationality these days which you can't get rid off easily, but aside from playing Vahabi it's something personal IMO.

Your a Muslim by name, you don't practice it, you use some parts of it for nationalistic causes but that's all you do, probably fast for fun. You will say your a Muslim when asked since it has become like a nationality these days which you can't get rid off easily, but aside from playing Vahabi it's something personal IMO.

Easy on fatwas, get back to the topic.

I don't care about what you say to anyone. Stick these words to yourself, no body is in need for this ill advice of yours.

Your a Muslim by name

I never confirmed or denies such fact.

you don't practice it, you use some parts of it for nationalistic causes but that's all you do, probably fast for fun

Again, you might want to wait and see for a little while to make sure if I practice Islam or not, otherwise issuing random emotional " Fatwas " - particularly by an Iraqi - won't be received positively :lol:

We aren't living in Iraq whereby people can easily call upon the death of their own fellow countrymen because they disagree with them.

You will say your a Muslim when asked since it has become like a nationality these days which you can't get rid off easily

If Islam became more or less like a nationality, then I'm sure the average Muslim won't side idly, whenever your kinsmen are caught at each other's throat.

I never confirmed or denies such fact.

No one does, you get to know someones political ideology and religious beliefs by reading his posts.

Again, you might want to wait and see for a little while to make sure if I practice Islam or not,
So do you practice Islam or not ?

We aren't living in Iraq whereby people can easily call upon the death of their own fellow countrymen because they disagree with them.
Neither are we in a backward state where you get lashes, we're on the internet here.

If Islam became more or less like a nationality, then I'm sure the average Muslim won't side idly, whenever your kinsmen are caught at each other's throat.
Due to Muslim being used as part of someones identity even for non religious people, people like you call themselves Muslim, no such thing as a non religious 'Muslim', that's a contradiction.

Is it hard for you to admit that you simply are no Muslim ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom