What's new

US offers India the Aegis Combat System, the world’s most advanced shipboard weapons

sir why do u want to derail the thread, its India's money and we will deside what to do with it

thanks

The problem with democracy is that people who are hungry do not care about who is in power and who is feeding them. So their votes can easily be bought. In ancient Greece and medival England and colonial America, only land owners can vote. That is because illiterates have not knowledge of the system and they will vote blindly. As a result, the leaders chosen this way are a result of manipulation of ogliarchy.

In sum, I do not believe the masses in India is ready for democracy yet. Even though India had been a democracy for 60+ years. Ask the poorest of the poor would they rather have food, cloth, clean drinking water and safety vs the right to vote. They will all choose the former.

The problem with democracy is that people who are hungry do not care about who is in power and who is feeding them. So their votes can easily be bought. In ancient Greece and medival England and colonial America, only land owners can vote. That is because illiterates have not knowledge of the system and they will vote blindly. As a result, the leaders chosen this way are a result of manipulation of ogliarchy.

In sum, I do not believe the masses in India is ready for democracy yet. Even though India had been a democracy for 60+ years. Ask the poorest of the poor would they rather have food, cloth, clean drinking water and safety vs the right to vote. They will all choose the former.

u have a point ,but u see people have bear up with democracy for the past 60 years and have learned to make use of it .And the last time I checked the things u mentioned are becoming more accessible to my countrymen.U see if we had to live in slavery then what was wrong with Britishers.I dont think slavery imposed by own country men (china) is any better than foreign rule.In India we say, one who is living for eating is like an animal ,but only one who is eating to live can be called a human.This concept of more the consumption more the merrier does'nt hold true in life.Indians have never belived in it nor its gonna change in future.

Honestly you seems to be an informed person but for some reason being a little unfair to India and her achievements...Though i have no intention to correct you becuase you are free to have your own opinions but to be quite honest i being a tax payer in india is very happy even if my money is being wasted in trying to be indegenous..beacuse i consider it as a failure before success...Though you need to know a bit more about the way thihngs used to work in past and now as far as projects of DRDO is concerned....

Besides short range AGNI missiles the weapon system that you mentioned above are either join ventures, tested successfully in development but failed tests in deployment, under development or just test platforms. On some systems, India is behind that of Pakistan and Iran as these countries are capable of reverse engineering and improve on foreign supplied weapons. India have not shown such ability as its attempt to reverse engineer a rifle ended in failure. As such is the case, its best for India to work in joint veture proejcts. This method had produce Brahmos, which is the only current success of the systems you listed above.

Not really...if you think that countries like pakistan and Iran have better infrastructure to support defence projects than India than i am not sure if i can convince you otherwise but all i can say is that it would be a very big overstatement....as i said ....things work very different in India...Let me give you one example...our so called Kavery Engine...it was rejected for LCA in its current specifications(low thrust) but if you compare its current specifications with lets say the engine of Jf-17 it is not far behind.. In fact it can give it run for its money..... In other words what we call a failure is/can be considered success by others...Secondly since we are democracy our govt. is obliged to inform abouit failures and success of DRDO unlike few countries who inform only about success...

anyways there is a huge list of succesful projects of DRDO...here are few

WHAT

[Mods] : Apologies for pasting some other defence forum link here...

Its just not fair to the tax payers of India to spend so much to produce so little results. I am not suggesting that India should just give up. But it should concern more about developing research abilities on things it can't procure and not spread out its research ability. For example, the investment in fighter air craft, tanks and nuclear subs should be narrow down to just nuclear subs because India can purchase more advance aircraft and tanks abroad. If the money and talent are concerntrated on things it cannot purchase, it would be a better use of talent, money and resources.

We disagree on the bolded part...In fact every single country including Pakistan(even at this point when they cannot spare money for R&D) would disagree...we all know that indegenous is the way to go..however one need to manage funds/threat preception very well...As of now the way things are folding out(booming econmomy..rising geo-politics stature..No sanctions...Russia...Eu..Israel...US defence industry offering products) its golden time for GOI to out as much funds as it can in R&D to make the most of it and give amazing boost to our indegenous industry...

u have a point ,but u see people have bear up with democracy for the past 60 years and have learned to make use of it .And the last time I checked the things u mentioned are becoming more accessible to my countrymen.U see if we had to live in slavery then what was wrong with Britishers.I dont think slavery imposed by own country men (china) is any better than foreign rule.In India we say, one who is living for eating is like an animal ,but only one who is eating to live can be called a human.This concept of more the consumption more the merrier does'nt hold true in life.Indians have never belived in it nor its gonna change in future.

First of all, good news for India getting offer the Aegis combat system

But out of curiosity, do you think the highlighted part made sense ?
some sad facts about hunger in India:

1.Hunger remains the No.1 cause of death in the world. Aids, Cancer etc. follow.

2.There are 820 million chronically hungry people in the world.

3.1/3% of the world’s hungry live in India

4.836 million Indians survive on less than Rs. 20 (less than half-a-dollar) a day

5.Over 200 millions Indians will sleep hungry tonight

6.10 million people die every year of chronic hunger and hunger-related diseases. Only eight percent are the victims of hunger caused by high-profile earthquakes, floods, droughts and wars

7.India has 212 million undernourished people – only marginally below the 215 million estimated for1990–92

8.99% of the 1000 Adivasi households from 40 villages in the two states, who comprised the total sample, experienced chronic hunger (unable to get two square meals, or at least one square meal and one poor/partial meal, on even one day in the week prior to the survey). Almost as many (24.1 per cent) had lived in conditions of semi-starvation during the previous month

9.Over 7000 Indians die of hunger every day

10.Over 2.5 millions Indians die of hunger every year

11.Despite substantial improvement in health since independence and a growth rate of 8 percent in recent years, under-nutrition remains a silent emergency in India, with almost 50 percent of Indian children underweight and more than 70 percent of the women and children with serious nutritional deficiencies as anemia.

12.The 1998 – 99 Indian survey shows 57 percent of the children aged 0 – 3 years to be either severely or moderately stunted and/or underweight

13.During 2006 – 2007, malnutrition contributed to seven million Indian children dying, nearly two million before the age of one

14.30% of newborn are of low birth weight, 56% of married women are anaemic and 79% of children age 6-35 months are anaemic

15.The number of hungry people in India is always more than the number of people below official poverty line (while around 37% of rural households were below the poverty line in 1993-94, 80% of households suffered under nutrition)

Hunger in India Danzinde

Is thats what you mean by some "happy life of human being" ? :smitten::pakistan::china:

1.Hunger remains the No.1 cause of death in the world. Aids, Cancer etc. follow.

4.836 million Indians survive on less than Rs. 20 (less than half-a-dollar) a day

6.10 million people die every year of chronic hunger and hunger-related diseases. Only eight percent are the victims of hunger caused by high-profile earthquakes, floods, droughts and wars

7.India has 212 million undernourished people – only marginally below the 215 million estimated for1990–92

8.99% of the 1000 Adivasi households from 40 villages in the two states, who comprised the total sample, experienced chronic hunger (unable to get two square meals, or at least one square meal and one poor/partial meal, on even one day in the week prior to the survey). Almost as many (24.1 per cent) had lived in conditions of semi-starvation during the previous month

11.Despite substantial improvement in health since independence and a growth rate of 8 percent in recent years, under-nutrition remains a silent emergency in India, with almost 50 percent of Indian children underweight and more than 70 percent of the women and children with serious nutritional deficiencies as anemia.

12.The 1998 – 99 Indian survey shows 57 percent of the children aged 0 – 3 years to be either severely or moderately stunted and/or underweight

13.During 2006 – 2007, malnutrition contributed to seven million Indian children dying, nearly two million before the age of one

14.30% of newborn are of low birth weight, 56% of married women are anaemic and 79% of children age 6-35 months are anaemic

15.The number of hungry people in India is always more than the number of people below official poverty line (while around 37% of rural households were below the poverty line in 1993-94, 80% of households suffered under nutrition)

Hunger in India Danzinde

Is thats what you mean by some "happy life of human being" ? :smitten::pakistan::china:

why r u posting such long posts does ur big papa pay u more for bigger posts like 1 cent per line or something like that.If not then why are u wasting cyber space with chinese rants.
do u get bonus also for festivals etc,can u demand extra money for good work or u simply get shot at point blank range.Though if I was ur slave general I would no rate this post much higher ,u see its the same rant u have posted 100 times earlier.Is it true u will be shot at if u dont produce new posts regularly,boy u are in dead trouble.Find some new stats and rants ,the clock is ticking.

why r u posting such long posts does ur big papa pay u more for bigger posts like 1 cent per line or something like that.If not then why are u wasting cyber space with chinese rants.
do u get bonus also for festivals etc,can u demand extra money for good work or u simply get shot at point blank range.Though if I was ur slave general I would no rate this post much higher ,u see its the same rant u have posted 100 times earlier.Is it true u will be shot at if u dont produce new posts regularly,boy u are in dead trouble.Find some new stats and rants ,the clock is ticking.

Sorry if i had hurt your feeling, but somehow being a self-proclaim

macho man, take the "Hard cold Facts" like a man instead of crying

like a spoiled brat, you gain more respect that way.

Counter my post with "Facts" not "Craps" please.

P.S. Congrates again for the potiential of getting "Aegis system".
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Sorry if i had hurt your feeling, but somehow being a self-proclaim

macho man, take the "Hard cold Facts" like a man instead of crying

like a spoiled brat, you gain more respect that way.

Counter my post with "Facts" not "Craps" please.

P.S. Congrates again for the potiential of getting "Aegis system".
:smitten::pakistan::china:

what is there to counter in ur post ,its a fact that India is poorer than China just as China is poorer than Skorea.There are 185 countries in the world some are more prosperous than others ,every country has a place under the sun.There is no way any sane person would repeat the urs "hard cold facts " again and again and again ,if it was not for monetory gain.Now u accept the "hard cold fact " that u work for 50 cent party ,and we have no objection to ur earning a living on rants and BS.Lwarn more about ur legendary organisation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent_PartyI dont think ur papa's google will allow u to see the link.

hey bro just ignore the troll don't replay always,

"If a dog barks @ sun, dogs mouth will get pain not the sun":cheers:

Hunger in India Danzinde

sir why do u want to derail the thread with so much off topic, mr. shchinese has been banned for same. hope u contribute constructively to the thread

thanks

yes you are right but there doent exist a system which is flawless even in china the have many probs like land sieze's and many more even they to have high poverty rate .but we have to spend money on defence becasue we have two countries pak and china we cant say how they will be at any times some times they are friendly so times they arnt and another is our is large country to defend so for that large amount of money need to be spent.

Hunger in India Danzinde

Wow...I didn't know all these horrific facts about India:cheesy:

How is it in Pakistan?? Or your true love China??

As a person who believe in democracy, even you have to use the term "bear up" and "use to" when it comes to describe how average people described democracy and India. Taiwan and South Korea didn't have democracy until early 1990s, when its economy had became much more developed India is today. If these countries had democracy since the 1950s, people would still be hungry and poverty would still be rampant like India. A country needs a strong and resolute leadership to take a country out of the malaise that India is today. Maybe India can find one through democracy, but that democratically elected leader must become a strongman to move the whole country. If the life of average Indians doesn't improve in 20 years while Indian rich occupy the top 10 of world's wealthiest persons, then there will be a revolution in India.

Offtopic rants started, can you guys discuss the topic please.

I am amazed to hear words on democracy from a Chinese.So who do you think is ready for democracy?? China?? if yes, then I think you know my next question...:oops:

No, those guys in China is way too poor to worry about the affairs of the state. Their first priority is to fill their stomach. maybe teh coastal cities are ready for democracy. But the country as a whole is totally not ready.

BTW, I'm an American of Taiwanese origin. In my humble opinion, I do understand as much if not more about democracy as compare to an average Indians and I understand the benefits and drawbacks of democracy. Do you ?

Back
Top Bottom