What's new

US National Debt:30Trillion

GDP is at 25 Trillion so not a big deal loser op.
Debt to GDP ratio is not good. It is 148%.
The reason why this is not a concern (large debt) is the reserve currency status of the dollar (the demand for US paper). That is what allows these massive debts to happen, without a shock to the system. US Debt is still considered one of the safest and liquid sovereign instruments for investments. If for some reason we see a slow down of treasury market purchasing - then things might get harder. But there too the US has enough allies in Europe and Japan as well as GCC to soften that blow and make up for any cooldown.
The US economy has many shock absorbers. Nevertheless the US needs to bring some fiscal balance to its house because too many of those shock absorbers are being tested, which historically was not the case. Taxes have to go up and entitlement programs will need to be cut - there is not way around that.

That is what allows these massive debts to happen, without a shock to the system.
That requires cooperation from US debt purchasers, which nowadays are less and less confident in US. More people see more recklessness in US government to abuse US debt owners for its own benefit. I, for one, am reducing my debt position.

56516-home-debt.png

56516-home-debt.png

This graph is very troubling. BTW those that are cheerleading the US demise, have not thought through the implications on every level. It wont be a pretty polka dots and unicorn world if the US slides from its power dominance. People's emotional reaction of thumbing the big guy on the block may feel good in the short run, but will make for a very choppy world to say the least. I just wished China and the US somehow managed to find a way to get together and compete fairly.

This graph is very troubling. BTW those that are cheerleading the US demise, have not thought through the implications on every level. It wont be a pretty polka dots and unicorn world if the US slides from its power dominance. People's emotional reaction of thumbing the big guy on the block may feel good in the short run, but will make for a very choppy world to say the least. I just wished China and the US somehow managed to find a way to get together and compete fairly.
Only when everyone takes the responsibility for his own actions, we could call it fair. So, if you wish some fairness, pray that Americans pay for the consequences of their government's reckless money printing.

Wait until paper money replaces toilet paper, Bitcoin and Ethereum is the answer.

GDP is at 25 Trillion so not a big deal loser op.
$25 trillion my foot, it's not even $23 trillion.
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 1.59.27 PM.png

the 2 to 3 trillion difference is bigger than some continents (combined). and the national debt is breaking $30 trillion. 🤦‍♂️

I ain't payin' for that shit with my tax money! 😑

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom