What's new

US encourages Israel-Arab alliance against Iran

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  • US encourages Israel-Arab alliance against Iran
    Home / Today's Paper / Top Story / US encourages Israel-Arab alliance against Iran
    February 19, 2017
    Print : Top Story
    l_187427_055607_print.jpg

Supports ‘regional’ solution to Israeli-Palestinian conflict;

remains committed to two-state solution

WASHINGTON: With a new leader in the White House bent on disrupting the status quo, could it also be time for a fresh approach to Middle East peace?

The United States this week encouraged a "regional" solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, backing a proposal for the Jewish state to unite with Arab powers against Iran, their common foe.

The first meeting at the White House between President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu took place on Wednesday, with the proceedings dominated by the US leader backing away from longstanding American policy of calling for a "two-state" solution.

Trump´s aides contributed to the confusion by stating that Washington remained committed to the two-state solution that remains a staple of Mideast diplomacy, but added that the administration was also open to alternative solutions.

Netanyahu was more specific in proposing a regional alliance to help attain peace in the Middle East -- a proposal that Trump called "a terrific thing" during their joint news conference on Wednesday. "We think the larger issue today is how we create the broader conditions for broad peace in the Middle East between Israel and the Arab countries," Netanyahu said Thursday on MSNBC.

"That´s something that may have a new opportunity because of the fact that many of the Arab countries now see Israel not as their enemy but as their ally in confronting the large threat of Iran and (the Islamic State group) -- that is, the twin Islamist forces that threaten all of us. That is bringing us closer together and may also help pave avenues for peace."

Trump affirmed that the United States would work "very, very diligently" on a "great peace deal" -- with his son-in-law Jared Kushner, who is Jewish, expected to lead the American effort.

The US president said Netanyahu´s proposal for a regional alliance was something that "hasn´t been discussed before," noting it would take in "many, many countries and it would cover a very large territory."

More specifically, Trump´s pick for US ambassador to Israel, lawyer David Friedman, has pushed for cooperation between Israel and Arab nations in opposing Iran.

"The Gulf States, the Egyptians, the Jordanians and the Israelis are all united, perhaps inadvertently so, but they´re all united in a common concern about Iran. Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism," Friedman said during his Senate confirmation hearing, during which he was grilled on his right-wing views.

"Trump has the potential to pull off a major diplomatic coup between Israel and the Gulf states in countering Iran´s threat," Jonathan Schanzer, vice president of research at the Foundation for Defence of Democracies, told AFP.

So sensitive is the issue that Israeli authorities rarely -- if ever -- specifically name Arab countries when speaking publicly on the subject, with the exception of Egypt and Jordan which have peace deals with Israel and maintain diplomatic relations.

Retired Saudi general Anwar Eshki met Israel´s then-foreign ministry director general Dore Gold in Jerusalem last July. The pair shared a stage a year earlier at a Washington think tank. At the time, they spoke of the peace process, stalled since 2014, and pledged to reinvigorate the Arab Peace Initiative.

Also known as the "Saudi initiative," the 2002 plan called for normalisation of relations between Israel and Arab states in exchange for a Palestinian state within the 1967 borders. The initiative was revived in July 2013 by then-US secretary of state John Kerry, prior to his mediating Israeli-Palestinian talks nine months later.

But now the Trump administration has an opportunity to push for the proposed US-Israeli-Arab alliance, said Robert Satloff, executive director of conservative think tank the Washington Institute for Near East Policy.

Israeli Minister Ayoob Kara, in a tweet, welcomed "the expected regional peace summit of Arab leaders in Washington. This is the new Trump-Netanyahu Middle East."

This is not good ... Our blind Arab leaders will bend upon to get this opportunity to kill our own shia community ... I feel ashamed to call myself a muslim when I see that we muslims are ready dying hard to shake hand with others to kill our own muslim brothers and sisters ...

On the other hand Iran will be shaking hand with Russia and China to kill Sunni brothers ... While middle east is in fire ,, peple from all over the world are getting benefits with the blood of muslims ...

We have forgotten that judgement is with Allah ... May Allah forgive us and show us the right path ...

This is not good ... Our blind Arab leaders will bend upon to get this opportunity to kill our own shia community ... I feel ashamed to call myself a muslim when I see that we muslims are ready dying hard to shake hand with others to kill our own muslim brothers and sisters ...

On the other hand Iran will be shaking hand with Russia and China to kill Sunni brothers ... While middle east is in fire ,, peple from all over the world are getting benefits with the blood of muslims ...

We have forgotten that judgement is with Allah ... May Allah forgive us and show us the right path ...

US encourages

Key word: Encourages

That doesn't mean it is going to happen. No Sunni country is going to war with Shias on the basis of Sectarianism because then they will be overthrown by the general population. People aren't idiots in the middle east.

That doesn't mean it is going to happen. No Sunni country is going to war with Shias on the basis of Sectarianism because then they will be overthrown by the general population. People aren't idiots in the middle east.
Brother i am afraid you are incorrect ... Whats happening in Syria Iraq Yemen and even by non state actors in Pakistan we are alreadyy at war ...

In history sunni iraq attacked shia countries and remaining muslim countries helped ... Unfortunately we have left the path of Allah ...

Iran and KSA both are finding excuses to wage war on each other and as per my assessment even general public opinion is also in same directions ... kSA is showing videos of sunnis being slaughtered in Syria and Iraq ...
Shia are showing videos of shia being slaughtered in Yemen and Iraq ...

Unfortunately, Kings and life president of MENA are not as smart as you.
they act first and then think about consequences.

you are right but that does not count for iran they are full secterian and they will do what they can to hurt "sunni"

Where would this leave the Sunni world? I am a sunni so this is vitally important to me. If the Sunni World allies itself with Israel against Iran, as a Sunni I would be in a spiritual crisis. Is this what is being engineered here?

Where would this leave the Sunni world? I am a sunni so this is vitally important to me. If the Sunni World allies itself with Israel against Iran, as a Sunni I would be in a spiritual crisis. Is this what is being engineered here?
They are and actually have been in cahoots with Israel against Iran for a long time.

They are and actually have been in cahoots with Israel against Iran for a long time.

I have heard and read that too but not seen it explicitly. I could infer it in many cases but the reality of it is such that I would have to see it with my own eyes to believe it. In a middle East sectarian war Muslims, both Sunni and Shia, will be the losers and Israel will achieve a huge victory.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/saudi-arabia-and-israel-anti-iran-alliance-2017-2
https://worldisraelnews.com/saudi-minister-biggest-threat-is-not-israel-but-iran/
http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Li...Saudi-ministers-at-security-conference-481884

Reading this stuff is one thing but for the Arab world to ally itself with Israel against Iran in a real shooting war would be quite another thing. It would leave no room for benefit of the doubt. Am I , as a Sunni Muslim, supposed to ally myself with Zionist Israel and congratulate the Gulf Arab Sunnis for doing the same? That is not what I understand about Islam, in fact it is the opposite of what I have learned about my religion. This is upside down.

Reading this stuff is one thing but for the Arab world to ally itself with Israel against Iran in a real shooting war would be quite another thing. It would leave no room for benefit of the doubt. Am I , as a Sunni Muslim, supposed to ally myself with Zionist Israel and congratulate the Gulf Arab Sunnis for doing the same? That is not what I understand about Islam, in fact it is the opposite of what I have learned about my religion. This is upside down.

Don't believe their bullshit mate. They are just a bunch of Anti-Arab and Anti-Sunni's.

Don't believe their bullshit mate. They are just a bunch of Anti-Arab and Anti-Sunni's.
some people denied sun in the sky in the middle of noon.

maybe you need translator for the meaning of the song.

so, you denied this photos and videos.

Back
Top Bottom