What's new

US emerging as 'food-stamp country'

fd24

Reaction score
US emerging as 'food-stamp country'

Using food stamps have become very common in many parts of the United States.The United States has gradually become a food-stamp nation as high costs and lower wages make the lives of average citizens more challenging.

According to a recent report published by Reuters on Monday, there are over 46 million people in the US living on food stamps, which means that about 15 percent of the country's population can only afford their living expenses through government handouts.

The figure indicates a 74-percent rise in the number of food stamp recipients since 2007, just before the financial crisis and a deep recession hit the US, leading to mass job losses.

About 40 percent of American recipients of supplemental nutrition assistance are those households that have at least one wage earner but could still hardly afford monthly rent and utility payments.

The maximum amount a family-of-four can receive in monthly food stamps is $668, which can only be used to purchase food.

In May 2011, a third of all the people in the state of Alabama were put on food coupons. Many of them were those that were hit by a series of devastating tornadoes.

The United States Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, commonly known as the Food Stamp Program, is a program that provides assistance to low- and no-income people and families living in the US.

This is what Osama and the talebans in the lat ten years have reduced America to. But if you listened to american propaganda they are winning the war :cry:

well nothing to laugh about.we shoulnt be happy on other peolles sufferings specially if they are ordinary civilians.

and yes USA has lost more than they have gained with this WOT
Too much spending on a super exaggerated threat.

I visited 20 year ago, and the stigma of using food stamps was so bad that people would avoid using them. Now they are widespread.

I was there last year and I was shocked at the low wages and high prices.

People labouring in the heat for $8 per hour.

I visited 20 year ago, and the stigma of using food stamps was so bad that people would avoid using them. Now they are widespread.

I was there last year and I was shocked at the low wages and high prices.

People labouring in the heat for $8 per hour.

You aint seen nothing th eez going bankrupt. Cant wait to see what happens to israel when americans go bust

I won't deny that there's been a rise in foodstamp recipients, but let me tell you something this article doesn't: I can't give a definite number, but not everyone who is a FS recipient is one because they need it.
People I personally know lie on their income statements, and their financial situation just to get some alms from the government. In reality, none of the people I know actually are in any kind of need for these foodstamps. Just some disgruntled citizens trying to beat the system.

if you distribute free , you bound to get unempolyment ..
stop feeding them free and they will be force to do work...when people from all over can get work in US , why not their own citizens...

This is what Osama and the talebans in the lat ten years have reduced America to. But if you listened to american propaganda they are winning the war :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yes. A major reason for this is the cost of America's military adventures.

Iraq, Afghanistan and the general increase in defence expenditure due to the wot.

[/COLOR]
well the wars have cost trillions or something?

Yes, megabucks.

I can never understand how the US costs things. Apparently it costs them $250,000 to keep one soldier in Afghanistan for one year.

[/COLOR]

Yes, megabucks.

I can never understand how the US costs things. Apparently it costs them $250,000 to keep one soldier in Afghanistan for one year.

They dont cost things thats why they are going bust

No words to describe the ignorance demonstrated in this post.

If they hadnt fed the taleban and Osama at the beginning then they wouldnt be so skint today. They create the monster by feeding him then when it gets out of control spend billions trying to correct thier mistake. You are the one showing ignorance. I know its a bit sensitive to you coz your thinking if they are so skint whats going to happen to you guys? lolz

If they hadnt fed the taleban and Osama at the beginning then they wouldnt be so skint today. They create the monster by feeding him then when it gets out of control spend billions trying to correct thier mistake. You are the one showing ignorance. I know its a bit sensitive to you coz your thinking if they are so skint whats going to happen to you guys? lolz

You're right, it must be my ignorance, Pakistan is doing 10 times better than the US, the US has rampant inflation, rolling brownouts with their power, rampant gov't recklessness and corruption, an out of control child sex trafficking situation, multiple terrorists organizations killing their citizens, and a serious inferiority complex. You make the statement that I think what is going to happen to Israel in the future? Look at where you already are today! :rofl: I guess that would explain why you left your country in the first place. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom