What's new

US Drone strikes in Pakistan are illegal under international law.

I agree, recently the drone strikes have been quite effective. In the past they were a bit off mark and many civilians were killed, but recently the strikes have been on target. I have to say that these drone strikes are really impairing the abilities of the terrorists, so far they have done a good job. The military of Pakistan and the government realizes this and that is why all the previous fuss has died down.

I agree, recently the drone strikes have been quite effective. In the past they were a bit off mark and many civilians were killed, but recently the strikes have been on target. I have to say that these drone strikes are really impairing the abilities of the terrorists, so far they have done a good job. The military of Pakistan and the government realizes this and that is why all the previous fuss has died down.
I think now ISI is also providing Intel to Americans so the results are far more accurate.

those u can buy Daily Jang can see the news that tribesmen r saying that Drone attack killd civilians only..
thankx
A article from Pakistani newspaper. It suggests a rudimentary survey of FATA and NWFP residents on the effects of drone attacks in their area.

I can't speak to the qualities of the survey itself but the preliminary findings are interesting, if true. I say so because they swim against the prevailing narrative-

Drone Attacks- A Survey-International The News

Man, we need the Yankee's (No offence) to sell us some of that tech!

A article from Pakistani newspaper. It suggests a rudimentary survey of FATA and NWFP residents on the effects of drone attacks in their area.

I can't speak to the qualities of the survey itself but the preliminary findings are interesting, if true. I say so because they swim against the prevailing narrative-

Drone Attacks- A Survey-International The News

I don't have much faith in polls. Many of them are loaded.

However, even if you look at those polls, and assume they are a good reflection, there's still a frighteningly high proportion of people feeling terrorized by drone attacks.

Nearly 50% of people felt terrorized by drone attacks. That's huge. It's like 1 in every two people in FATA. It isn't like a democratic vote here. Noone should be feeling terrorized by this. If it's working so well, there should be zero percent feeling terrorized, there should not be any rise in anti american sentiment.

Saturday, April 04, 2009
Thirteen people were killed in US drone strike in Data Khel in Miranshah.

According to sources, US drone fired two missiles at a house of local Tariq Khan in Data Khel killing 13 people. Some foreigners including three women and 4 children were also reportedly killed in the attack.

The bodies have been recovered from the rubbles. This is the first drone attack in Data Khel.

Even if 1 innocent person is killed , I am not ok wit it. This is creating more talibans that anything else these days.

No sir. Not if it's JDW story. Sorry. You pay, you play. Not I but appreciate the offer and I'm just glad you posted it here.

No worries, stud!;)

You can't ignore the negative side of these attacks. How many reaper videos were released to you by the American UAV operation's staff?

You must have seen some videos but you cant deny that innocent people are a part of those attacks. Do you remember the time when Pakistan Army's post was bombed by the americans in FATA? Do you think that was an intelligence failure on their part? if they can kill our own army personnel that way then theres no credibility about their attacks in FATA. Sure there have been some important hits from the UAVs but there have been innocent deaths as well. Including our own army personnel.

Personally I think they're covering up civilian deaths recently, since it has a very negative rep in Pakistan.

The Americans don't suddenly become accurate after blasting civilians prior to a certain date, or bombing their own troops, or Pakistani Army troops.

Take a look at this, I find it very interesting and perhaps haunting...

On the 19th of December, 2008

I warned my fellow members: "This War In Afghanistan is Primarily a War Against Pakistan. Don't you Ever Forget it."

These words sure ring true today...Yet some thought I was the crazy one...

Source:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/18031-alex-jones-webster-tarpley-mumbai-attacks-plans-break-up-pakistan.html#post248440"

Suspected US strike kills 13 in Pakistan
4 April 2009

MIRANSHAH, Pakistan (AFP) – A suspected US missile strike killed 13 people including alleged Al-Qaeda militants in a Pakistan extremist stronghold on the Afghan border Saturday, security officials said.

The strike hit Datta Khel, a small town in the semi-autonomous tribal area of North Waziristan, a known hotbed of Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants, at around 3:00am (2200 GMT Friday).

"Two missiles were fired from a US drone at the compound of a local tribesman, killing 13 people," a security official told AFP.

Initial information said no high-value targets had been killed.

"The death toll is 13, including some foreigners, but information is very sketchy because it's a town which is very remote," another security official said on condition of anonymity.

Pakistani officials use the word "foreigner" to refer to suspected Al-Qaeda fighters, but the precise identities of the dead were not confirmed.

One security official said that only four of the 13 dead were militants, but another said 10 militants died. The identities of the others were unclear.

A local official said the compound that was hit belonged to Tariq Khan, a local Wazir tribesman described as a "facilitator of Taliban".

Taliban sealed off the area while they retrieved the bodies from the site, around five kilometres (three miles) from the Afghan border.

"We saw some bodies and pieces of human flesh lying near the compound," a local resident told AFP, requesting anonymity.

"The Taliban removed most of the bodies when we reached the site," the witness said, adding that the targeted compound was completely destroyed.

A security official said the missiles blasted an ammunition store, causing a large explosion and damaging nearby houses.

The area is under the control of Gul Bahadur, a Taliban commander believed to also be right-hand man of Sirajuddin Haqqani, who has a five-million-dollar US bounty on his head and whose network has been linked to Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Last month Bahadur joined a council of mujahedeen, or shura, which Pakistan's top Taliban commander Baitullah Mehsud said he had established to fight American troops in Afghanistan.

Mehsud claimed responsibility for a deadly assault on a police academy in Pakistan last Monday that he said was in retaliation for missile attacks.

More than 35 missile strikes have killed over 350 people since August 2008, fanning hostility against the United States and the government in Pakistan, where more than 1,700 people have died in extremist bombings in two years.

The US military does not, as a rule, confirm drone attacks, but its armed forces and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operating in Afghanistan are the only forces that deploy drones in the region.

Saturday's attack was the second since US President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping new strategy to defeat Islamist militants in south Asia, putting Pakistan at the heart of the fight against Al-Qaeda.

Speaking in London on Thursday, Obama reiterated that he was "very concerned" about extremists in the border regions of nuclear-armed Pakistan.

Pakistan has protested that the strikes violate its territorial sovereignty and deepen resentment among its 160 million people.

The foreign ministry has said it will take up the issue of missile attacks during a visit by Washington's Afghanistan and Pakistan troubleshooter Richard Holbrooke when he visits Islamabad next week.

The lawless tribal areas of northwest Pakistan have been beset by violence since hundreds of Taliban and Al-Qaeda fighters sought refuge there after the US-led invasion of Afghanistan toppled the Taliban regime in late 2001.

Source: AFP

:usflag:

not so good...this is y GOP is saying that these attacks r not allowed but who wants permission..
i have said already that these attaks produce hostility against GOP (not US) in pakistani's but no one wantd to listen me..
now this is going on..aproximately everyday they r attacking on our people n we r watching..
now c when will it end

Suspected US strike kills 13 in Pakistan
4 April 2009

MIRANSHAH, Pakistan (AFP) – A suspected US missile strike killed 13 people including alleged Al-Qaeda militants in a Pakistan extremist stronghold on the Afghan border Saturday, security officials said.

The strike hit Datta Khel, a small town in the semi-autonomous tribal area of North Waziristan, a known hotbed of Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants, at around 3:00am (2200 GMT Friday).

"Two missiles were fired from a US drone at the compound of a local tribesman, killing 13 people," a security official told AFP.

Initial information said no high-value targets had been killed.

"The death toll is 13, including some foreigners, but information is very sketchy because it's a town which is very remote," another security official said on condition of anonymity.

Pakistani officials use the word "foreigner" to refer to suspected Al-Qaeda fighters, but the precise identities of the dead were not confirmed.

One security official said that only four of the 13 dead were militants, but another said 10 militants died. The identities of the others were unclear.

A local official said the compound that was hit belonged to Tariq Khan, a local Wazir tribesman described as a "facilitator of Taliban".

Taliban sealed off the area while they retrieved the bodies from the site, around five kilometres (three miles) from the Afghan border.

"We saw some bodies and pieces of human flesh lying near the compound," a local resident told AFP, requesting anonymity.

"The Taliban removed most of the bodies when we reached the site," the witness said, adding that the targeted compound was completely destroyed.

A security official said the missiles blasted an ammunition store, causing a large explosion and damaging nearby houses.

The area is under the control of Gul Bahadur, a Taliban commander believed to also be right-hand man of Sirajuddin Haqqani, who has a five-million-dollar US bounty on his head and whose network has been linked to Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan.

Last month Bahadur joined a council of mujahedeen, or shura, which Pakistan's top Taliban commander Baitullah Mehsud said he had established to fight American troops in Afghanistan.

Mehsud claimed responsibility for a deadly assault on a police academy in Pakistan last Monday that he said was in retaliation for missile attacks.

More than 35 missile strikes have killed over 350 people since August 2008, fanning hostility against the United States and the government in Pakistan, where more than 1,700 people have died in extremist bombings in two years.

The US military does not, as a rule, confirm drone attacks, but its armed forces and Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) operating in Afghanistan are the only forces that deploy drones in the region.

Saturday's attack was the second since US President Barack Obama unveiled a sweeping new strategy to defeat Islamist militants in south Asia, putting Pakistan at the heart of the fight against Al-Qaeda.

Speaking in London on Thursday, Obama reiterated that he was "very concerned" about extremists in the border regions of nuclear-armed Pakistan.

Pakistan has protested that the strikes violate its territorial sovereignty and deepen resentment among its 160 million people.

The foreign ministry has said it will take up the issue of missile attacks during a visit by Washington's Afghanistan and Pakistan troubleshooter Richard Holbrooke when he visits Islamabad next week.

The lawless tribal areas of northwest Pakistan have been beset by violence since hundreds of Taliban and Al-Qaeda fighters sought refuge there after the US-led invasion of Afghanistan toppled the Taliban regime in late 2001.

Source: AFP

:usflag:

some1 has already started a threat on it..useless

I wouldn't be surprised if these attacks have the consent of the GoP. Remember that Pakistan has the means and ability to stop these drone attacks from taking place.

Back
Top Bottom