What's new

US-based Sikh rights group to rally behind Sangeeta Richard

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India
US-based Sikh rights group to rally behind Sangeeta Richard

JALANDHAR: US-based Sikhs rights group Sikhs For Justice (SFJ) has said it would hold a " justice rally" on January 13 in New York - when the district court of New York would hold the pre-trial hearing in Devyani Khobragade case - in support of her maid Sangeea Richard whose rights, it said, were violated by the Indian Foreign Services (IFS) official.

"We shall express our support to Sangeeta, who was wronged by her employer," SFJ legal advisor Gurpatwant Singh Pannun told TOI over phone from US on Sunday.

"In place of letting the law of land take its course and helping a domestic employee to get justice the Government of India is trying to provide immunity to Khbargade and expanding its culture of impunity in other countries also. This is only in consonance with the long-practiced policy and tradition of the Indian government to provide immunity to the high and well-placed violators of law," he said, while citing the cases of senior Congress leaders accused of 1984 anti-Sikh riots thriving in the party and even in the government setup.

"We are inviting all civil rights groups to join this rally and also want to give the message that our community stands up for the rights of underdogs of the society," said the SFJ advisor.

The group has already filed a human rights violation case against Congress president Sonia Gandhi in a US Federal court for allegedly protecting perpetrators of 1984 mass killings where she is defending the case through her counsel. "Khobragade should be tried in the US court as we are in a country where law of land is supreme and immunity to anyone based on their official position is unacceptable," stated Pannun, who practices international law in New York. In an interesting coincidence SFJ activists are of Punjabi origin as is the case of public prosecutor Preet Bharara in Devyani's case.

Link - US-based Sikh rights group to rally behind Sangeeta Richard - The Times of India

these sikhs make me sick !
This all is politics man...
That attorney is some sikh (preet barara) with kalistani mentality...
Overseas sikhs are of no use to india...
the only reason i dont hate them is because they serve our army...other than that no use for india whatsoever...

do you support what they are doing...
They show their grudge towards india for the things done by congress...Its not fair...
I may be of no use to india but i will never backstab mu motherland like you guys...

You better should not generalize things. Not all overseas Sikhs are anti-national and I'm one of them. :)

You better should not generalize things. Not all overseas Sikhs are anti-national and I'm one of them. :)
You may be a good one...
But you guys are too much patriotic towards your own world/religion or sikh thing...
Always quoting some nonsense like
Singh is king...
Try to understand that there are other people in this country...

Two of the disgusting incidents i have in my life are with a sikh guys...

You may be a good one...
But you guys are too much patriotic towards your own world/religion or sikh thing...
Always quoting some nonsense like
Singh is king...
Try to understand that there are other people in this country...

Two of the disgusting incidents i have in my life are with a sikh guys...

Yes, we Sikhs are Patriotic towards our World, Religion, Sikhs Brethren and OUR COUNTRY. Do you have problem with it?

Apparently, you and your posts are loathe of Crap. We Sikhs don't need keyboard warriors like you tell that there are other people in the country, as we are amongst the most Patriotic people in India. Do you have problem with it?

The way you are posting right now is also disgusted. Apparently, you must have done same, so you were disgusted by them. :)

Yes, we Sikhs are Patriotic towards our World, Religion, Sikhs Brethren and OUR COUNTRY. Do you have problem with it?

Apparently, you and your posts are loathe of Crap. We Sikhs don't need keyboard warriors like you tell that there are other people in the country, as we are amongst the most Patriotic people in India. Do you have problem with it?

The way you are posting right now is also disgusted. Apparently, you must have done same, so you were disgusted by them. :)
I know you guys will bombard me with this crap...
Try to show if for devyani...
Why the hell you guys wanna support that maid...
Is it that only you guys know better than indian gov...or you wanna cheer for your masters...

@Flamingo

Lady sometimes you claim of being a Kashmiri, sometimes Sikh and so on. Looks like you set your identity is set according to your arguments rather than what it really is.
lol he says that he is patiotic towards his religion...but hides his identity...
Funny bunch...

Is it that only you guys know better than indian gov...or you wanna cheer for your masters...

For every Sikh who has ill wishes against India , there are 100s who are more patriotic towards India .

Moreover this news is about a US based Sikh group . Not even an Indian one .

So why should we care ??

Baluchistan needs independence before anyone.

They are not doing it for Richards but one of their own white brown man. Selfish traitors they are.

USA admin is using anti India handles it sheltered, quite well.

Balochis are not for independence but Kashmiris need it and Khalistanis need it

For every Sikh who has ill wishes against India , there are 100s who are more patriotic towards India .

Moreover this news is about a US based Sikh group . Not even an Indian one .

So why should we care ??
lol i know i should keep low...

It's you who generalized that all overseas Sikhs are anti national, I didn't . Neither, anywhere in this thread I supported there actions. There are anti people in every community. Therefore, you should have refrained yourself from posting BS about Sikhs. Unlike, you we are our own masters and don't need cheer leaders, neither we cheer lead. Apparently, you may require master and cheerleaders for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom