What's new

US aircraft carrier group deployed for ‘routine patrols’ in S. China Sea

Your 'evaluation' ? And we are sure you speak from extensive personal experience in national security and foreign affairs.
So do you think a single carrier is a threat to China in any way? It is a Trump political stunt to divert attention, these are now old tricks in the book. You and I both will be here so lets see what happens. It will be nothing just you and me arguing.

Believe whatever make you sleep.:rofl:

Knowing it is you, I dont want to waste thousands of replies trying to convince you that the earth is not flat:lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
We all know how brainwashed uncle Gambit is. :)

You and I both will be here so lets see what happens. It will be nothing just you and me arguing.
I beg to differ, bro. Uncle Gambit already has one foot in the grave. He's expecting the other foot to be in soon.

............You don't understand what I said.

I am not saying China cannot deal damage to the US, i am saying if a War between US and China happened in South China Seas, Chinese will lose. and Chinese cannot succeessfully defend the island, in fact defending the island at this stage is quite dumb move, because it draw away resource to defend these untenable island.

As I said, I have no intent to discuss with you or anybody about whether or not will US and China goes to war, would the American think twice? I dont know, what about if we have a madman superhawk like fat Kim in charge of the white house? Or what if China have installed a dictator like Hilter and Stalin on the throne, War can start that way. Again, that is political decision made between the Polituro in China and White House, with whoever in charge. That's for people better than you and me to decide, I am just saying if a War do happen, US will win, and China will lose, as there are no way CHina can fend off 10 CBG and 9 AAG strength US navy and when the Navy is gone, these island is going to be cut off.

Do you know how many provocative actions that US has been made, started with F8II collision with US spy plane after 2003? in ancient China, all these mean war, China has refrained itself to take any actions knowing that we're still weak we need to bite our time, and there is no "IF a war between China and US", China will decide when it will be ready to engage in military confrontation and not up to US to decide. And I don't think Chinese Generals aren't aware of US CBG and AAG but the point I want to make it's that US will not get away from China for attacking our island (跑得了和尚,跑不了庙).

Last edited:
Do you know how many provocative actions that US has been made, started with F8II collision with US spy plane after 2003? in ancient China, all these mean war, China has refrained itself to take any actions knowing that we're still weak we need to bite our time, and there is no "IF a war between China and US", China will decide when it will be ready to engage in military confrontation and not up to US to decide. And I don't think Chinese Generals aren't aware of US CBG and AAG but the point I want to make it's that US will not get away from China for attacking our island (跑得了和尚,跑不了庙).

Well, been hearing this alot, but there are no affirmative action on both side.

Theoritically, it will not ends in war, because the only way Chinese can survive a war with the US is to use nuclear weapon, which is not surviving at all. As I said, US have way too many asset around China, which they can deal blows to China whether or not US winning a war is not in its question itself, China, even if somehow can resist the US invasion (had there been one) China would have pay dearly for the price.

On the other hand, it's not up to China to decide whether or not to "engage" the US like you said, as China have no initiative, there are no way China can make the 64 + days tran-pacific journey without going into either Alaska or Hawaii. That mean if any engagement between China and US are going to happen, it's either China engage a third country (Japan, Taiwan), which US can still choose whether or not they will be a part of this conflict, or US decided to take the initiative and engage China for any reason (Island in SCS, Hainan or Senkaku's or etc) China at this stage, or near future, would be in defensive, not on offensive.

I am not saying a war can or cannot happen, I am simply saying that what you think is incorrect, if war did happen, you cannot simply scare the US away or the American is like a coward you describing, they will fight you to the end. WE saw that before, we are going to see it again.

the Chinese again with warning and repeated empty phrase "we have undisputed bla bla over ...".

Interesting development. Is it not the first time Carl Vincent operates in the South China Sea? That means 3 US carriers are present in the western pacific.

China should be worried even more about India . Which is about to supply weapons in the region. That's lots of countries in SCS. US won't back down this time . There are preparing for long war against china

Well, been hearing this alot, but there are no affirmative action on both side.

Theoritically, it will not ends in war, because the only way Chinese can survive a war with the US is to use nuclear weapon, which is not surviving at all. As I said, US have way too many asset around China, which they can deal blows to China whether or not US winning a war is not in its question itself, China, even if somehow can resist the US invasion (had there been one) China would have pay dearly for the price.

On the other hand, it's not up to China to decide whether or not to "engage" the US like you said, as China have no initiative, there are no way China can make the 64 + days tran-pacific journey without going into either Alaska or Hawaii. That mean if any engagement between China and US are going to happen, it's either China engage a third country (Japan, Taiwan), which US can still choose whether or not they will be a part of this conflict, or US decided to take the initiative and engage China for any reason (Island in SCS, Hainan or Senkaku's or etc) China at this stage, or near future, would be in defensive, not on offensive.

I am not saying a war can or cannot happen, I am simply saying that what you think is incorrect, if war did happen, you cannot simply scare the US away or the American is like a coward you describing, they will fight you to the end. WE saw that before, we are going to see it again.
And you think US all out China invasion without China not escalate into a nuclear war? Since China in no way of invade US, best chance to escalate for MAD on both.

China should be worried even more about India . Which is about to supply weapons in the region. That's lots of countries in SCS. US won't back down this time . There are preparing for long war against china
Yes bro. China is on high alert. We have "India" on the first page of our newspapers.
Most Chinese these days don't turn up at work, rather, they are digging tunnels in the fear of nuclear clash with India.
I've dug a 12' deep tunnel to Vietnam, I think that should suffice for now.
Cheers bro!

And you think US all out China invasion without China not escalate into a nuclear war? Since China in no way of invade US, best chance to escalate for MAD on both.

It would, I never say it wouldn't.

Again, what I said is the same thing "What US can do vs What China can do" China can of course send nuke toward the US, it may do something, it may do nothing. But the question is, would China launch into nuclear response to give up the lot just for a few island in the South China Seas?

A sane person will tell you, Nope, but again, god knows what kind of crazy dictator will China have to react to a US confrontation at the first place. China is a regional force, US is a global force, the thing is, if China do indeed go to war with US just for a few island in the South China Seas, this act is increditably stupid. even if you are manage to sink a few US carrier, a price to pay is very, VERY high for China you may lose all industrial and finacial base along the Chinese coast line. US is fine as the war will not touch US mainland, (or minimal damage done to the US Mainland) they can rebuild their equipment quickly, but with China in ruin, basically China will slide from world number 2 to maybe out of top 10, depending on how effective US Air Force and US Navy can be on destroying Chinese's infrastructure.

But if the Chinese leader is stupid enough to react to an attack ,then I guess he would be stupid enough to condemn 1.3 billions people to death just for a few rocks?

Again, what I said is the same thing "What US can do vs What China can do" China can of course send nuke toward the US, it may do something, it may do nothing. But the question is, would China launch into nuclear response to give up the lot just for a few island in the South China Seas?

A sane person will tell you, Nope, but again, god knows what kind of crazy dictator will China have to react to a US confrontation at the first place. China is a regional force, US is a global force, the thing is, if China do indeed go to war with US just for a few island in the South China Seas, this act is increditably stupid. even if you are manage to sink a few US carrier, a price to pay is very, VERY high for China you may lose all industrial and finacial base along the Chinese coast line. US is fine as the war will not touch US mainland, (or minimal damage done to the US Mainland) they can rebuild their equipment quickly, but with China in ruin, basically China will slide from world number 2 to maybe out of top 10, depending on how effective US Air Force and US Navy can be on destroying Chinese's infrastructure.

But if the Chinese leader is stupid enough to react to an attack ,then I guess he would be stupid enough to condemn 1.3 billions people to death just for a few rocks?

I guess they are going to impose submarine ban in SCS, foreign navies suppose to surface subs with country flag.. i read news today.

I guess they are going to impose submarine ban in SCS, foreign navies suppose to surface subs with country flag.. i read news today.

lol, this is very impractical if true........

You cannot force anyone to surface, let alone to raise flag, it's also hard to enforce, no one will care what they say about Sub ban......it would be business as usual...

Can you send a link? Thanks!

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/c...s/news-story/2fbfdefe37a93e3afafdbd0062106194

A sane person will tell you, Nope, but again, gods who what kind of crazy dictator will China have to react to a US confrontation at the first place. China is a regional force, US is a global force, the thing is, if China do indeed go to war with US just for a few island in the South China Seas, this act is increditably stupid. even if you are manage to sink a few US carrier, a price to pay is very, VERY high for China you may lose all industrial and finacial base along the Chinese coast line. US is fine as the war will not touch US mainland, (or minimal damage done to the US Mainland) they can rebuild their equipment quickly, but with China in ruin, basically China will slide from world number 2 to maybe out of top 10, depending on how effective US Air Force and US Navy can be on destroying Chinese's infrastructure.

There always a way out of any conflict when you allow the opponent breathing room to deescalated the situation, those island no longer reef and rock under sea tide when placement of Chinese on those artificial island are the de facto of China control of territory, 1st Chinese government will only respond to China population demand. China burned the money and sweat to build those island just to walk away because of the naval threat from the US? That will never happen. Best way to allow China government diplomacy take it course to broker a deal between all claimant that can satisfy all side that will be the best outcome to all party involve. I don't think China will surrender their claim of SCS because of the strategic interests for China to give up their claim.

lol, this is very impractical if true........

You cannot force anyone to surface, let alone to raise flag, it's also hard to enforce, no one will care what they say about Sub ban......it would be business as usual...

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/c...s/news-story/2fbfdefe37a93e3afafdbd0062106194
Since your a military professional, you should know the importance of control the sea lane within your back yard?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom