What's new

US 7th Fleet Commander is coming to Bangladesh in August 2013

Anything coming out of South Asia Analysis Group is as good as trash. Best not to take them seriously.

Its not only S.asia analysis.All their saffron mentality hindutva think tanks utter the same BS about BD. Remember the tread about "a Indian lead security apparatus in S.asia" and "offering Maldives to join the Indian union". Both written by their former military men.

Russia is a dead-horse.

Japan and KSA are allies of the US. Turkey is a NATO member.

I generally do not recommend old aircraft.

KSA and ME is a must along with Turkey IMO. A robust trade and diplomatic relation with US and a deep Higher than Himalaya and deeper than Marina trench, friendship with China. :china:

Within 2050 or so the red flag may rise over a 8000 Sq.Km Indian ocean Island west of Burma in the BOB at the entrance of malacca strait thanks to a rising PLAN. It would be a historic day won't it? :D

Rising sea levels in the Bay of Bengal may create a better historic day much before that :smokin:

Careful mate. I guess already by reading this they have wetted their DHOTIS.... :P
India is an important non-NATO ally of U.S. even though our GOI doesn't recognize this fact officially but its an open secret and most of the Indians consider the Yankees as friends,so i don't think that anyone in India will be concerned about the U.S.N. leasing a base in Bangladesh(as Indo-Bangla relations are quite friendly)!

Stop trolling!

No one in Bangladesh or the US ever said anything about a naval base in Chittagong.

It is the Indian media that claimed it without any proof of such. More specifically, Times of India.

The US is still today's superpower. Only a fanboy would say otherwise.

China? Ming-class subs and F-7's? :hang2:

To access hi-tech heavy weapons, Bangladesh needs a common defense policy, which it doesn't have at present. From who weapons will be sourced, researched and developed depends on how much we benefit.

While China and the US had given us some degree of security assurances, India on the other hand had given close to zero.
mate can i ask a simple question which is you want a security assurance from India against whom:raise:?i mean come on you of all these people should know that India won't attack BD in the near forseeable future(heck we haven't been aggressive to you guys in the last 4 decades).then comes Myanmar,and i am quite sure that the BD armed forces are more than enough to tackle Myanmar effectively.

India is an important non-NATO ally of U.S. even though our GOI doesn't recognize this fact officially but its an open secret and most of the Indians consider the Yankees as friends,so i don't think that anyone in India will be concerned about the U.S.N. leasing a base in Bangladesh(as Indo-Bangla relations are quite friendly)!

Not really, India really want Independent and use the it status into profit from all sides.... Siding with US is complicated matter.... We will loose so much than we gain.... Especially we need good relations with china not bad relation.... of-course chinese influence is far greater than does India have, it is headache for us and we have to deal it with our self.... But the fact is they are our next door... yeah and also we will loose our old friend Russia... whateva the issues we have with our neighbors should be inside Asian.... lets not other enter into our matter mess with us.... We are a big country to side with any one.... If we are Independent now we will remain independent otherwise we remain some other puppet...

India is an important non-NATO ally of U.S. even though our GOI doesn't recognize this fact officially but its an open secret and most of the Indians consider the Yankees as friends, so i don't think that anyone in India will be concerned about the U.S.N. leasing a base in Bangladesh(as Indo-Bangla relations are quite friendly)!

tFkhKOy.jpg

Bangladesh's future main allies should be India China.
Then comes US,Russia,Japan.
Then the other world powers UK, Germany, France.
Friends from muslim world KSA, Turkey, Iran, Malayasia, Indonesia.

No the important point is that India will never let US get a considerable foothold in BD, since IN's Eastern Command Headquarters is not faraway from BD in Vishakhapatnam. India has already planned to base INS Arihant & other nuclear subs along with INs priced Acquisition - INS Chakra there. A High US naval presence in BD can be a real threat to IN's Eastern Command. I wonder with current relationship with India of utmost importance to US, it would anyway want to anger the Indians.

US-BD pacts are only in the stage of talks, let's see if they fructify.

Whats your view??

Yeah sure. I agree with you on that. Not even the US with its 11 career battlegroups can dare to stand up to the mighty Indian navy. :omghaha:

You know what nobody needs to troll you Indians as you people with your delusional thoughts make the biggest joke of yourself.

So the million dollar question is whom to give our sea port?the devil we know(us of a/indirectly india) or the devil we don't (China)?

Back
Top Bottom