What's new

US 7th Fleet Commander is coming to Bangladesh in August 2013

we couldnt milk US when they used to be the only hyper-power from 90-2010. now this is meaningless when two military powers are our neighbour. trust me, you don't want to become Cuba, Georgia or vietnam. india will never give us sophisticated weapon like long ranged missiles. so Go China which is our only option

we couldnt milk US when they used to be the only hyper-power from 90-2010. now this is meaningless when two military powers are our neighbour. trust me, you don't want to become Cuba, Georgia or vietnam. india will never give us sophisticated weapon like long ranged missiles. so Go China which is our only option

Neither china will give...

Certaily the USA will not gift such a big ship to BN. But, if true, it would cause the breakdown of Indian nerve system, because the Enterprise is quite capable to take over Andaman during an odd time, and looking at the map many of our people ponder why Andamans is not a part of a nearby Bangladesh? Enterprise can answer to this question, no doubt. So, Indians should not cherish the possibility of such a big gift. Visakapatnam is so far away as if it is a foreign land comparing to our St. Martin. No way, India can protect Andamans from a far away mainland.

Even US gift it, you guys will sink it next day after taking charge.... Does you guys operated any 7000t frigate or destroyer ? come on Entire BD economy will bankrupt by maintaining the AC group...

The horror...:lol:

Loki, allowing USN into BD shipyards mean taking part of US pivot Asia... which means going against china... doesn't it? am sure India and China won't be happy with that step.... funny thing is same USN is aimed to attack India behalf of pakistan during 71 war....lol

testing c-802 in the sea is enough to send chill down the spines of you guys, no need of sophisticated weapon :rofl:

we surrounded you by three sides....

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to which, we can divide you into two

which can destroy half of your rafales/mki before they realize what hit them.

come on bud keep joke aside... siding with USA will bring lot of strings....

come on bud keep joke aside... siding with USA will bring lot of strings....

No one is siding with them, its last thing we need. Its better to stay neutral and get fed by all three powers instead which will win us a lot but at a point, we must choose our one real ally. I'd go with China for that

Certaily the USA will not gift such a big ship to BN. But, if true, it would cause the breakdown of Indian nerve system, because the Enterprise is quite capable to take over Andaman during an odd time, and looking at the map many of our people ponder why Andamans is not a part of a nearby Bangladesh? Enterprise can answer to this question, no doubt. So, Indians should not cherish the possibility of such a big gift. Visakapatnam is so far away as if it is a foreign land comparing to our St. Martin. No way, India can protect Andamans from a far away mainland.

So you can take an island having naval and air bases with One aircraft carrier. :lol:

Strong trade and diplomatic relation with US is good but should stay away from any Asian pivot thing IMO.

So you can take an island having naval and air bases with One aircraft carrier. :lol:

Within 2050 or so the red flag may rise over a 8000 Sq.Km Indian ocean Island west of Burma in the BOB at the entrance of malacca strait thanks to a rising PLAN. It would be a historic day won't it? :D

Loki, allowing USN into BD shipyards mean taking part of US pivot Asia... which means going against china... doesn't it? am sure India and China won't be happy with that step.... funny thing is same USN is aimed to attack India behalf of pakistan during 71 war....lol

Stop trolling!

No one in Bangladesh or the US ever said anything about a naval base in Chittagong.

It is the Indian media that claimed it without any proof of such. More specifically, Times of India.

The US is still today's superpower. Only a fanboy would say otherwise.

China? Ming-class subs and F-7's? :hang2:

To access hi-tech heavy weapons, Bangladesh needs a common defense policy, which it doesn't have at present. From who weapons will be sourced, researched and developed depends on how much we benefit.

While China and the US had given us some degree of security assurances, India on the other hand had given close to zero.

OMG...why are you trolling? :omghaha:

No one in Bangladesh or the US ever said anything about a naval base in Chittagong.

It is the Indian media that claimed it without any proof of such. More specifically, Times of India.

I am responding to some posts here....

@kobiraaz @animelive @Loki

U should read this about 2003 BD-china Defence Co-operation Agreement :

BANGLADESH-CHINA DEFENCE CO-OPERATION AGREEMENT'S STRATEGIC IMPLICATIONS: An Analysis | South Asia Analysis Group

Dadas just love to wet their pants.:rofl:

China? Ming-class subs and F-7's? :hang2:

To access hi-tech heavy weapons, Bangladesh needs a common defense policy, which it doesn't have at present. From who weapons will be sourced, researched and developed depends on how much we benefit.

While China and the US had given us some degree of security assurances, India on the other hand had given close to zero.

Defence policy is indispensible actually if we want to have a self-respecting state. I wonder if there is any other country that doesn't have a defence policy.

Btw how about some used F16s ( a dozen) from spain and portugal with software source codes. Turkey can also do maintainance of F16s. :D

No one is siding with them, its last thing we need. Its better to stay neutral and get fed by all three powers instead which will win us a lot but at a point, we must choose our one real ally. I'd go with China for that

I can only see 2 powers China:china: and US. Where do U see another one? Do U mean Japan, KSA, Turkey or russia. :confused:

@kobiraaz @animelive @Loki

U should read this about 2003 BD-china Defence Co-operation Agreement :

BANGLADESH-CHINA DEFENCE CO-OPERATION AGREEMENT'S STRATEGIC IMPLICATIONS: An Analysis | South Asia Analysis Group

Dadas just love to wet their pants.:rofl:

Anything coming out of South Asia Analysis Group is as good as trash. Best not to take them seriously.

Defence policy is indispensible actually if we want to have a self-respecting state. I wonder if there is any other country that doesn't have a defence policy.

Btw how about some used F16s ( a dozen) from spain and portugal with software source codes. Turkey can also do maintainance of F16s. :D

Since Bangladesh lives in a volatile security environment, it must have one from the very beginning. If it did, we wouldn't have gotten into the current mess.

I can only see 2 powers China:china: and US. Where do U see another one? Do U mean Japan, KSA, Turkey or russia. :confused:

Russia is a dead-horse.

Japan and KSA are allies of the US. Turkey is a NATO member.

I generally do not recommend old aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom