What's new

Urdu was never a language of Pakistan !

Riyad

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
This is an upcoming anti-Pakistan Bangladeshi film. This is directed by a renowned Bangladeshi actor-filmmaker Taukir Ahmed . The vegetable seller in the still is a Bangladeshi, so is the moulvi also a Bangladeshi. The police sitting on left side is a Urdu speaker Pakistani and the other police are may be Pakistanis also.

47116321_2216094081768773_8152827549718675456_n.jpg

Below article by a Pakistani writer says Urdu was never a language of Pakistan. How has the language become language of Pakistan?

Creation of Bangladesh: Urdu was never the language of Pakistan
By News Desk
Published: February 24, 2018
0SHARES
Share Tweet Email
1643306-Urdu-1519451341-354-640x480.jpg

Scholar says people never learn from past, calls for resolving issues of Balochistan and FATA. PHOTO: REUTERS

Urdu was never the language of Pakistan, either the east or the west, but its imposition as a national and official language led to ethnic strife among the people, said an eminent scholar while speaking at the National University of Modern Languages (NUML) on Friday.

Delivering a lecture was delivered on the “Creation of Bangladesh: Myths Exploded” Dr Junaid Ahmad reminded that at that time the present Pakistan and Bangladesh were known as West Pakistan and East Pakistan.

Speaking at a university of language, the scholar delved upon the social and political dimensions of a language.

The people in eastern wing were uneasy over Urdu being imposed on them.

‘Urdu and other Pakistani languages suffering due to English’

However, he said, Urdu was not the language of West part of Pakistan too. It was not the language of Sindh, Balochistan, Punjab or the present day Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, the scholar said.

To a question, he said the people of Pakistan never try to learn from the past. Without going deep into the topic, he made a passing but a potent comment while elaborating on secession of Bengali people from Pakistan. “We made mistakes in the past and are repeating the same. We must have to do something for the people of Balochistan and Fata,” he said.

Dr Ahmad denied that the figures which were presented by the Indian and Bengali propagandists regarding the prisoners, rape cases and murders and said that he had presented his book containing all the facts of 1971 to Bengali PM Haseena Wajid also.

He was of the view that Pakistan must maintain good relations with Bangladesh because what has happened now become a past. “We have to move on.”

An accomplished academician, writer and researcher, Dr Ahmed’s detailed and informative lecture educated the audience about the topic.

Speaking at the lecture organised by the Peace and Conflict Studies Department of NUML, he said that most of the things which are famous and against Pakistan are not true but mere a propaganda by the India and Bangladesh. “We as nation never try to tell or educate the people about the truth,” he said.

TPL launches Pakistan’s first Urdu maps

According to the Dr Ahmed, the tendency to turn a blind eye from a painful event in the history has only given credence to the propaganda of the enemies.

He called for open discussions on the issue.

NUML Director General Brig Muhammad Ibrahim, Registrar Aminullah Khan, deans, directors, heads of departments, faculty members and a large number of students were also present on the occasion.

Published in The Express Tribune, February 24th, 2018.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1643306/2-creation-bangladesh-urdu-never-language-pakistan/

Last edited:
True Urdu wasn't the Language of Pakistan.............But it is now and we are happy to speak it.

Personally i would have preferred Dari ( old Persian ) as the language, but Jinnah wanted Pakistan to have a close relationship with India as long as we live separately so he choose Urdu.

It is true that Urdu was not the language spoken in west Pakistan or the east, but the founding fathers understood well enough even in 1930s that you cannot impose one Provence language on others, has that been the case then Punjabi would have been imposed on all! While in W.Pakistan where you have 4+1 provinces and more than 20 different dialects spoken it become a language of communication between people, but the behavior of Eastern part was really something I can state as beyond selfishness and highest stupidity, case in reffrence are the language riots of 1954 in east Pakistan. To be honest we as west Pakistanis had nothing in common with the east this relationship was heading for a divorce but not the way as it happened in 1971, that pains me with so much blood being spilled, I wont say who is responsible but I can write another 50 pages on that topic!! I wish Bangladesh all the best and hope that nation moves on from 1971.

It is true that Urdu was not the language spoken in west Pakistan or the east, but the founding fathers understood well enough even in 1930s that you cannot impose one Provence language on others, has that been the case then Punjabi would have been imposed on all! While in W.Pakistan where you have 4+1 provinces and more than 20 different dialects spoken it become a language of communication between people, but the behavior of Eastern part was really something I can state as beyond selfishness and highest stupidity, case in reffrence are the language riots of 1954 in east Pakistan. To be honest we as west Pakistanis had nothing in common with the east this relationship was heading for a divorce but not the way as it happened in 1971, that pains me with so much blood being spilled, I wont say who is responsible but I can write another 50 pages on that topic!! I wish Bangladesh all the best and hope that nation moves on from 1971.

We came out better in 1971. We reclaimed a lot of our heritage which we suppressed to appease others.

Today Pakistan ideology is strong, vibrant, dynamic, and progressive, thanks in large part to 1971. It was a blessing in disguise.

All the best to Bangladesh, they chose a different identity and future, but still our Muslim brothers and sisters.

True Urdu wasn't the Language of Pakistan.............But it is now and we are happy to speak it.

Personally i would have preferred Dari ( old Persian ) as the language, but Jinnah wanted Pakistan to have a close relationship with India as long as we live separately so he choose Urdu.

Nope. Urdu was the language of UP/Bombay/Maulvi Muslim elites and not the language of an common Indian Muslim. And Jinnah's close relationship with people from some of the people and Quran in Urdu made him to choose a common link language Urdu.

Nope. Urdu was the language of UP/Bombay/Maulvi Muslim elites and not the language of an common Indian Muslim. And Jinnah's close relationship with people from some of the people and Quran in Urdu made him to choose a common link language Urdu.

Nope, but because North Indians speak Hindi which is similar to Urdu thats why he choose it. As i said i would have preferred Dari ( old Persian ) instead of Urdu.

My choice could be coz i am Pukhtoon and my affiliation is towards Central Asia than South Asia.

What’s in a language???? A Termite is always a Termite in whatever language one describes it!!!!!

“BD folks are Termites” - Amit Shah, BJP’s principal architect, at the ecstacy of the BD folks as they voluntarily have gone under their Hindu masters in a Permanent Settlement as was the case during the British Raj!!!

Which is why Bengalis moaning about "their" language made no sense to Pakistanis. For the sake of national unity, all ethnic groups including the much hated Punjabis (in bangladesh) agreed to make Urdu the national language as it was a neutral choice. Whilst said ethnic groups stayed true to the cause, groups within one ethnic group felt they were extra special and demanded special privileges resulting in the Bengali language movement. The rest is history. Move on and stop crying.

Nations use a single language for uniting people. English is not the language of all UK... Celtics , Welsh , gaelic and some other languages were and still are spoken here, but English is the adopted blanket language by all.
Likewise English wasnt the language of USA but adopted as uniting language.
Likewise Mandarian is not the language of the whole of China but a standard language of all.
Also the current form of Hindi being spoken in India is a new language introduced to unite Indians who speak more than 850 languages. The so called Hindi is a mix of Urdu and Sanskirit, bhojpuri and other languages.
Urdu was invented by Muslim rulers and hence a Muslim iconic language of Sub continent and hence adopted by Pakistan as uniting language for Muslims of the area.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom