What's new

UN: 370,000 Afghans Returned Home From Pakistan

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
he United Nations says around 370,000 registered and undocumented Afghan refugees have returned home from neighboring Pakistan this year, with a significant spike seen since mid-July.

The U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Kabul issued the figures Sunday, saying nearly 52,000 Afghans crossed the border into Afghanistan last week alone, the highest single figure recorded in a seven-day period since 2009.

http://www.voanews.com/a/un-370000-afghans-returned-home-from-pakistan/3553436.html

Good. This is completely voluntary repatriation and the afghan refugees are returning of their own free will back to their country which according to afghans on social media and govt is highly stable and suffers from minimum terrorism.

In all seriousness, pakistan has hosted them for over 40 years and has fed them, clothed them and placed no restriction on them whilst they lived here. Pakistan treated them like brothers but now its time for them to leave. Our economy is improving and pakistan needs to funnel its resources on its own population as both Baluchistan and fata require development. We gave various economical issues and cannot sustain the burden of refugees anymore.

Its time they go back and build their own nation and hopefully become that small part of the population that loves us rather than the majority who have hated us since our existence.

I wish all the Afghan nation the best in rebuilding their beautiful country. I hope both Afghanistan and Pakistan understand they need to normalise relations and accept each other's national integrity.

For Afghanistan, the acceptance of Durrand Line and for Pakistan, the acceptance of independence for Afghans to choose their government. You need two hands to clap, both need to be a bit more mature and understanding. All the best.

I wish all the Afghan nation the best in rebuilding their beautiful country. I hope both Afghanistan and Pakistan understand they need to normalise relations and accept each other's national integrity.

For Afghanistan, the acceptance of Durrand Line and for Pakistan, the acceptance of independence for Afghans to choose their government. You need two hands to clap, both need to be a bit more mature and understanding. All the best.
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst!

Good indicator.! Hope the returnees'd contribute in development of the country they belong to.!

Good. Time to rebuild your country. More should return.

Wondering after handing over the migrants to Afghan government how much the responsibility of their people would force them to be serious with their people issues. Deescalate the war theater as it is quite a long time from the Russian escalation. Specially show Indian's that Afghans not interested in execution of any doctrine and more interested now peace in region in view of rapid region development(e.g CPAC).

Ma'Shah'Allah, this is good news to bother brotherly nations.

I pray the Afghans who are returning can return into their own properties where they used to live.

he United Nations says around 370,000 registered and undocumented Afghan refugees have returned home from neighboring Pakistan this year, with a significant spike seen since mid-July.

The U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) in Kabul issued the figures Sunday, saying nearly 52,000 Afghans crossed the border into Afghanistan last week alone, the highest single figure recorded in a seven-day period since 2009.

http://www.voanews.com/a/un-370000-afghans-returned-home-from-pakistan/3553436.html
This is nothing lot more settled in Pakistani cities and remote region of Punjab and Baluchistan.

Back
Top Bottom