UK watchdog cancels ARY’s licence

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
UK watchdog cancels ARY’s licence
4 HOURS AGO BY WEB DESK

KARACHI: The British broadcast media watchdog has “revoked” all licences held by the ARY Network because it has “ceased to provide the licenced services”.

In a statement released on Wednesday, the watchdog, known as Ofcom, said it had revoked licences of all six channels owned by the ARY Network.

The channels have been banned in Britain after the network failed to substantiate its allegation against the Geo Television’s owner Mir Shakilur Rehman.

“The ARY Network held six Television Licencable Content Service (‘TLCS’) licences granted under Part 1 of the Broadcasting Act 1990,” said the Ofcom statement. “These licences were used to broadcast the following channels: ARY Digital, ARY QTV, ARY News, ARY World News, QTV–Islamic Education Channel and ARY Entertainment.”

The ARY accepted before a British court of law that it had no evidence to prove its allegations. The Geo Group won all the 24 cases against ARY which accepted that all the accusations were false and could not be defended.

According to the British court’s decision, the ARY will pay Rehman Rs260m (2m pounds). In total, the ARY will have to pay 3m pounds or Rs400m. This amount includes legal expenses.

In December, a British court ruled that ARY had defamed Jang group’s chief editor Mir Shakilur Rehman by alleging that he had links with the CIA, Mossad and RAW. It also accused him of committing blasphemy and taking covert funds from foreign governments in order to promote their agenda.

Instead of paying a dime to geo they prefered getting their liscence revoked nice :D
What they said wasnt false though they did recieve some funds in name of aman ki asha program
But ARY will not be that affected by losing UK market
https://defence.pk/threads/ary-news-becomes-most-watched-south-asian-channel-in-uae.432478/
https://defence.pk/threads/ary-digital-network-takes-a-jibe-at-bol-tv-claims-to-be-no-1.470857/

https://defence.pk/threads/no-indian-films-at-cinemas-ary-saves-the-day.470412/

They are largest exporters of Pakistani content :D
@django @Moonlight @The Sandman @Well.wisher @Chauvinist @PaklovesTurkiye

Instead of paying a dime to geo they prefered getting their liscence revoked nice :D
What they said wasnt false though they did recieve some funds in name of aman ki asha program
But ARY will not be that affected by losing UK market
https://defence.pk/threads/ary-news-becomes-most-watched-south-asian-channel-in-uae.432478/
https://defence.pk/threads/ary-digital-network-takes-a-jibe-at-bol-tv-claims-to-be-no-1.470857/

https://defence.pk/threads/no-indian-films-at-cinemas-ary-saves-the-day.470412/

They are largest exporters of Pakistani content :D
@django @Moonlight @The Sandman @Well.wisher @Chauvinist @PaklovesTurkiye
They were proven false in the court so whats the point of defending that?

If they had any evidence they didn't have to lose UK market and would be earning millions more

They were proven false in the court so whats the point of defending that?

If they had any evidence they didn't have to lose UK market and would be earning millions more
He accepted in court how he ordered their channel to air content against ISI but a lot of thibgs they were accused off are not a crime in the UK

The main issue here was what Mubashir Luqman said about jang group and a lot of stuff he said ws true they did get funding from abroad for aman ki asha

ary news was flop, they didn't spend money on their studios or equipment, infact the only way ary news got viewers was by making false claims about other news channels being funded by india and Israel

good riddance, about time Bol launches in the UK. Dunya, Samma will take Ary audience in the UK, Even express news is of the same standard as Ary

ary news was flop, they didn't spend money on their studios or equipment, infact the only way ary news got viewers was by making false claims about other news channels being funded by india and Israel

good riddance, about time Bol launches in the UK. Dunya, Samma will take Ary audience in the UK, Even express news is of the same standard as Ary
I dont know about UK but in Pakistan and the middle east ARY has no 1 spot among all Pakistani groups
Even in the news channels they are on no 3/no 4
I personally prefer samaa tv though anchors i follow are Nadeem Malik,Arif Hamid Bhatti,Rauf Clasra and Moed Perzada

At one point bol was bought by ARY but its gppd if channels like Samaa and Bol increase market share in UK they are good competition of pro baboon geo

I dont know about UK but in Pakistan and the middle east ARY has no 1 spot among all Pakistani groups
I personally prefer samaa tv though anchors i follow are Nadeem Malik,Arif Hamid Bhatti,Rauf Clasra and Moed Perzada

At one point bol was bought by ARY but its gppd if channels like Samaa and Bol increase market share in UK they are good competition of pro baboon geo
i think geo gets a bad name because they are the most successful, ary bashing of geo meant the got all those viewers. now arts viewers will be spit between geo, same, dunya and express news in the UK. i think BOL could be the game changer as its got a budget as good as geo news.

He accepted in court how he ordered their channel to air content against ISI but a lot of thibgs they were accused off are not a crime in the UK

The main issue here was what Mubashir Luqman said about jang group and a lot of stuff he said ws true they did get funding from abroad for aman ki asha
Whenever I hear the name of Mubashar Luqman, I literally burn from inside out. He is the most disliked person in history of Pakistani TV channels in my opinion. He wasn't a journalist anyway as acknowledged himself, he was a close friend of Salman Taseer who happens to have introduced him to the TV channels by authority. Whenever he speaks, he mostly lies, whenever he calls someone for an interview he is mostly insulting them, whenever someone wants to make a point, he would shut them up in the middle with taunts and make them hear his nonsense

I don't know why the notifications are not coming for every quoted post, the point is they fought the case and regardless of whatever justifications they give on ARY, They were proven false in the court and could not prove any allegation they raised in the planned media campaign against Geo to demonise them and gain higher TRP

I am out from this thread

Thank you

i think geo gets a bad name because they are the most successful, ary bashing of geo meant the got all those viewers. now arts viewers will be spit between geo, same, dunya and express news in the UK. i think BOL could be the game changer as its got a budget as good as geo news.
Well geo issued fake apologies on behalf of icij,called murder of a noon leagi as murder of Imran Khan,s political rival party member,did propoganda against Pakistani forces and only their news channel is successfull name ary owns Karachi Kings and ARy Films and yes arts viewers are divided in Pakistan on one hand there is geo highest importer of contentand pther hand ary highest exporter of content
Geo is just noon league media cell on steroids
Btw ARY film award was the biggest Pakistani even ever organized outside of Pakistan this year its going to be even bigger cuz ARY owned 2016 at the box office hits after hits by ARY even shitty sequels like Lahore sey Agey did well at the box office :D

ARY deserves to be compensated by the armed forces for the losses they are incurring. After all, they were doing the silly propaganda at the behest of the military. Anyways, yet another butt hurt for the army fan boys. Nothing seems to be going in their way these days.

جهوٹ اتنا بولو کے سچ لگنے لگے
I don't damn care about GEO or any Chanel but ARY working on an agenda by hook or crook to defame GEO. Why not they prove in courts of U.K. About foreign funding and false aligations the put on Mir Shakeel ur Rehman and co?
I'm tired to logics of fellas in Pakistan that when UK court or news paper did what they feel good for them THEY are great and when not in Favor They are corrupt and siding with India for great interests :hitwall:
Do you guys have any prove against GEO or Jang? Accusing ISI if crime than we need to shut down dozens of things.

UK is not Pakistan to use transmission rights for settling personal scores..let this be a lesson for ARY and their repo will be heavily discredited.

ARY was a good channel followed by many British Pakistanis. Sad reality is we have to learn not to make accusations without sufficient evidence which are not defendable in the court of law and such accusations can cost us gravely as we can see here but still doesn't mean ill be watching Geo lol anything but that

Bhai jis ko ban karna ha karo . Bus hbo or star movies ko na karo .

Back
Top Bottom