What's new

UK, Scotland announce referendum terms that could see Britain break up

What half wit with too much free time conjured up this ******* scenario...LOL!!!

God..how desperate are we for this Security council seat that we want to consider the most unlikely of scenarios to make this a reality??!!

UK, Scottish authorities to announce terms of referendum that could see breakup of Britain | Fox News

If Scotland should vote for independence, this of course would mean the breakup of the United Kingdom, meaning the United Kingdom, as a political entity, no longer exists. Of course a non-existing political entity can not have a place on the UN security council, and so there will actually be a spot open.

Looks like India's time has come?
Mungeri lal ke haseen sapne(dreams of mungeri lal)

USSR broke up in 1990s but Russia remaine permanent member of UNSC.Likewise UK will remain permanent member even if Scotland gets independent.

I'm a global citizen :)

Wow! Really?

I've had the misfortune of visiting third world, bhooka, nunga, LOOTistan half a dozen times in the last decade. I have seen the ground realities, all this India rising, India developing is just hype, maximum BS. Judging by the way bhooka, nunga, LOOTistan is governed, there can only be one outcome - that is history repeating itself.

India ain't ready and will never be ready to be a major player on the world stage. As history has proven in the last 1000 years, India has only served one purpose, and that is to be looted by those in power, while the mango slave Indians remain pi55 poor, 5hitting on the footpath and rail tracks, starving death, not even a piece of cloth to cover their private parts. Clearly those who don't learn from history are doomed to history.

Jai Bhooka, Nunga LOOTistan!!!

Jai ho Italian bar dancer!!! Long may the looting continue!!!

Yeah, whatever cheap vodka you are drinking.......India has come a long way ever since independence.

go **** your wh0re mother

Why, thank you.

There is finite chance of britain breaking up but less likely. Most probably the scots will get some more power (devo-max) while still being in britain.
If it does break, rest of UK will still be called UK( of something else), and it still will be a permanent member.

China would never allow India to join the UNSC.

China hasn't revealed their opinion about supporting India but they have openly opposed Japan's bid for permanent UNSC membership.

China hasn't revealed their opinion about supporting India but they have openly opposed Japan's bid for permanent UNSC membership.

Nice try with your ignorant tricks.

India has a problem China over South Tibet.

India has a problem with China's ally.

What makes you think China will let India in?

Let the Chinese members zip up your mouth if you don't believe me.:lol:

The UK will still exist even if Scotland did separate. I guess it would just be 'The United Kingdom of England, Wales and NI.'
Only 5 million people live in Scotland, so obviously most of the power resides in England.
I think the vote will be close but polls show that most are against independence.
Ultimately I think more power will be given to the scottish government.

Yes but then there was questions of where the nucleur submarines will go , what about scotlands natural resources , UK is a small country today , this will make it even smaller , it will affect UK very badly in the international stage .

China would never allow India to join the UNSC.

China has actually supported India's UNSC permanent seat.

The Hindu : News / International : “China ready to support Indian bid for UNSC”

China was ready to back India on United Nations Security Council reforms and delink its relationship with Pakistan to take forward ties, Chinese officials have said.

China was even ready to support India's move for a permanent seat on the UNSC if India did not associate its bid with Japan, top Chinese diplomats told Sitaram Yechury, Communist Party of India (Marxist) Polit Bureau member, in talks this week.

Mr. Yechury, who is here at the invitation of the Communist Party of China's (CPC) International Department, told Indian reporters that top Chinese officials, including State Councilor Dai Bingguo, who is China's highest-ranked diplomat, had made clear that they “sincerely want see a qualitative improve in relations with India.”

Mr. Dai also “bent over backwards” to explain that China was not against India's bid for a seat in the UNSC — a recent sticking point in the bilateral relationship. China is the only one of five permanent members that is yet to back India's bid.

Mr. Dai told Mr. Yechury that China's reluctance to voice support was more sourced in India's decision to put forward its bid along with Japan, Germany and Brazil, under the banner of the G4 group of nations. He said China could never accept Japan's bid because of “historical baggage”, and was hence opposed to the G4 grouping.

Mr. Yechury said Chinese officials also appeared to “give a signal” that they did not want to see ties with India “complicated” because of Beijing's ties with Islamabad. Mr. Dai also assured Mr. Yechury that China's presence in ****************** Kashmir (***) had been limited to “humanitarian assistance”.

Nice try with your ignorant tricks.

India has a problem China over South Tibet.

India has a problem with China's ally.

What makes you think China will let India in?

Let the Chinese members zip up your mouth if you don't believe me.:lol:

India getting UNSC membership won't be going to affect China as none of our dispute is in United Nations. We have also collaborated number of times.

Not quite true. Check the second paragraph:

China was even ready to support India's move for a permanent seat on the UNSC if India did not associate its bid with Japan.

Which means ditching the G4.

But India has already indicated that it is not willing to ditch the G4. The G4 are trying to enter the UNSC as a whole group, which can never happen since both China and Russia (veto members) oppose Japan's bid, along with other UN members like Korea.

UK, Scottish authorities to announce terms of referendum that could see breakup of Britain | Fox News

If Scotland should vote for independence, this of course would mean the breakup of the United Kingdom, meaning the United Kingdom, as a political entity, no longer exists. Of course a non-existing political entity can not have a place on the UN security council, and so there will actually be a spot open.

Looks like India's time has come?

Seriously does anybody really believes that a permanent seat matters it has anything more to do with a symbolic position that the nation having it is amongst the most powerful nation.
As an Indian the moment India will iron out the corruption and poverty, this will be a non issue.

Which means ditching the G4.

But India has already indicated that it is not willing to ditch the G4. The G4 are trying to enter the UNSC as a whole group, which can never happen since both China and Russia (veto members) oppose Japan's bid, along with other UN members like Korea.

You are right. I am just saying that the support is there. China will not approve of Japan, and that is the only reason we will not be able to go through as a part of G4. Not that China actually opposes India.

You disagree? Or are you shaking your head in shock at the decision of the prime minister? If its the latter I agree! That the people of Britain would so willingly throw away what their grandfathers gave their lives for and what their ancestors of multiple generations before them fought to protect and glorify is rather shocking.

He is Indian, they shake their head when they agree :no:

Back
Top Bottom