What's new

UK Islamic TV channel fined for inciting violence

Roybot

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
LONDON: Britain's broadcasting watchdog on Wednesday fined an Islamic television channel £85,000 ($133,000, 99,700 euros) after a presenter said anyone disrespecting the Prophet Mohammed should be killed.

Ofcom ruled that Noor TV, which broadcasts on Sky, had breached broadcasting codes by inciting violence during a program aired on May 3 last year.

The watchdog said the size of the fine reflected the seriousness of the channel's transgression, but stopped short of revoking its licence.

Presenter Allama Muhammad Farooq Nizami was hosting a phone-in when he was asked what the punishment was for anyone showing disrespect for Prophet Mohammed.

“There is no disagreement about this,” he replied. “There is absolutely no doubt about it that the punishment for the person who shows disrespect for the Prophet is death.
”

Ofcom ruled that the channel, which is owned by Al Ehya Digital Television, had transmitted “material likely to encourage or incite the commission of crime” and had failed to “exercise the proper degree of responsibility with respect to the content of programmes which are religious programmes.”

UK Islamic TV channel fined for inciting violence - DAWN.COM

These barbarianism. What is one to do of them. :undecided:

If anyone could kill based on what they consider offensive of other religions then the world population would be reduced dramatically.

I don't understand what violence they saw in what he said!! He just expressed his views. So called liberals are acting nuts. I think Islam is in danger.

These barbarianism. What is one to do of them. :undecided:

If anyone could kill based on what they consider offensive of other religions then the world population would be reduced dramatically.

you would be surprised how many muslims agree with the guy... lolz...

you would be surprised how many muslims agree with the guy... lolz...

I am not surprised. I know they do. :)

Even here in UK. That is why on this mullah's fatwa there is no uproar from UK Muslim community, who otherwise keep lying that they believe in a peaceful religion but never miss a chance to accommodate extremists.

Back
Top Bottom