What's new

UAE Mirage 2000-9 will go to Egypt !?

No one knows what is going on but if U.A.E is to fund EAF I have to ask what make U.A.E stop funding PAF. If EAF is to maintain one of the most expensive to maintain aircraft like Mirage 2000 and Fulcrum why did it not opt for Thunder which is 3 times cheaper and can take french avionics or Russian and commonality with Russian mig-29 engines. Personally doubt such deal.
Because JF-17 is not ready yet, It has to reach a final configuration, like at least block2 I suppose. The second possibility is because Egypt might join the GCC common defense forces or have a defense pact with it.
Maybe Pakistan can match the M2K-9 abilities in block3 or 4, who knows. Otherwise I do not see why the UAE won't finance it for PAF.

Because JF-17 is not ready yet, It has to reach a final configuration, like at least block2 I suppose. The second possibility is because Egypt might join the GCC common defense forces or have a defense pact with it.
Maybe Pakistan can match the M2K-9 abilities in block3 or 4, who knows. Otherwise I do not see why the UAE won't finance it for PAF.

Same old talks that what JF-17 offers is affordable AC with active BVR previously not available to egypt with F-16s only handful of Mirages but instead they chose expensive to maintain product, my point is EAF won't be able to maintain more than 60 Migs in a long term huge costs. Egypt might join GCC the reality remains Egypt barely has funds and KSA/U.A.E will not always fund them or to keep them alive buying a brand new shinny toy is nice to keep them for 30 years requires proper funding. Notice here there were rumors about EAF and JF-17 It went cold and out of now where news of Migs came I sincerely doubt next planned procurement even if it is remotely JF-17 would be cheap lets be honest PAC learned its lesson offer it for a price that keep our program alive otherwise stay away we'll know in coming years how easy it was to keep Fulcrums but I hope PAC/CAC don't agree to third country production line like K-8s to egypt.

I Agree that's the point PAF is not going for Mirages and J-10s that maybe Block III have much potential.

M2Ks have a similar radar to KLJ7. What they differ is in roles, EW, payload and hardpoints and as such fit neatly b/w the 4 ton payload JF-17 and 7 ton payload f-16s.While JF-17 can do strike and CAPs, Mirage 2000s are excellent at strike missions due to the ordnance available to them and tried and tested combat missions. By buying Mirage 2000s, PAF can absolve F-16s and JF-17s of ground/maritime strike missions. That's a huge plus. Not to mention, you can have Mirage 2000 today, but for the same number of JF-17s to be procured, it will be 5-6 years. BLOCK 3 JF-17s are a good 5 years away...and Block 4 a mere speculation. Why not have that capability today? You know the system, you know there will be some spares lying around and fits well with your single engine, multi-role philosophy? Unless of course, 3-4 squadrons for F-16 MLUs make their way in, which renders Mirage 2000 purchase without merit.

M2Ks have a similar radar to KLJ7. What they differ is in roles, EW, payload and hardpoints and as such fit neatly b/w the 4 ton payload JF-17 and 7 ton payload f-16s.While JF-17 can do strike and CAPs, Mirage 2000s are excellent at strike missions due to the ordnance available to them and tried and tested combat missions. By buying Mirage 2000s, PAF can absolve F-16s and JF-17s of ground/maritime strike missions. That's a huge plus. Not to mention, you can have Mirage 2000 today, but for the same number of JF-17s to be procured, it will be 5-6 years. BLOCK 3 JF-17s are a good 5 years away...and Block 4 a mere speculation. Why not have that capability today? You know the system, you know there will be some spares lying around and fits well with your single engine, multi-role philosophy? Unless of course, 3-4 squadrons for F-16 MLUs make their way in, which renders Mirage 2000 purchase without merit.
The US still owes about 3 squadrons of F-16s to Pakistan, plus the approved purchase of18 block 52. Maybe that's it !? and there is the high possibility of PAF inducting the J-31 in a near future. So the PAF commanders have to take all these possibilities into account and chose the optimum solution for PAF. Navy too has to think about it.

Same old talks that what JF-17 offers is affordable AC with active BVR previously not available to egypt with F-16s only handful of Mirages but instead they chose expensive to maintain product, my point is EAF won't be able to maintain more than 60 Migs in a long term huge costs. Egypt might join GCC the reality remains Egypt barely has funds and KSA/U.A.E will not always fund them or to keep them alive buying a brand new shinny toy is nice to keep them for 30 years requires proper funding. Notice here there were rumors about EAF and JF-17 It went cold and out of now where news of Migs came I sincerely doubt next planned procurement even if it is remotely JF-17 would be cheap lets be honest PAC learned its lesson offer it for a price that keep our program alive otherwise stay away we'll know in coming years how easy it was to keep Fulcrums but I hope PAC/CAC don't agree to third country production line like K-8s to egypt.

I Agree that's the point PAF is not going for Mirages and J-10s that maybe Block III have much potential.
That s all they want from Mig, 24 29Ms and another 24 or 36 Mig-35s, So you are right with the 60 number, they must have thought about the maintenance cost too and arrived to the same conclusion as you.
Egypt has a lot of potential and won't stay in this mess forever, it is quite temporary.

Last edited:
The US still owes about 3 squadrons of F-16s to Pakistan, plus the approved purchase of18 block 52. Maybe that's it !? and there is the high possibility of PAF inducting the J-31 in a near future. So the PAF commanders have to take all these possibilities into account and chose the optimum solution for PAF. Navy too has to think about it.

It's easier getting the M2Ks from UAE than navigating the US power corridors. Congress specifically, that is. Plus why put all the eggs in same basket? M2Ks offer a three type Airforce to PAF, if one system is sanctioned the other two can pick up the slack.

Pakistan should really consider buying these M2Ks.

It's easier getting the M2Ks from UAE than navigating the US power corridors. Congress specifically, that is. Plus why put all the eggs in same basket? M2Ks offer a three type Airforce to PAF, if one system is sanctioned the other two can pick up the slack.

Pakistan should really consider buying these M2Ks.
I do agree with you, but someone might have seen and given priority to Egypt. The logic behind it is that France might not want to sell any weapon system required for the M2Ks to Pakistan, just like the avionics systems it was to supply the latter with.

Then UAE-Qatar can give free of cost these Mirages to PAF and also Qatar can buy Egyptian ones for PAF.

Well you have to understand it again U.A.E AF has never been interested in offering it to hindustan in the first place never at all.

For a pdf analist; you are not very bright. Just get it into your head for the zillionth time that the IAF is not looking for second hand Mirages. As a matter of fact Dassault had even offered to transfer the Mirage 2K production line to India, but India turned that down and floated the MMRCA project instead.
So peddle your 'fairy-tale' some-place else.

For a pdf analist; you are not very bright. Just get it into your head for the zillionth time that the IAF is not looking for second hand Mirages. As a matter of fact Dassault had even offered to transfer the Mirage 2K production line to India, but India turned that down and floated the MMRCA project instead.
But sir don't you think that it'll be a good idea for the I.A.F. to buy all those 68 Mirage-2000-9 considering the fact that we have got 50 odd Mirages of our own and adding these beauties will surely enhance the strike capability of the I.A.F. until the induction of the Rafales.Plus the fact that these aircrafts have recently been upgraded to standard similar to our own upgraded 2000-5 MK-2 aircrafts will be the real icing on the cake.What's your opinion in this matter??

But sir don't you think that it'll be a good idea for the I.A.F. to buy all those 68 Mirage-2000-9 considering the fact that we have got 50 odd Mirages of our own and adding these beauties will surely enhance the strike capability of the I.A.F. until the induction of the Rafales.Plus the fact that these aircrafts have recently been upgraded to standard similar to our own upgraded 2000-5 MK-2 aircrafts will be the real icing on the cake.What's your opinion in this matter??
Naah. In fact we should sell our Mirages and get the follow-on 63 Rafales.

Naah. In fact we should sell our Mirages and get the follow-on 63 Rafales.
Come on mate we all know that the I.A.F. will most probably order those extra 63 Rafales once the planes start to get inducted in the force.But here we have got a real deal in our hands and if we play all our cards well enough we might end up buying those Mirages from the U.A.E. and thuse enhancing our strike capability to a great extent.Spending nearly $40 millions to upgrade each of the existing fleet shows how much the I.A.F. is in love with it's Mirages.So it won't hurt us if we can buy these upgraded ones at a fraction of the price of a the current Rafale deal.In this way we can easily retire our Mig-27 fleet and at the same time keep the no. of squadrons at the same level.Plus i don't think that the cost of these upgraded aircrafts will be more than $40 million per plane,so the whole deal will cose us somewhere near $3 billions and i think that the I.A.F. can easily afford them if it want to considering their capital acquistion amount which is more than $5 billions in this current financial year:coffee:.

Come on mate we all know that the I.A.F. will most probably order those extra 63 Rafales once the planes start to get inducted in the force.But here we have got a real deal in our hands and if we play all our cards well enough we might end up buying those Mirages from the U.A.E. and thuse enhancing our strike capability to a great extent.Spending nearly $40 millions to upgrade each of the existing fleet shows how much the I.A.F. is in love with it's Mirages.So it won't hurt us if we can buy these upgraded ones at a fraction of the price of a the current Rafale deal.In this way we can easily retire our Mig-27 fleet and at the same time keep the no. of squadrons at the same level.Plus i don't think that the cost of these upgraded aircrafts will be more than $40 million per plane,so the whole deal will cose us somewhere near $3 billions and i think that the I.A.F. can easily afford them if it want to considering their capital acquistion amount which is more than $5 billions in this current financial year:coffee:.
I was talking from the perspective of reducing variety in IAF for the long term, I mean by 2025, we'll have Mig-27, MiG-29, Su-30, FGFA, Rafale, Jaguar, LCA, Mirages. Not to mention, Mirages role can be easily performed by Rafales.
But for now, 60 Mirages certainly sound good. Will ease some of the pressure due to depleting force.
Never mind, we haven't seen any intent on our side to talk to U.A.E so the deal is just a fanboy dream.

Why do people assume that just becasue its a arab country they will give it for free for Pakistan

When did we ever get a free fighter jet from Arab country

Sure Libya gave us Mirage and parts but that was Libya more westernized at that time then many Gulf states

Not really.
First of all; the price of these second-hand aircraft is likely to be an issue. Secondly, the Rafale is a move upwards in capability. Not that the M2K lacks a punch. The numbers of the M2K in the IAF inventory (esp with the upgrades) is in just the right numbers with the projected Rafale induction to be very lethal indeed. There is a good reason why the IAF turned its back on Dassault's offer to shift M2K production to India.

brilliant indian pdfian; thread is not about MRCA second you realize you or your hindustani friend are eager to talk about iaf and U.A.E Mirages not me I already told you U.A.E is not interested and never was to offer it to iaf so tell it to your friends whether hindustan was ever looking or 2nd hand for not non of my concern you are barking up the wrong tree.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom