U.S. slams Baghdad bombers as ‘enemies of Islam’ after Eid attacks

Yzd Khalifa

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
U.S. slams Baghdad bombers as ‘enemies of Islam’ after Eid attacks

Al Arabiya

Attackers who killed at least 61 people in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad on Saturday were condemned as “enemies of Islam” by the United States, in an unusually detailed statement on the latest violence.

The State Department described the attacks as “cowardly” as they were “aimed at families celebrating the Eid al-Fitr” holiday that marks the end of the holy fasting month of Ramadan.

Car bombs had torn through Baghdad cafes and markets, as well as other blasts and shootings elsewhere, according to the U.S. statement.

“The terrorists who committed these acts are enemies of Islam and a shared enemy of the United States, Iraq, and the international community,” Psaki said, according to the statement carried by AFP news agency.

“The attacks today bear the hallmarks of similar suicide and vehicle bomb attacks in Iraq over the past 90 days. Most of these attacks have been perpetrated by al-Qaeda in Iraq,” she added, expressing condolences to the families of the victims of Saturday’s killings.

The latest violence to hit the war-ravaged country came weeks after assaults, claimed by an al-Qaeda front group, on prisons near Baghdad that freed hundreds of militants.

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki, however, went further, reiterating the $10 million award offered for al-Qaeda in Iraq’s purported leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, who is believed to be sheltering in Syria.

“He has taken personal credit for a series of terrorist attacks in Iraq since 2011, and most recently claimed credit for the operations against the Abu Ghraib prison outside Baghdad, the suicide bombing assault on the Ministry of Justice, among other attacks against Iraqi security forces and Iraqi citizens,” Psaki said.

“The United States has offered a $10 million reward for information that helps authorities kill or capture Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. This reward is second only to information leading to Ayman al-Zawahiri, the chief of al-Qaeda’s network,” she added.

:usflag:

Attackers who killed at least 61 people in the Iraqi capital of Baghdad on Saturday were condemned as “enemies of Islam” by the United States, in an unusually detailed statement on the latest violence.
Really? How about when the Yanks killed 60,000 innocent Iraqis during Operation Shock and Awe? And the hundreds of innocent men women and children killed by their drones in Pakistan?

They should be called the enemies of humanity.

Really? How about when the Yanks killed 60,000 innocent Iraqis during Operation Shock and Awe? And the hundreds of innocent men women and children killed by their drones in Pakistan?

They should be called the enemies of humanity.

A million Iraqis died due to the brutality of those inhumane mercenary contractors.

considering they are doing it to put pressure on Maliki to not cooperate with Iran....I wonder why they even bother with such fake statements.

U.S is responsible for all this blood shed in the first place....

Its kinda like Hitler saying "Palestinians attacking Israel are enemies of Jews" ...:ashamed:

Last edited by a moderator:
They paid a high price though, especially the economy.
That resistance was legit, I know some that took part including some family, though now its secterian terrorism targeting civillians.

That resistance was legit, I know some that took part including some family, though now its secterian terrorism targeting civillians.
~4 trillion dollars is too much.
6000 soliders were killed, 45k were injured, many of whom had critical injuries.

Prior to their withdrawal, they gave Al-Maliki's regime more than $60 billion dollars aid.

~4 trillion dollars is too much.
6000 soliders were killed, 45k were injured, many of whom had critical injuries.

I have no hate for the US.
But they start many wars, trying to control everything being the world police. Funny thing is the recruits actually believe they are defending the US. The time of really defending the US is over. these wars are for their interests.

My friend, it's called revenge. If Shia kill Suuni then revenge, if Suuni kill Shia then revenge. I have sources, it's a shame media doesn't air it.

- Why did US invade Iraq?
- Why did they hand the country to govts puppet to Iran?
- Why did they make the sectarian conflict?
- Does Saddam have to do anything with terrorism?
- Even if he had WMD, does that mean US have to invade Russia, UK, France, Pakistan, India, Nk and China?

How to avoid bloodshed?
- Give an autonomy for Suuni Muslims in the Western region.
- Without meddling the Western region
- Deport all Shiites to the East and Suunis to the West.

IMO, Autonomy is the best option.

I have no hate for the US.
But they start many wars, trying to control everything being the world police. Funny thing is the recruits actually believe they are defending the US. The time of really defending the US is over. these wars are for their interests.

Right, the US is defending its interests with whatever means necessary to do so.

My friend, it's called revenge. If Shia kill Suuni then revenge, if Suuni kill Shia then revenge. I have sources, it's a shame media doesn't air it.

- Why did US invade Iraq?
- Why did they hand the country to govts puppet to Iran?
- Why did they make the sectarian conflict?
- Does Saddam have to do anything with terrorism?
- Even if he had WMD, does that mean US have to invade Russia, UK, France, Pakistan, India, Nk and China?

How to avoid bloodshed?
- Give an autonomy for Suuni Muslims in the Western region.
- Without meddling the Western region
- Deport all Shiites to the East and Suunis to the West.

IMO, Autonomy is the best option.

Autonomy means more interference by neighbours. bloodshed will not stop by giving autonomy neither are they requesting it, neither are we willing to do this seperation, infact it would increase bloodshed and terror.

We know what’s best. Pleasing neighbours certainly isn’t.

During Saddam would you give the south autonomy ? No...
So your simply not looking to solve anything but your anti shia.

Back
Top Bottom