What's new

U.S. and IndianEvangelicals Teamed Up to Push Through Modi Visa Ban

I think evangelical Christianity is the solution to Hindu extremism.
I think Evangelical christianity is the solution for CCP and china's communism , that is why your government monitors churches so strictly..

I think Evangelical christianity is the solution for CCP and china's communism , that is why your government monitors churches so strictly..

I'm an atheist.

Communism is not a religion.

Hindus are very radical people, just look at their behaviour. That's why Evangelicals can civilize the Hindu population. That would get rid of the mass rapes, mass defecation and mass boasting that's unique to all Hindus.

Indians should welcome evangelical Christianity.

Nothing more than a petty Modi bashing blog disguised as some sort of warning against the rise of fictitious militant Hindu in the US.

@adwityagrata Good article, but why are into bashing secularism again dude? Secularism is against the manifestation of fundamentalism from ANY/EVERY Religion. What the Evangelists are doing is bound to hurt our Nation, but any guesses as to who's providing them the cannon fodder to justify their actions in the first place?

What you(and I too) are against is pseudo-secularism. Don't mix the Congress Policy of minority-appeasement & BJP policy of majority appeasement as justification for your attacks against those who oppose religious extremism emanating from any religion and advocate separation of the State from Religion.

@adwityagrata Good article, but why are into bashing secularism again dude? Secularism is against the manifestation of fundamentalism from ANY/EVERY Religion. What the Evangelists are doing is bound to hurt our Nation, but any guesses as to who's providing them the cannon fodder to justify their actions in the first place?

What you(and I too) are against is pseudo-secularism. Don't mix the Congress Policy of minority-appeasement & BJP policy of majority appeasement as justification for your attacks against those who oppose religious extremism emanating from any religion and advocate separation of the State from Religion.

First of all read up on what secularism mean before speaking about it.

Secularism in the western (christian) context means separation of the church and the state. It has been clearly established that the christian evangelicals exert extraordinary power over the US congress and US political establishment. This article shows how the American claim for secularism is a sham and how their treatment of Indians is colored by religious bigotry.

I am yet to see any form of Religious extremism from Hinduism except when working to defend their turf and way of life. Only a pseudo secular will call Hinduism fight for survival (with its back against the wall) as religious extremism.

If you are going to turn apologist for such blatant christian bigotry, kindly do not try to blame Hinduism for providing 'cannon fodder' or instigating it. It sounds suspiciously like the pakistani blaming the 'core issue' for sending terrorists into India.

First of all read up on what secularism mean before speaking about it.

Secularism in the western (christian) context means separation of the church and the state. It has been clearly established that the christian evangelicals exert extraordinary power over the US congress and US political establishment. This article shows how the American claim for secularism is a sham and how their treatment of Indians is colored by religious bigotry.

I am yet to see any form of Religious extremism from Hinduism except when working to defend their turf and way of life. Only a pseudo secular will call Hinduism fight for survival (with its back against the wall) as religious extremism.

If you are going to turn apologist for such blatant christian bigotry, kindly do not try to blame Hinduism for providing 'cannon fodder' or instigating it. It sounds suspiciously like the pakistani blaming the 'core issue' for sending terrorists into India.

Contrary to what you're trying to portray, our Governments are neither secular in the classical sense nor is Hinduism or Hindu way of life under threat from any other religion. The influence of pro-Hindu lobbies on our Political establishments are just as strong as Christian evangelical lobbies on US Governments. I'm merely stating that neither is a good trend that needs to be nurtured any further.

If the US is secular in name alone, then they are not the model that we need to follow.Our model of Governance need not mimic that of the US.

Contrary to what you're trying to portray, our Governments are neither secular in the classical sense nor is Hinduism or Hindu way of life under threat from any other religion. The influence of pro-Hindu lobbies on our Political establishments are just as strong as Christian evangelical lobbies on US Governments. I'm merely stating that neither is a good trend that needs to be nurtured any further.

If the US is secular in name alone, then they are not the model that we need to follow.Our model of Governance need not mimic that of the US.

The congress govt. is certainly not secular, but our constitution is.

The pro-Hindu lobby in our political establishment is a response to an Anti-Hindu establishment that is nurtured by the congress govt.

The same is NOT true for the Christian evangelical lobbies on US Governments. They are not fighting to protect their way of life, but for converting others into their way of life and their way of thinking.

The congress govt. is certainly not secular, but our constitution is.

The pro-Hindu lobby in our political establishment is a response to an Anti-Hindu establishment that is nurtured by the congress govt.

The same is NOT true for the Christian evangelical lobbies on US Governments. They are not fighting to protect their way of life, but for converting others into their way of life and their way of thinking.

In fact, the Jewish lobby exerts the strongest influence on the US Govt. And for all their power, what exactly have they achieved so far against India? Denying Visa to a Leader who belongs to a Right-Wing Hindu Nationalist Political Party and who's accused of perpetrating targeted violence on minorities is a strong reason in itself! But yeah, any decision taken without evangelical influence would be welcome.

I'm an atheist.

Communism is not a religion.

Hindus are very radical people, just look at their behaviour. That's why Evangelicals can civilize the Hindu population. That would get rid of the mass rapes, mass defecation and mass boasting that's unique to all Hindus.

Indians should welcome evangelical Christianity.
I dont understand why chinese trolls need to troll everything on india related topics even though they know nothing about our religion.

In fact, the Jewish lobby exerts the strongest influence on the US Govt. And for all their power, what exactly have they achieved so far against India? Denying Visa to a Leader who belongs to a Right-Wing Hindu Nationalist Political Party and who's accused of perpetrating targeted violence on minorities is a strong reason in itself! But yeah, any decision taken without evangelical influence would be welcome.

not accused of anything,that story is old news.

You misunderstand, its not about Modi. Modi is only a symbol of resurgent India's ambition and desire. US action is targeted at this resurgence of Hindutva. That is the disturbing trend.

What exactly is Hindutva? And what does it seek to establish? just curious, not here for fights..

Hindu resurgence. Protection of Hindu religious, cultural and social practices afters centuries of abuse, discrimination and humiliation.

And who exactly are responsible for the bolded part dear.. Is it Christians who do not allow lower caste women not to cover their chests? Is is muslims who do not allow lower castes not to enter temples? Or is it westerners who asked widow to jump into the fire.. You cannot blame any one else for the mistakes mate, the problem lies with Hinduism itself..

Back
Top Bottom